Ryse: Son of Rome Gets Battle Ready with New Duel of Fates DLC
By Aditya Bhat | April 26, 2014 2:03 AM EST
Ryse: Son of Rome, the action-adventure title from developer Crytek and publisher Microsoft Studios, gets is newest downloadable content (DLC) Duel of Fates.
Ryse: Son of Rome was released on 22 November.
It was revealed on Xbox Wire that the new DLC for Ryse: Son of Rome will introduce two arena mode maps - Invictus and Barbarous. The DLC will also see the addition of a new survival map - Island. Players will also get two new gladiator skins - Glott the barbarian chief and protagonist Marius Titus.
The maps are "prawling, multi-tiered affairs" with Microsoft trying to tell stories through them. These maps are loosely based on historical events, during the fall of the Roman Empire.
- Invictus Map - It is based on the series of slave uprisings that resulted in the Servile Wars.
- Barbarous Map - This is based on the attacks by barbarians that eventually led to the fall of the Roman Empire. This map starts in an open courtyard and moves to the city's market, getting more claustrophobic as the game progresses.
- Island Map - This survival map opens with Gladiators entering the arena already hurt. Players will face an endless wave of combatants. Players will also have to kill the defeated enemies so as to restore their own health. This map creates a "sense of urgency" and tension. Players will also face raining arrows. The post on the Xbox Wire extols players not to pause, and says this is the 'most intense' map offered in the whole game.
All three maps will task players in capturing a landmark like a God Tree, and defending its Emperor from harm; in this case, Emperor Nero. Players will also have to be cautious and avoid firetraps and arrow jets. Also, players will have to keep an eye out for some of the newest introductions - underground areas, which will be linking some of the stages together. These maps offer players thematic and environmental diversity.
The DLC is already available and will cost $8.99 for the standalone pack. It will be free for season pass holders.
Ryse: Son of Rome is an Xbox One exclusive video game released on 22 November.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- Blackberry Passport vs Nokia Lumia Icon: Which Smartphone Will Outdo the Other; Specifications and Price Comparisons
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Plagued With Issues But With Great Battery; Note Edge Preorders Start in U.K.
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate