Ryse: Son of Rome Gets Battle Ready with New Duel of Fates DLC
By Aditya Bhat | April 26, 2014 2:03 AM EST
Ryse: Son of Rome, the action-adventure title from developer Crytek and publisher Microsoft Studios, gets is newest downloadable content (DLC) Duel of Fates.
Ryse: Son of Rome was released on 22 November.
It was revealed on Xbox Wire that the new DLC for Ryse: Son of Rome will introduce two arena mode maps - Invictus and Barbarous. The DLC will also see the addition of a new survival map - Island. Players will also get two new gladiator skins - Glott the barbarian chief and protagonist Marius Titus.
The maps are "prawling, multi-tiered affairs" with Microsoft trying to tell stories through them. These maps are loosely based on historical events, during the fall of the Roman Empire.
- Invictus Map - It is based on the series of slave uprisings that resulted in the Servile Wars.
- Barbarous Map - This is based on the attacks by barbarians that eventually led to the fall of the Roman Empire. This map starts in an open courtyard and moves to the city's market, getting more claustrophobic as the game progresses.
- Island Map - This survival map opens with Gladiators entering the arena already hurt. Players will face an endless wave of combatants. Players will also have to kill the defeated enemies so as to restore their own health. This map creates a "sense of urgency" and tension. Players will also face raining arrows. The post on the Xbox Wire extols players not to pause, and says this is the 'most intense' map offered in the whole game.
All three maps will task players in capturing a landmark like a God Tree, and defending its Emperor from harm; in this case, Emperor Nero. Players will also have to be cautious and avoid firetraps and arrow jets. Also, players will have to keep an eye out for some of the newest introductions - underground areas, which will be linking some of the stages together. These maps offer players thematic and environmental diversity.
The DLC is already available and will cost $8.99 for the standalone pack. It will be free for season pass holders.
Ryse: Son of Rome is an Xbox One exclusive video game released on 22 November.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up