Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper to Reunite in 'Serena' -- A Team-up for Another Oscars?
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 25, 2014 11:22 PM EST
For the third time, Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper will again team up for "Serena" a period drama set to release September 27, 2014.
Fans who support both actors' team-up seem to have a yearly sighting of Lawrence and Cooper as they are becoming a regular screen team. Following the 2012 romantic comedy-drama film "Silver Linings Playbook" and "American Hustle" in 2013 that garnered back to back Academy Award nominations, "Serena" is now in a completed status and just awaiting release.
Jennifer Lawrence won best actress award for her role in"Silver Linings Playbook" arrives at the 85th Academy Awards in Hollywood (Reuters)
The film "Serena" is based on the novel of the same title authored by Ron Rash. It was directed by Award-winning director Susanne Bier starring Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper as the ill-fated couple Serena and George Pemberton. According to Hollywood Reporter, "Noah" director Darren Aronofsky was originally attached to direct the movie with Angelina Jolie for the title role. However, the two were not able to make it, thus the casting and directing were amended.
The movie depicts the struggle of the couple as George's (Bradley Cooper) timber business becomes complicated when he learned that Serena (Jennifer Lawrence) cannot bear him a child. The interesting part is when Serena tries to kill his illegitimate son in the verge of madness.
The shoot took place in Czech Republic from March to May 2012 just right when "Silver Linings Playbook" and "The Hunger Games" are hitting cinemas. However, what took the film too long to be released is Bier's aim for perfection. "Serena" nested for 18 months in post-production due to the lengthy "real precision edit" that saved the movie from numerous reshoots.
Since Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper's first two films directed by David O. Russell received global acclaim and several nominations in the Oscars, speculations arise that "Serena" may be also a worthy contender for an Academy Award. Jennifer Lawrence's portrayal of the character "Serena" also foster expectations of her powerful acting.
Jennifer Lawrence's looks in "Serena" is more classic than her "Rosalyn Rosenfeld's" mid 1970s and 1980s garb in the "American Hustle." The Depression-era setting gave the actress a fashion too far from her "The Girl on Fire" futuristic look in the "The Hunger Games."
With three films in a row, Lawrence and Cooper's on-screen romance proves to be effective. Whether "Serena" will be a hit is yet to be known until its release, but the film will surely bring a huge audience with Award-winning cast and production at its helm.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims