Box Office Collection: ‘2 States’ Enjoys Fantastic Week 1, ‘Bhoothnath Returns’ Still Running, ‘Main Tera Hero’ Completes 21 Days
By Ankita Mehta | April 25, 2014 9:46 PM EST
"2 States" has finished its first week theatrical run in India with excellent figures. Meanwhile, "Bhoothnath Returns" completed its 14-day run, and "Main Tera Hero" finished 21 days at the domestic box office.
Check out the box office collection of all three films here:
Alia Bhatt and Arjun Kapoor starrer "2 States" has crossed the ₹60 crore mark in its first week. The romantic comedy, helmed by Abhishek Varman, is all set to beat Kangana Ranaut starrer "Queen" and become the third highest grosser of 2014.
The film raked in ₹5.55 crore on its seventh day, taking its overall total to ₹60.77 crore. As expected, the film fared well due to the election holidays across the country.
Here is the week one breakup of the film: Friday ₹12.42 crore, Saturday ₹12.13 crore, Sunday ₹13.51 crore, Monday ₹6.17 crore, Tuesday ₹5.60 crore, Wednesday ₹5.39 crore and Thursday ₹5.55 crore.
"2 States" had a good opening, followed by a very strong weekend. Despite the IPL matches, the film performed well at both single screens and multiplexes.
The current pace of the film suggests it will become the third highest grosser of the year but it remains to be seen whether it will beat "Gunday" domestic figure. "Gunday", starring Ranveer Singh and Kapoor in the lead, fetched ₹78.60 crore.
Meanwhile, the film is expected to dominate the screens in its second week as well as new releases "Revolver Rani", "Kaanchi" and "Samrat & Co." have failed to make a mark.
Amitabh Bachchan and child actor Parth Bhalerao starrer horror comedy has accumulated around ₹39.54 crore after 14 days. The film was affected at the box office by the release of "2 States" but still managed to rake in ₹9.54 crore in its second week.
The film is now running in its third week but the screen count has come down drastically in India due to the new releases.
Main Tera Hero
Varun Dhawan, Ileana D'Cruz and Nargis Fakhri starrer romantic comedy "Main Tera Hero" is now out of the theaters. The film only had a three-week run in India but within 21 days, "Main Tera Hero" managed to take its overall total to ₹55 crore.
The film, directed by David Dhawan, also managed to remain at the fifth position among the highest earners of 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS