Paul Walker’s Brother Cody Emotional During Interview About Brother’s Death [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | April 26, 2014 3:33 PM EST
Paul Walker’s younger brother Cody Walker has opened up about the actor’s death. The 25-year-old paramedic still can’t believe that Paul is already gone.
Cody is sharing Paul’s role with their brother Caleb to help complete the production for “Fast & Furious 7.” Paul already completed most of his scenes in the film as Brian O’Conner, but there are still a few scenes left that need to be filmed.
In an interview with the Associated Press, Cody has opened up about how Paul’s untimely passing is affecting them all.
Right now, a whole lot of time has not gone by yet,” Cody said, referring to the November 30 accident that claimed his brother’s life at age 40.
“It still doesn’t feel real, because sometimes, working in this industry, making films, he’d be away from his family three, four, six months at a time, you know. And my only interaction would be a phone call. So I know it’s going to take a while. It’s going to take a few years before it feels real.”
Cody’s voice cracked while talking fondly about Paul. He praised his famous brother, saying he had lived a modest life and had treated people like a close friend.
“Anyone that’s ever met Paul, he’d never met a stranger in his life,” an emotional Cody continued. “He was so low-key, he had lived such a modest life. He would tell me how he was jealous of me because I still have my anonymity... it was so funny to hear that come from him.”
When asked about the details of his and 36-year-old Caleb’s involvement in “Fast & Furious 7,” Cody declined, saying he couldn’t talk about it.
He talked about Paul’s latest completed film, “Brick Mansions,” though.
“Paul had been training in martial arts for many, many years. Brazilian jujitsu was his choice and when he came across this film, what an awesome opportunity to work alongside the founder of Parkour and to showcase some of his cool martial arts, the foot chases, the fight scenes.”
“Brick Mansions” is released on Friday, April 25, in the U.S., while “Fast & Furious 7” is expected to hit theatres on April 10 in 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes