Box Office Collection: ‘Revolver Rani’, ‘Kaanchi’ Register Dull Occupancy; Punjabi Film ‘Jatt James Bond’ Enjoys Excellent Opening
By Ankita Mehta | April 25, 2014 10:24 PM EST
This week's Hindi releases "Revolver Rani", "Kaanchi" and "Samrat & Co." have opened to dull responses but Punjabi film "Jatt James Bond" has registered excellent occupancy.
Jatt James Bond
"Revolver Rani", starring Kangana Ranaut, has started on a slow note with only 20 to 25 percent occupancy in the morning shows. The numbers might increase in the evening shows, if the film is backed by positive word of mouth. [Check out the reviews here]
"Revolver Rani" released in 1,500 screens in India. The film is expected to rule the single screens, compared to multiplexes.
Subhash Ghai directorial "Kaanchi" occupancy is just 10 percent in India. The film, starring Mishti and Kartik Tiwari, released in over 1,000 screens. "Kaanchi" first day box office collection will be low as the film has received negative reviews from critics. [Check out the review here]
The third new film of the week "Samrat & Co.", starring Rajeev Khandelwal, will have a dismissal box office performance as well, as the reviews are bad. Also, the film does not have the star power to pull it off at the box office.
Meanwhile, Punjabi film "Jatt James Bond" has opened to 80 to 90 percent occupancy on day one. The film features Gippy Grewal and Bollywood actress Zarine Khan in the lead roles.
At several circuits, including the PVR theatres in Chandigarh and Ludhiana, the film has opened better than "Disco Singh," according to Box Office India.
"Jatt James Bond" opening day collection will be in the same region as "Disco Singh".
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate