Nike World Cup Commercial: Watch Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, Wayne Rooney & Kobe Bryant Starring in Greatest Flick of All-Time
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 26, 2014 4:33 AM EST
Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Neymar, Iniesta and the Incredible Hulk: These are only some of many recognizable personalities who made their grand appearance in Nike's latest star-studded advertisement for the upcoming FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo celebrates after scoring against Borussia Dortmund, 2 April. Reuters
Arguably the greatest goal-scorer in the modern era (Sorry Messi), Ronaldo once again dazzled and sizzled on the football field, as the ever charismatic endorser of the world's leading athletic shoemaker.
Ronaldo solidified his place as the best football player right now after winning his second Ballon d'Or award of his career, besting four-time defending winner Lionel Messi of Barcelona and French playmaker Franck Ribéry of Bayer Munich.
However, Ronaldo is not the only star in this latest flick by Nike, as sporting world's ethereal bodies descend from the heavens to make every second of this phenomenal advertisement worth watching.
From Manchester United's top gunner Wayne Rooney to Barcelona and Brazil's phenom Neymar, it's certainly an adrenaline-draining experience for die-hard football fans to see their favorite players going at it.
Mirror.com writer Paul Gorst gave a positive feedback on Nike's latest pre-World Cup advertisement gig, calling the sportswear-maker the "undisputed kings" of this kind of marketing campaign.
"When it comes to pre-tournament advertisement campaigns, Nike are the undisputed kings. The American sportswear giants always leave their mark, and the company are it once again ahead of this summer's Brazil World Cup," Gorst stated in the opening line of his article.
Bleacher Report also provided a positive review, claiming Nike has nailed it again by coming up with a much better version of their past pre-World Cup commercials like the 'Write the Future' campaign leading up to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
"Nike have a tradition of producing epic adverts for the World Cup (remember Write the Future?), and their latest offering lives up to the reputation," according to Bleacher Report United Kingdom.
Crossover Stars Make It Gazillions Times Better
The idea of bringing all well-known football players (with the exception of Messi) was great, but putting other sporting stars such as Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant, MMA legends Anderson Silva & Jon Jones, and the Avengers' Hulk made it astonishing.
The true message of the 2014 FIFA World Cup has already been conveyed by the advertisement in epic proportion. There is a time in every four years, when the world stops turning and global leaders become just mere spectators, when superiority is not measured by cutting-edge artilleries and weapons of mass destructions but rather settled by results of collective efforts of skilled individuals, and where the unbridled passion for the game reigns in everyone's heart - that's the magic of football.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown