Honda Activa Beats Hero Splendor to Become India’s Best Selling Two-Wheeler
By greeshma m | April 26, 2014 3:13 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India's (HMSI) flagship scooter Activa has once again been crowned as the best selling two-wheeler in the country for March 2014.
Honda Activa 125 Coming to India soon
Honda's offering notched the top position after dethroning Hero Splendor, which has been holding the title for many years. This is the second time in the financial year 2013-14 that the Activa has managed to grab the best selling title from Splendor.
The company sold 1,77,928 units of Activa in the month of March, posting a growth of 65 percent as against the 108,815 units sold in the corresponding month last year. Activa is leading by a margin of 13,000 units over the 2nd largest selling two-wheeler model in India.
Delighted by the performance of Activa ,Yadvinder S. Guleria, VP, sales & marketing, HMSI said: "We are excited that Honda Activa has once again become the highest selling two-wheeler of India in March'14 after Sept'13. This clearly indicates that Activa is exponentially getting acceptance as the most preferred choice of two-wheeler for commuting in the country. We are proud to share that Activa is now strongly making inroads in Tier-2 towns and beyond. Every month lacs of Indian families are choosing Activa over any other 2Wheeler. The success of revolutionary HET in our automatic scooters is further reaffirming Honda as the technology and mileage leader in automatic scooter segment."
Activa has been on the Indian roads since 2001 and has received cosmetic upgrades numerous times. The latest version of the scooter is tipped to debut next week. Dubbed Activa 125, the latest offering of Honda in the Activa line up will be made available in two variants - Standard (with drum brakes) and Deluxe (Disc brakes & alloys). While the Standard version is priced at ₹52,447, the Deluxe comes at a price point of ₹58,156 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The latest Activa packs a 125cc, single cylinder, four-stroke engine under the hood, which can churn out a power of 8.6bhp at 6500 rpm and a peak torque of 10.12 Nm at 5500 rpm .The engine comes mated to a V-Matic CVT transmission and comes with telescopic fork suspension at the front and hydraulic type at the rear.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown