Ryse: Son of Rome Gets Battle Ready with New Duel of Fates DLC
By Aditya Bhat | April 26, 2014 2:03 AM EST
Ryse: Son of Rome, the action-adventure title from developer Crytek and publisher Microsoft Studios, gets is newest downloadable content (DLC) Duel of Fates.
Ryse: Son of Rome was released on 22 November.
It was revealed on Xbox Wire that the new DLC for Ryse: Son of Rome will introduce two arena mode maps - Invictus and Barbarous. The DLC will also see the addition of a new survival map - Island. Players will also get two new gladiator skins - Glott the barbarian chief and protagonist Marius Titus.
The maps are "prawling, multi-tiered affairs" with Microsoft trying to tell stories through them. These maps are loosely based on historical events, during the fall of the Roman Empire.
- Invictus Map - It is based on the series of slave uprisings that resulted in the Servile Wars.
- Barbarous Map - This is based on the attacks by barbarians that eventually led to the fall of the Roman Empire. This map starts in an open courtyard and moves to the city's market, getting more claustrophobic as the game progresses.
- Island Map - This survival map opens with Gladiators entering the arena already hurt. Players will face an endless wave of combatants. Players will also have to kill the defeated enemies so as to restore their own health. This map creates a "sense of urgency" and tension. Players will also face raining arrows. The post on the Xbox Wire extols players not to pause, and says this is the 'most intense' map offered in the whole game.
All three maps will task players in capturing a landmark like a God Tree, and defending its Emperor from harm; in this case, Emperor Nero. Players will also have to be cautious and avoid firetraps and arrow jets. Also, players will have to keep an eye out for some of the newest introductions - underground areas, which will be linking some of the stages together. These maps offer players thematic and environmental diversity.
The DLC is already available and will cost $8.99 for the standalone pack. It will be free for season pass holders.
Ryse: Son of Rome is an Xbox One exclusive video game released on 22 November.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28