‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Big Reveals: Rita Ora Shares Why Working with Dakota Johnson Can Be a Little Bit Distracting and More
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 25, 2014 11:24 PM EST
There appears to have been a shower of information as "Fifty Shades of Grey" star Rita Ora continues to offer big revelations concerning her role as Mia Grey, how working with co-star Dakota Johnson felt like and more.
Singer Rita Ora arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
"Working with Dakota [Johnson] was extremely fun she's just so gorgeous so it kind of distracts you a little bit, but I mean she's a really great great . . . she's an amazing actress so I'm like learning things from her," the 23-year-old singer and actress told MTV News in an interview.
Rita Ora also revealed how she prepared for her role as Mia Grey, whom she referred to as "honestly one of the ones that loves her brother [Christian Grey] for whatever," saying she had to learn French and American accent and had to wear a brown wig on.
". . . I was being the smart girl that came from French school to see her family, so it was just a lot of dedication, it was like going back to school," the songstress told MTV in reference to her role.
Rita Ora has previously revealed how she snagged the Mia Grey role. The British songstress said that she only approached the production team of Fifty Shades in the hopes that she might be part of the soundtrack, but she got a movie role, instead. Ora is playing the role of Mia Grey, the sister of Christian Grey, played by Irish actor Jamie Dornan.
But aside from her Fifty Shades adventures, Ora also shared her personal exploits with DJ Calvin Harris, who she currently dates, to the media. According to a Daily Mail report, the British songstress admitted that like E.L. James fictional Fifty Shades of Grey characters Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan) and Anastasia Steele (Dakota Johnson), Ora and Harris are also into "some kinky bedroom antic" in real life.
Surprised? Apparently, Ora has even detailed it in an interview with "The Breakfast Club" on Power 105.1 FM.
"I mean, I like a whip. This is why Fifty Shades is perfect for me because I really love the book. But I like unexpected stuff. A tiny bit of [pain], not too much," Ora shared.
And wait, if those are not enough revelations, Rita Ora has also shared another fun fact as to why she stripped off Zac Efron's shirt during the 2014 MTV Movie Awards.
"Kind of like somebody in my mind spoke to me and said, 'You better go rip that shirt off!'" the 23-year-old singer and actress revealed in an interview with John Walker on MTV.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch