Honda Activa Beats Hero Splendor to Become India’s Best Selling Two-Wheeler
By greeshma m | April 26, 2014 3:13 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India's (HMSI) flagship scooter Activa has once again been crowned as the best selling two-wheeler in the country for March 2014.
Honda Activa 125 Coming to India soon
Honda's offering notched the top position after dethroning Hero Splendor, which has been holding the title for many years. This is the second time in the financial year 2013-14 that the Activa has managed to grab the best selling title from Splendor.
The company sold 1,77,928 units of Activa in the month of March, posting a growth of 65 percent as against the 108,815 units sold in the corresponding month last year. Activa is leading by a margin of 13,000 units over the 2nd largest selling two-wheeler model in India.
Delighted by the performance of Activa ,Yadvinder S. Guleria, VP, sales & marketing, HMSI said: "We are excited that Honda Activa has once again become the highest selling two-wheeler of India in March'14 after Sept'13. This clearly indicates that Activa is exponentially getting acceptance as the most preferred choice of two-wheeler for commuting in the country. We are proud to share that Activa is now strongly making inroads in Tier-2 towns and beyond. Every month lacs of Indian families are choosing Activa over any other 2Wheeler. The success of revolutionary HET in our automatic scooters is further reaffirming Honda as the technology and mileage leader in automatic scooter segment."
Activa has been on the Indian roads since 2001 and has received cosmetic upgrades numerous times. The latest version of the scooter is tipped to debut next week. Dubbed Activa 125, the latest offering of Honda in the Activa line up will be made available in two variants - Standard (with drum brakes) and Deluxe (Disc brakes & alloys). While the Standard version is priced at ₹52,447, the Deluxe comes at a price point of ₹58,156 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The latest Activa packs a 125cc, single cylinder, four-stroke engine under the hood, which can churn out a power of 8.6bhp at 6500 rpm and a peak torque of 10.12 Nm at 5500 rpm .The engine comes mated to a V-Matic CVT transmission and comes with telescopic fork suspension at the front and hydraulic type at the rear.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?