Paul Walker’s Brother Cody Emotional During Interview About Brother’s Death [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | April 26, 2014 3:33 PM EST
Paul Walker’s younger brother Cody Walker has opened up about the actor’s death. The 25-year-old paramedic still can’t believe that Paul is already gone.
Cody is sharing Paul’s role with their brother Caleb to help complete the production for “Fast & Furious 7.” Paul already completed most of his scenes in the film as Brian O’Conner, but there are still a few scenes left that need to be filmed.
In an interview with the Associated Press, Cody has opened up about how Paul’s untimely passing is affecting them all.
Right now, a whole lot of time has not gone by yet,” Cody said, referring to the November 30 accident that claimed his brother’s life at age 40.
“It still doesn’t feel real, because sometimes, working in this industry, making films, he’d be away from his family three, four, six months at a time, you know. And my only interaction would be a phone call. So I know it’s going to take a while. It’s going to take a few years before it feels real.”
Cody’s voice cracked while talking fondly about Paul. He praised his famous brother, saying he had lived a modest life and had treated people like a close friend.
“Anyone that’s ever met Paul, he’d never met a stranger in his life,” an emotional Cody continued. “He was so low-key, he had lived such a modest life. He would tell me how he was jealous of me because I still have my anonymity... it was so funny to hear that come from him.”
When asked about the details of his and 36-year-old Caleb’s involvement in “Fast & Furious 7,” Cody declined, saying he couldn’t talk about it.
He talked about Paul’s latest completed film, “Brick Mansions,” though.
“Paul had been training in martial arts for many, many years. Brazilian jujitsu was his choice and when he came across this film, what an awesome opportunity to work alongside the founder of Parkour and to showcase some of his cool martial arts, the foot chases, the fight scenes.”
“Brick Mansions” is released on Friday, April 25, in the U.S., while “Fast & Furious 7” is expected to hit theatres on April 10 in 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar