Renault Duster 4X4 to be Launched in India by 2014 End: Report
By greeshma m | April 26, 2014 4:39 PM EST
Renault Duster 4×4 is reportedly coming to India by the end of 2014, suggests a new report.
2014 Renault Fluence Facelift Launched In India; Price, Feature Details (WikimediaCommons/Charles01)
The Renault Duster 4X4, which is already on sale in the international market has been rumoured to make an appearance in India for a while. Now a latest report by CarDekho claims that Sumit Sawhney, MD and CEO, Renault India has confirmed that the Indian wing of Renault is getting ready to bring the Duster 4×4 to the domestic market by the end of this year.
Globally, Renault Duster 4×4 is sold with petrol and diesel engines. While the diesel model is powered by K9K 1.5-liter four cylinder 8-valve diesel engine, which can generate a power of 107 hp and peak torque of 240 Nm, the petrol version comes with 1.6 liter four cylinder engine. The petrol model offers max power of 105 hp and peak torque of 148 Nm and both the engines come mated to six speed manual gearbox, reported Motoroids.
In India, Renault currently sells five models - the Pulse, Scala, Duster, Fluence and the Koleos. Duster is the Renault's game changer in the domestic market and has helped the company to establish its name in the country. However, the car is facing fierce competition in the market from Ford's EcoSport and Nissan's Terrano. In this highly competitive market, it is important for Renault to bring new models to the country.
The company recently introduced Fluence facelift in India at a starting price of ₹13.99 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi). The petrol version of Renault Fluence comes with 2.0-litre petrol engine, which can churn out a power of 135bhp and a peak torque of 190Nm and the diesel model comes with 1.5 litre, four cylinder engine that can generate a maximum power of 110 PS at 4000 RPM and a peak torque of 240 Nm at 1850 RPM. Mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox, the new Fluence offers a fuel efficiency figure of 20.4 kmpl.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’