Renault Duster 4X4 to be Launched in India by 2014 End: Report
By greeshma m | April 26, 2014 4:39 PM EST
Renault Duster 4×4 is reportedly coming to India by the end of 2014, suggests a new report.
2014 Renault Fluence Facelift Launched In India; Price, Feature Details (WikimediaCommons/Charles01)
The Renault Duster 4X4, which is already on sale in the international market has been rumoured to make an appearance in India for a while. Now a latest report by CarDekho claims that Sumit Sawhney, MD and CEO, Renault India has confirmed that the Indian wing of Renault is getting ready to bring the Duster 4×4 to the domestic market by the end of this year.
Globally, Renault Duster 4×4 is sold with petrol and diesel engines. While the diesel model is powered by K9K 1.5-liter four cylinder 8-valve diesel engine, which can generate a power of 107 hp and peak torque of 240 Nm, the petrol version comes with 1.6 liter four cylinder engine. The petrol model offers max power of 105 hp and peak torque of 148 Nm and both the engines come mated to six speed manual gearbox, reported Motoroids.
In India, Renault currently sells five models - the Pulse, Scala, Duster, Fluence and the Koleos. Duster is the Renault's game changer in the domestic market and has helped the company to establish its name in the country. However, the car is facing fierce competition in the market from Ford's EcoSport and Nissan's Terrano. In this highly competitive market, it is important for Renault to bring new models to the country.
The company recently introduced Fluence facelift in India at a starting price of ₹13.99 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi). The petrol version of Renault Fluence comes with 2.0-litre petrol engine, which can churn out a power of 135bhp and a peak torque of 190Nm and the diesel model comes with 1.5 litre, four cylinder engine that can generate a maximum power of 110 PS at 4000 RPM and a peak torque of 240 Nm at 1850 RPM. Mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox, the new Fluence offers a fuel efficiency figure of 20.4 kmpl.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money