Honda Activa Beats Hero Splendor to Become India’s Best Selling Two-Wheeler
By greeshma m | April 26, 2014 3:13 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India's (HMSI) flagship scooter Activa has once again been crowned as the best selling two-wheeler in the country for March 2014.
Honda Activa 125 Coming to India soon
Honda's offering notched the top position after dethroning Hero Splendor, which has been holding the title for many years. This is the second time in the financial year 2013-14 that the Activa has managed to grab the best selling title from Splendor.
The company sold 1,77,928 units of Activa in the month of March, posting a growth of 65 percent as against the 108,815 units sold in the corresponding month last year. Activa is leading by a margin of 13,000 units over the 2nd largest selling two-wheeler model in India.
Delighted by the performance of Activa ,Yadvinder S. Guleria, VP, sales & marketing, HMSI said: "We are excited that Honda Activa has once again become the highest selling two-wheeler of India in March'14 after Sept'13. This clearly indicates that Activa is exponentially getting acceptance as the most preferred choice of two-wheeler for commuting in the country. We are proud to share that Activa is now strongly making inroads in Tier-2 towns and beyond. Every month lacs of Indian families are choosing Activa over any other 2Wheeler. The success of revolutionary HET in our automatic scooters is further reaffirming Honda as the technology and mileage leader in automatic scooter segment."
Activa has been on the Indian roads since 2001 and has received cosmetic upgrades numerous times. The latest version of the scooter is tipped to debut next week. Dubbed Activa 125, the latest offering of Honda in the Activa line up will be made available in two variants - Standard (with drum brakes) and Deluxe (Disc brakes & alloys). While the Standard version is priced at ₹52,447, the Deluxe comes at a price point of ₹58,156 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The latest Activa packs a 125cc, single cylinder, four-stroke engine under the hood, which can churn out a power of 8.6bhp at 6500 rpm and a peak torque of 10.12 Nm at 5500 rpm .The engine comes mated to a V-Matic CVT transmission and comes with telescopic fork suspension at the front and hydraulic type at the rear.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone