Rookie Daniels Saves Houston from 0-3 Hole; Rockets Beat Trail Blazers, 121-116 in Overtime [PHOTOS]
By James Patrick Quizon | April 26, 2014 4:13 PM EST
The Portland Trail Blazers were primed to steal Game 3 from the Houston Rockets and grab the commanding 3-0 lead in this best-of-seven series, a rookie wouldn't allow it after hitting the go-ahead three-pointer for his team.
Troy Daniels saved James Harden, Dwight Howard, Jeremy Lin and the rest of the Rockets on Friday night after hitting a 27-footer off a Lin assist. The 22-year-old rookie finished with 9 points but none more important than the last three as no NBA team has come back to win a series down 0-3 hole in a best-of-seven affair.
Harden finished with 37 points and had a chance to win the game in regulation but missed a three-pointer at the buzzer. Blazers forward Nicolas Batum tied the game before that with his own clutch three-pointer which eventually sent the game to an extra period.
Howard had 24 points, 12 rebounds and 2 blocked shots, Chandler Parsons had 16 points and Patrick Beverley had 15 points. Lin scored 13 points and added 6 dimes for the Rockets, which now trails 1-2 in this series.
Houston (sort of) contained LaMarcus Aldridge, who finished with "just" 23 points on 8-of-22 shooting. The Blazers big man dropped 46 and 43 in Game 1 and Game 2, respectively.
View the slideshow for more images of Game 3 between Houston-Portland series.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin on Kobe Bryant’s Text: He’s 100 Percent Accurate
- Roger Federer Brings Danger To Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal at US Open
- Serena Williams Makes History; Among Most Dominant World's No.1 in History
- Rafael Nadal Blows Out Novak Djokovic as Top Contender For US Open Series – Tennis TV Poll
- Eugenie Bouchard To Conquer Next Era After Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams
- Google Nexus 6 Speculations Now Include Price: Five Fresh Features to Unpack on New Android Smart Phone in October/November Release Date
- Apple's iPhone 6 vs. Xiaomi Mi 4: Specifications, Features and Prices
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- A Florida Widow Wins $23.6 Billion Lawsuit Against Tobacco Company
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide