Honda Activa Beats Hero Splendor to Become India’s Best Selling Two-Wheeler
By greeshma m | April 26, 2014 3:13 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India's (HMSI) flagship scooter Activa has once again been crowned as the best selling two-wheeler in the country for March 2014.
Honda Activa 125 Coming to India soon
Honda's offering notched the top position after dethroning Hero Splendor, which has been holding the title for many years. This is the second time in the financial year 2013-14 that the Activa has managed to grab the best selling title from Splendor.
The company sold 1,77,928 units of Activa in the month of March, posting a growth of 65 percent as against the 108,815 units sold in the corresponding month last year. Activa is leading by a margin of 13,000 units over the 2nd largest selling two-wheeler model in India.
Delighted by the performance of Activa ,Yadvinder S. Guleria, VP, sales & marketing, HMSI said: "We are excited that Honda Activa has once again become the highest selling two-wheeler of India in March'14 after Sept'13. This clearly indicates that Activa is exponentially getting acceptance as the most preferred choice of two-wheeler for commuting in the country. We are proud to share that Activa is now strongly making inroads in Tier-2 towns and beyond. Every month lacs of Indian families are choosing Activa over any other 2Wheeler. The success of revolutionary HET in our automatic scooters is further reaffirming Honda as the technology and mileage leader in automatic scooter segment."
Activa has been on the Indian roads since 2001 and has received cosmetic upgrades numerous times. The latest version of the scooter is tipped to debut next week. Dubbed Activa 125, the latest offering of Honda in the Activa line up will be made available in two variants - Standard (with drum brakes) and Deluxe (Disc brakes & alloys). While the Standard version is priced at ₹52,447, the Deluxe comes at a price point of ₹58,156 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The latest Activa packs a 125cc, single cylinder, four-stroke engine under the hood, which can churn out a power of 8.6bhp at 6500 rpm and a peak torque of 10.12 Nm at 5500 rpm .The engine comes mated to a V-Matic CVT transmission and comes with telescopic fork suspension at the front and hydraulic type at the rear.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers