Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper to Reunite in 'Serena' -- A Team-up for Another Oscars?
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 25, 2014 11:22 PM EST
For the third time, Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper will again team up for "Serena" a period drama set to release September 27, 2014.
Fans who support both actors' team-up seem to have a yearly sighting of Lawrence and Cooper as they are becoming a regular screen team. Following the 2012 romantic comedy-drama film "Silver Linings Playbook" and "American Hustle" in 2013 that garnered back to back Academy Award nominations, "Serena" is now in a completed status and just awaiting release.
Jennifer Lawrence won best actress award for her role in"Silver Linings Playbook" arrives at the 85th Academy Awards in Hollywood (Reuters)
The film "Serena" is based on the novel of the same title authored by Ron Rash. It was directed by Award-winning director Susanne Bier starring Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper as the ill-fated couple Serena and George Pemberton. According to Hollywood Reporter, "Noah" director Darren Aronofsky was originally attached to direct the movie with Angelina Jolie for the title role. However, the two were not able to make it, thus the casting and directing were amended.
The movie depicts the struggle of the couple as George's (Bradley Cooper) timber business becomes complicated when he learned that Serena (Jennifer Lawrence) cannot bear him a child. The interesting part is when Serena tries to kill his illegitimate son in the verge of madness.
The shoot took place in Czech Republic from March to May 2012 just right when "Silver Linings Playbook" and "The Hunger Games" are hitting cinemas. However, what took the film too long to be released is Bier's aim for perfection. "Serena" nested for 18 months in post-production due to the lengthy "real precision edit" that saved the movie from numerous reshoots.
Since Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper's first two films directed by David O. Russell received global acclaim and several nominations in the Oscars, speculations arise that "Serena" may be also a worthy contender for an Academy Award. Jennifer Lawrence's portrayal of the character "Serena" also foster expectations of her powerful acting.
Jennifer Lawrence's looks in "Serena" is more classic than her "Rosalyn Rosenfeld's" mid 1970s and 1980s garb in the "American Hustle." The Depression-era setting gave the actress a fashion too far from her "The Girl on Fire" futuristic look in the "The Hunger Games."
With three films in a row, Lawrence and Cooper's on-screen romance proves to be effective. Whether "Serena" will be a hit is yet to be known until its release, but the film will surely bring a huge audience with Award-winning cast and production at its helm.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- ‘Top Gun 2’ Update: ‘The Jungle Book’ Writer Onboard, Tom Cruise Likely To Reprise His Role