Renault Duster 4X4 to be Launched in India by 2014 End: Report
By greeshma m | April 26, 2014 4:39 PM EST
Renault Duster 4×4 is reportedly coming to India by the end of 2014, suggests a new report.
2014 Renault Fluence Facelift Launched In India; Price, Feature Details (WikimediaCommons/Charles01)
The Renault Duster 4X4, which is already on sale in the international market has been rumoured to make an appearance in India for a while. Now a latest report by CarDekho claims that Sumit Sawhney, MD and CEO, Renault India has confirmed that the Indian wing of Renault is getting ready to bring the Duster 4×4 to the domestic market by the end of this year.
Globally, Renault Duster 4×4 is sold with petrol and diesel engines. While the diesel model is powered by K9K 1.5-liter four cylinder 8-valve diesel engine, which can generate a power of 107 hp and peak torque of 240 Nm, the petrol version comes with 1.6 liter four cylinder engine. The petrol model offers max power of 105 hp and peak torque of 148 Nm and both the engines come mated to six speed manual gearbox, reported Motoroids.
In India, Renault currently sells five models - the Pulse, Scala, Duster, Fluence and the Koleos. Duster is the Renault's game changer in the domestic market and has helped the company to establish its name in the country. However, the car is facing fierce competition in the market from Ford's EcoSport and Nissan's Terrano. In this highly competitive market, it is important for Renault to bring new models to the country.
The company recently introduced Fluence facelift in India at a starting price of ₹13.99 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi). The petrol version of Renault Fluence comes with 2.0-litre petrol engine, which can churn out a power of 135bhp and a peak torque of 190Nm and the diesel model comes with 1.5 litre, four cylinder engine that can generate a maximum power of 110 PS at 4000 RPM and a peak torque of 240 Nm at 1850 RPM. Mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox, the new Fluence offers a fuel efficiency figure of 20.4 kmpl.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock May Reach $150; First Trillion Company Talks, iPhone 6 and Apple Watch Boost Price
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James