Nike World Cup Commercial: Watch Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, Wayne Rooney & Kobe Bryant Starring in Greatest Flick of All-Time
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 26, 2014 4:33 AM EST
Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Neymar, Iniesta and the Incredible Hulk: These are only some of many recognizable personalities who made their grand appearance in Nike's latest star-studded advertisement for the upcoming FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo celebrates after scoring against Borussia Dortmund, 2 April. Reuters
Arguably the greatest goal-scorer in the modern era (Sorry Messi), Ronaldo once again dazzled and sizzled on the football field, as the ever charismatic endorser of the world's leading athletic shoemaker.
Ronaldo solidified his place as the best football player right now after winning his second Ballon d'Or award of his career, besting four-time defending winner Lionel Messi of Barcelona and French playmaker Franck Ribéry of Bayer Munich.
However, Ronaldo is not the only star in this latest flick by Nike, as sporting world's ethereal bodies descend from the heavens to make every second of this phenomenal advertisement worth watching.
From Manchester United's top gunner Wayne Rooney to Barcelona and Brazil's phenom Neymar, it's certainly an adrenaline-draining experience for die-hard football fans to see their favorite players going at it.
Mirror.com writer Paul Gorst gave a positive feedback on Nike's latest pre-World Cup advertisement gig, calling the sportswear-maker the "undisputed kings" of this kind of marketing campaign.
"When it comes to pre-tournament advertisement campaigns, Nike are the undisputed kings. The American sportswear giants always leave their mark, and the company are it once again ahead of this summer's Brazil World Cup," Gorst stated in the opening line of his article.
Bleacher Report also provided a positive review, claiming Nike has nailed it again by coming up with a much better version of their past pre-World Cup commercials like the 'Write the Future' campaign leading up to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
"Nike have a tradition of producing epic adverts for the World Cup (remember Write the Future?), and their latest offering lives up to the reputation," according to Bleacher Report United Kingdom.
Crossover Stars Make It Gazillions Times Better
The idea of bringing all well-known football players (with the exception of Messi) was great, but putting other sporting stars such as Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant, MMA legends Anderson Silva & Jon Jones, and the Avengers' Hulk made it astonishing.
The true message of the 2014 FIFA World Cup has already been conveyed by the advertisement in epic proportion. There is a time in every four years, when the world stops turning and global leaders become just mere spectators, when superiority is not measured by cutting-edge artilleries and weapons of mass destructions but rather settled by results of collective efforts of skilled individuals, and where the unbridled passion for the game reigns in everyone's heart - that's the magic of football.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced