Box Office Collection: ‘2 States’ Enjoys Fantastic Week 1, ‘Bhoothnath Returns’ Still Running, ‘Main Tera Hero’ Completes 21 Days
By Ankita Mehta | April 25, 2014 9:46 PM EST
"2 States" has finished its first week theatrical run in India with excellent figures. Meanwhile, "Bhoothnath Returns" completed its 14-day run, and "Main Tera Hero" finished 21 days at the domestic box office.
Check out the box office collection of all three films here:
Alia Bhatt and Arjun Kapoor starrer "2 States" has crossed the ₹60 crore mark in its first week. The romantic comedy, helmed by Abhishek Varman, is all set to beat Kangana Ranaut starrer "Queen" and become the third highest grosser of 2014.
The film raked in ₹5.55 crore on its seventh day, taking its overall total to ₹60.77 crore. As expected, the film fared well due to the election holidays across the country.
Here is the week one breakup of the film: Friday ₹12.42 crore, Saturday ₹12.13 crore, Sunday ₹13.51 crore, Monday ₹6.17 crore, Tuesday ₹5.60 crore, Wednesday ₹5.39 crore and Thursday ₹5.55 crore.
"2 States" had a good opening, followed by a very strong weekend. Despite the IPL matches, the film performed well at both single screens and multiplexes.
The current pace of the film suggests it will become the third highest grosser of the year but it remains to be seen whether it will beat "Gunday" domestic figure. "Gunday", starring Ranveer Singh and Kapoor in the lead, fetched ₹78.60 crore.
Meanwhile, the film is expected to dominate the screens in its second week as well as new releases "Revolver Rani", "Kaanchi" and "Samrat & Co." have failed to make a mark.
Amitabh Bachchan and child actor Parth Bhalerao starrer horror comedy has accumulated around ₹39.54 crore after 14 days. The film was affected at the box office by the release of "2 States" but still managed to rake in ₹9.54 crore in its second week.
The film is now running in its third week but the screen count has come down drastically in India due to the new releases.
Main Tera Hero
Varun Dhawan, Ileana D'Cruz and Nargis Fakhri starrer romantic comedy "Main Tera Hero" is now out of the theaters. The film only had a three-week run in India but within 21 days, "Main Tera Hero" managed to take its overall total to ₹55 crore.
The film, directed by David Dhawan, also managed to remain at the fifth position among the highest earners of 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- American Horror Story Season 4 Freak Show to Feature Scariest Villain, Names of Season 4 Characters Revealed
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’