Honda Activa Beats Hero Splendor to Become India’s Best Selling Two-Wheeler
By greeshma m | April 26, 2014 3:13 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India's (HMSI) flagship scooter Activa has once again been crowned as the best selling two-wheeler in the country for March 2014.
Honda Activa 125 Coming to India soon
Honda's offering notched the top position after dethroning Hero Splendor, which has been holding the title for many years. This is the second time in the financial year 2013-14 that the Activa has managed to grab the best selling title from Splendor.
The company sold 1,77,928 units of Activa in the month of March, posting a growth of 65 percent as against the 108,815 units sold in the corresponding month last year. Activa is leading by a margin of 13,000 units over the 2nd largest selling two-wheeler model in India.
Delighted by the performance of Activa ,Yadvinder S. Guleria, VP, sales & marketing, HMSI said: "We are excited that Honda Activa has once again become the highest selling two-wheeler of India in March'14 after Sept'13. This clearly indicates that Activa is exponentially getting acceptance as the most preferred choice of two-wheeler for commuting in the country. We are proud to share that Activa is now strongly making inroads in Tier-2 towns and beyond. Every month lacs of Indian families are choosing Activa over any other 2Wheeler. The success of revolutionary HET in our automatic scooters is further reaffirming Honda as the technology and mileage leader in automatic scooter segment."
Activa has been on the Indian roads since 2001 and has received cosmetic upgrades numerous times. The latest version of the scooter is tipped to debut next week. Dubbed Activa 125, the latest offering of Honda in the Activa line up will be made available in two variants - Standard (with drum brakes) and Deluxe (Disc brakes & alloys). While the Standard version is priced at ₹52,447, the Deluxe comes at a price point of ₹58,156 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The latest Activa packs a 125cc, single cylinder, four-stroke engine under the hood, which can churn out a power of 8.6bhp at 6500 rpm and a peak torque of 10.12 Nm at 5500 rpm .The engine comes mated to a V-Matic CVT transmission and comes with telescopic fork suspension at the front and hydraulic type at the rear.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation