Ryse: Son of Rome Gets Battle Ready with New Duel of Fates DLC
By Aditya Bhat | April 26, 2014 2:03 AM EST
Ryse: Son of Rome, the action-adventure title from developer Crytek and publisher Microsoft Studios, gets is newest downloadable content (DLC) Duel of Fates.
Ryse: Son of Rome was released on 22 November.
It was revealed on Xbox Wire that the new DLC for Ryse: Son of Rome will introduce two arena mode maps - Invictus and Barbarous. The DLC will also see the addition of a new survival map - Island. Players will also get two new gladiator skins - Glott the barbarian chief and protagonist Marius Titus.
The maps are "prawling, multi-tiered affairs" with Microsoft trying to tell stories through them. These maps are loosely based on historical events, during the fall of the Roman Empire.
- Invictus Map - It is based on the series of slave uprisings that resulted in the Servile Wars.
- Barbarous Map - This is based on the attacks by barbarians that eventually led to the fall of the Roman Empire. This map starts in an open courtyard and moves to the city's market, getting more claustrophobic as the game progresses.
- Island Map - This survival map opens with Gladiators entering the arena already hurt. Players will face an endless wave of combatants. Players will also have to kill the defeated enemies so as to restore their own health. This map creates a "sense of urgency" and tension. Players will also face raining arrows. The post on the Xbox Wire extols players not to pause, and says this is the 'most intense' map offered in the whole game.
All three maps will task players in capturing a landmark like a God Tree, and defending its Emperor from harm; in this case, Emperor Nero. Players will also have to be cautious and avoid firetraps and arrow jets. Also, players will have to keep an eye out for some of the newest introductions - underground areas, which will be linking some of the stages together. These maps offer players thematic and environmental diversity.
The DLC is already available and will cost $8.99 for the standalone pack. It will be free for season pass holders.
Ryse: Son of Rome is an Xbox One exclusive video game released on 22 November.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar