NBA Playoffs East First Round – Game 3: Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets Live Streaming
By James Patrick Quizon | April 25, 2014 10:12 PM EST
With the series tied at 1-1, the Brooklyn Nets feel good about stealing homecourt advantage from the Toronto Raptors in this best-of-seven affair in the first round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs.
NBA: Playoffs-Brooklyn Nets at Toronto Raptors
The Nets feel even better that the series now shifts to Brooklyn for the next two games when they have the opportunity to get the series lead at home before the series returns up North.
Brooklyn turned to veteran trio of Deron Williams, Joe Johnson and Paul Pierce in the 94-87 Game 1 victory. Williams and Johnson finished with 24 points apiece while Pierce came up big down the stretch scoring 9 of his 15 markers in the payoff period to hold off the rallying Raptors.
The Raptors did a better job in containing two of the thosee key players in their 100-95 Game 2 win. Toronto held Pierce to just 7 points on 2-of-11 shooting and Williams to miss 10-of-15 shots for only 15 points.
On offense, Toronto got another big contribution from big man Jonas Valanciunas (15 points and 14 rebounds) and finally got a huge lift from DeMar Derozan who had 30 markers. Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry had 14 points, 9 rebounds and 6 assists.
The Nets, particularly Johnson, have taken notes from what is happening around the league.
"We understand that this is not going to be easy by any means," said Johnson in the league’s official website. "You just look around throughout the playoffs, a lot of teams have been losing at home."
Higher seeds Indiana, Oklahoma, Chicago and Houston are all trailing in their respective series in this postseason so far.
For his part, DeRozan is ready for the big road battle in Brooklyn.
"We understand, you want to call the underdog, whatever you want to call it, we go in there with that mindset. We feel like everybody's against us and we're out there to go against everybody," said DeRozan also in NBA.COM. "That's our mindset, honestly, every time we step on the road."
Watch Game 3 of the Raptors-Nets match-up via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related