Paul Walker’s Brother Cody Emotional During Interview About Brother’s Death [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | April 26, 2014 3:33 PM EST
Paul Walker’s younger brother Cody Walker has opened up about the actor’s death. The 25-year-old paramedic still can’t believe that Paul is already gone.
Cody is sharing Paul’s role with their brother Caleb to help complete the production for “Fast & Furious 7.” Paul already completed most of his scenes in the film as Brian O’Conner, but there are still a few scenes left that need to be filmed.
In an interview with the Associated Press, Cody has opened up about how Paul’s untimely passing is affecting them all.
Right now, a whole lot of time has not gone by yet,” Cody said, referring to the November 30 accident that claimed his brother’s life at age 40.
“It still doesn’t feel real, because sometimes, working in this industry, making films, he’d be away from his family three, four, six months at a time, you know. And my only interaction would be a phone call. So I know it’s going to take a while. It’s going to take a few years before it feels real.”
Cody’s voice cracked while talking fondly about Paul. He praised his famous brother, saying he had lived a modest life and had treated people like a close friend.
“Anyone that’s ever met Paul, he’d never met a stranger in his life,” an emotional Cody continued. “He was so low-key, he had lived such a modest life. He would tell me how he was jealous of me because I still have my anonymity... it was so funny to hear that come from him.”
When asked about the details of his and 36-year-old Caleb’s involvement in “Fast & Furious 7,” Cody declined, saying he couldn’t talk about it.
He talked about Paul’s latest completed film, “Brick Mansions,” though.
“Paul had been training in martial arts for many, many years. Brazilian jujitsu was his choice and when he came across this film, what an awesome opportunity to work alongside the founder of Parkour and to showcase some of his cool martial arts, the foot chases, the fight scenes.”
“Brick Mansions” is released on Friday, April 25, in the U.S., while “Fast & Furious 7” is expected to hit theatres on April 10 in 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’