Paul Walker’s Brother Cody Emotional During Interview About Brother’s Death [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | April 26, 2014 3:33 PM EST
Paul Walker’s younger brother Cody Walker has opened up about the actor’s death. The 25-year-old paramedic still can’t believe that Paul is already gone.
Cody is sharing Paul’s role with their brother Caleb to help complete the production for “Fast & Furious 7.” Paul already completed most of his scenes in the film as Brian O’Conner, but there are still a few scenes left that need to be filmed.
In an interview with the Associated Press, Cody has opened up about how Paul’s untimely passing is affecting them all.
Right now, a whole lot of time has not gone by yet,” Cody said, referring to the November 30 accident that claimed his brother’s life at age 40.
“It still doesn’t feel real, because sometimes, working in this industry, making films, he’d be away from his family three, four, six months at a time, you know. And my only interaction would be a phone call. So I know it’s going to take a while. It’s going to take a few years before it feels real.”
Cody’s voice cracked while talking fondly about Paul. He praised his famous brother, saying he had lived a modest life and had treated people like a close friend.
“Anyone that’s ever met Paul, he’d never met a stranger in his life,” an emotional Cody continued. “He was so low-key, he had lived such a modest life. He would tell me how he was jealous of me because I still have my anonymity... it was so funny to hear that come from him.”
When asked about the details of his and 36-year-old Caleb’s involvement in “Fast & Furious 7,” Cody declined, saying he couldn’t talk about it.
He talked about Paul’s latest completed film, “Brick Mansions,” though.
“Paul had been training in martial arts for many, many years. Brazilian jujitsu was his choice and when he came across this film, what an awesome opportunity to work alongside the founder of Parkour and to showcase some of his cool martial arts, the foot chases, the fight scenes.”
“Brick Mansions” is released on Friday, April 25, in the U.S., while “Fast & Furious 7” is expected to hit theatres on April 10 in 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate