Ryse: Son of Rome Gets Battle Ready with New Duel of Fates DLC
By Aditya Bhat | April 26, 2014 2:03 AM EST
Ryse: Son of Rome, the action-adventure title from developer Crytek and publisher Microsoft Studios, gets is newest downloadable content (DLC) Duel of Fates.
Ryse: Son of Rome was released on 22 November.
It was revealed on Xbox Wire that the new DLC for Ryse: Son of Rome will introduce two arena mode maps - Invictus and Barbarous. The DLC will also see the addition of a new survival map - Island. Players will also get two new gladiator skins - Glott the barbarian chief and protagonist Marius Titus.
The maps are "prawling, multi-tiered affairs" with Microsoft trying to tell stories through them. These maps are loosely based on historical events, during the fall of the Roman Empire.
- Invictus Map - It is based on the series of slave uprisings that resulted in the Servile Wars.
- Barbarous Map - This is based on the attacks by barbarians that eventually led to the fall of the Roman Empire. This map starts in an open courtyard and moves to the city's market, getting more claustrophobic as the game progresses.
- Island Map - This survival map opens with Gladiators entering the arena already hurt. Players will face an endless wave of combatants. Players will also have to kill the defeated enemies so as to restore their own health. This map creates a "sense of urgency" and tension. Players will also face raining arrows. The post on the Xbox Wire extols players not to pause, and says this is the 'most intense' map offered in the whole game.
All three maps will task players in capturing a landmark like a God Tree, and defending its Emperor from harm; in this case, Emperor Nero. Players will also have to be cautious and avoid firetraps and arrow jets. Also, players will have to keep an eye out for some of the newest introductions - underground areas, which will be linking some of the stages together. These maps offer players thematic and environmental diversity.
The DLC is already available and will cost $8.99 for the standalone pack. It will be free for season pass holders.
Ryse: Son of Rome is an Xbox One exclusive video game released on 22 November.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools