‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Big Reveals: Rita Ora Shares Why Working with Dakota Johnson Can Be a Little Bit Distracting and More
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 25, 2014 11:24 PM EST
There appears to have been a shower of information as "Fifty Shades of Grey" star Rita Ora continues to offer big revelations concerning her role as Mia Grey, how working with co-star Dakota Johnson felt like and more.
Singer Rita Ora arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
"Working with Dakota [Johnson] was extremely fun she's just so gorgeous so it kind of distracts you a little bit, but I mean she's a really great great . . . she's an amazing actress so I'm like learning things from her," the 23-year-old singer and actress told MTV News in an interview.
Rita Ora also revealed how she prepared for her role as Mia Grey, whom she referred to as "honestly one of the ones that loves her brother [Christian Grey] for whatever," saying she had to learn French and American accent and had to wear a brown wig on.
". . . I was being the smart girl that came from French school to see her family, so it was just a lot of dedication, it was like going back to school," the songstress told MTV in reference to her role.
Rita Ora has previously revealed how she snagged the Mia Grey role. The British songstress said that she only approached the production team of Fifty Shades in the hopes that she might be part of the soundtrack, but she got a movie role, instead. Ora is playing the role of Mia Grey, the sister of Christian Grey, played by Irish actor Jamie Dornan.
But aside from her Fifty Shades adventures, Ora also shared her personal exploits with DJ Calvin Harris, who she currently dates, to the media. According to a Daily Mail report, the British songstress admitted that like E.L. James fictional Fifty Shades of Grey characters Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan) and Anastasia Steele (Dakota Johnson), Ora and Harris are also into "some kinky bedroom antic" in real life.
Surprised? Apparently, Ora has even detailed it in an interview with "The Breakfast Club" on Power 105.1 FM.
"I mean, I like a whip. This is why Fifty Shades is perfect for me because I really love the book. But I like unexpected stuff. A tiny bit of [pain], not too much," Ora shared.
And wait, if those are not enough revelations, Rita Ora has also shared another fun fact as to why she stripped off Zac Efron's shirt during the 2014 MTV Movie Awards.
"Kind of like somebody in my mind spoke to me and said, 'You better go rip that shirt off!'" the 23-year-old singer and actress revealed in an interview with John Walker on MTV.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’