Box Office Collection: ‘2 States’ Enjoys Fantastic Week 1, ‘Bhoothnath Returns’ Still Running, ‘Main Tera Hero’ Completes 21 Days
By Ankita Mehta | April 25, 2014 9:46 PM EST
"2 States" has finished its first week theatrical run in India with excellent figures. Meanwhile, "Bhoothnath Returns" completed its 14-day run, and "Main Tera Hero" finished 21 days at the domestic box office.
Check out the box office collection of all three films here:
Alia Bhatt and Arjun Kapoor starrer "2 States" has crossed the ₹60 crore mark in its first week. The romantic comedy, helmed by Abhishek Varman, is all set to beat Kangana Ranaut starrer "Queen" and become the third highest grosser of 2014.
The film raked in ₹5.55 crore on its seventh day, taking its overall total to ₹60.77 crore. As expected, the film fared well due to the election holidays across the country.
Here is the week one breakup of the film: Friday ₹12.42 crore, Saturday ₹12.13 crore, Sunday ₹13.51 crore, Monday ₹6.17 crore, Tuesday ₹5.60 crore, Wednesday ₹5.39 crore and Thursday ₹5.55 crore.
"2 States" had a good opening, followed by a very strong weekend. Despite the IPL matches, the film performed well at both single screens and multiplexes.
The current pace of the film suggests it will become the third highest grosser of the year but it remains to be seen whether it will beat "Gunday" domestic figure. "Gunday", starring Ranveer Singh and Kapoor in the lead, fetched ₹78.60 crore.
Meanwhile, the film is expected to dominate the screens in its second week as well as new releases "Revolver Rani", "Kaanchi" and "Samrat & Co." have failed to make a mark.
Amitabh Bachchan and child actor Parth Bhalerao starrer horror comedy has accumulated around ₹39.54 crore after 14 days. The film was affected at the box office by the release of "2 States" but still managed to rake in ₹9.54 crore in its second week.
The film is now running in its third week but the screen count has come down drastically in India due to the new releases.
Main Tera Hero
Varun Dhawan, Ileana D'Cruz and Nargis Fakhri starrer romantic comedy "Main Tera Hero" is now out of the theaters. The film only had a three-week run in India but within 21 days, "Main Tera Hero" managed to take its overall total to ₹55 crore.
The film, directed by David Dhawan, also managed to remain at the fifth position among the highest earners of 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]