‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Big Reveals: Rita Ora Shares Why Working with Dakota Johnson Can Be a Little Bit Distracting and More
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 25, 2014 11:24 PM EST
There appears to have been a shower of information as "Fifty Shades of Grey" star Rita Ora continues to offer big revelations concerning her role as Mia Grey, how working with co-star Dakota Johnson felt like and more.
Singer Rita Ora arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
"Working with Dakota [Johnson] was extremely fun she's just so gorgeous so it kind of distracts you a little bit, but I mean she's a really great great . . . she's an amazing actress so I'm like learning things from her," the 23-year-old singer and actress told MTV News in an interview.
Rita Ora also revealed how she prepared for her role as Mia Grey, whom she referred to as "honestly one of the ones that loves her brother [Christian Grey] for whatever," saying she had to learn French and American accent and had to wear a brown wig on.
". . . I was being the smart girl that came from French school to see her family, so it was just a lot of dedication, it was like going back to school," the songstress told MTV in reference to her role.
Rita Ora has previously revealed how she snagged the Mia Grey role. The British songstress said that she only approached the production team of Fifty Shades in the hopes that she might be part of the soundtrack, but she got a movie role, instead. Ora is playing the role of Mia Grey, the sister of Christian Grey, played by Irish actor Jamie Dornan.
But aside from her Fifty Shades adventures, Ora also shared her personal exploits with DJ Calvin Harris, who she currently dates, to the media. According to a Daily Mail report, the British songstress admitted that like E.L. James fictional Fifty Shades of Grey characters Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan) and Anastasia Steele (Dakota Johnson), Ora and Harris are also into "some kinky bedroom antic" in real life.
Surprised? Apparently, Ora has even detailed it in an interview with "The Breakfast Club" on Power 105.1 FM.
"I mean, I like a whip. This is why Fifty Shades is perfect for me because I really love the book. But I like unexpected stuff. A tiny bit of [pain], not too much," Ora shared.
And wait, if those are not enough revelations, Rita Ora has also shared another fun fact as to why she stripped off Zac Efron's shirt during the 2014 MTV Movie Awards.
"Kind of like somebody in my mind spoke to me and said, 'You better go rip that shirt off!'" the 23-year-old singer and actress revealed in an interview with John Walker on MTV.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery