Nike World Cup Commercial: Watch Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, Wayne Rooney & Kobe Bryant Starring in Greatest Flick of All-Time
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 26, 2014 4:33 AM EST
Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Neymar, Iniesta and the Incredible Hulk: These are only some of many recognizable personalities who made their grand appearance in Nike's latest star-studded advertisement for the upcoming FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo celebrates after scoring against Borussia Dortmund, 2 April. Reuters
Arguably the greatest goal-scorer in the modern era (Sorry Messi), Ronaldo once again dazzled and sizzled on the football field, as the ever charismatic endorser of the world's leading athletic shoemaker.
Ronaldo solidified his place as the best football player right now after winning his second Ballon d'Or award of his career, besting four-time defending winner Lionel Messi of Barcelona and French playmaker Franck Ribéry of Bayer Munich.
However, Ronaldo is not the only star in this latest flick by Nike, as sporting world's ethereal bodies descend from the heavens to make every second of this phenomenal advertisement worth watching.
From Manchester United's top gunner Wayne Rooney to Barcelona and Brazil's phenom Neymar, it's certainly an adrenaline-draining experience for die-hard football fans to see their favorite players going at it.
Mirror.com writer Paul Gorst gave a positive feedback on Nike's latest pre-World Cup advertisement gig, calling the sportswear-maker the "undisputed kings" of this kind of marketing campaign.
"When it comes to pre-tournament advertisement campaigns, Nike are the undisputed kings. The American sportswear giants always leave their mark, and the company are it once again ahead of this summer's Brazil World Cup," Gorst stated in the opening line of his article.
Bleacher Report also provided a positive review, claiming Nike has nailed it again by coming up with a much better version of their past pre-World Cup commercials like the 'Write the Future' campaign leading up to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
"Nike have a tradition of producing epic adverts for the World Cup (remember Write the Future?), and their latest offering lives up to the reputation," according to Bleacher Report United Kingdom.
Crossover Stars Make It Gazillions Times Better
The idea of bringing all well-known football players (with the exception of Messi) was great, but putting other sporting stars such as Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant, MMA legends Anderson Silva & Jon Jones, and the Avengers' Hulk made it astonishing.
The true message of the 2014 FIFA World Cup has already been conveyed by the advertisement in epic proportion. There is a time in every four years, when the world stops turning and global leaders become just mere spectators, when superiority is not measured by cutting-edge artilleries and weapons of mass destructions but rather settled by results of collective efforts of skilled individuals, and where the unbridled passion for the game reigns in everyone's heart - that's the magic of football.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR - Preview and Live Streaming Link
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica