Box Office Collection: ‘2 States’ Enjoys Fantastic Week 1, ‘Bhoothnath Returns’ Still Running, ‘Main Tera Hero’ Completes 21 Days
By Ankita Mehta | April 25, 2014 9:46 PM EST
"2 States" has finished its first week theatrical run in India with excellent figures. Meanwhile, "Bhoothnath Returns" completed its 14-day run, and "Main Tera Hero" finished 21 days at the domestic box office.
Check out the box office collection of all three films here:
Alia Bhatt and Arjun Kapoor starrer "2 States" has crossed the ₹60 crore mark in its first week. The romantic comedy, helmed by Abhishek Varman, is all set to beat Kangana Ranaut starrer "Queen" and become the third highest grosser of 2014.
The film raked in ₹5.55 crore on its seventh day, taking its overall total to ₹60.77 crore. As expected, the film fared well due to the election holidays across the country.
Here is the week one breakup of the film: Friday ₹12.42 crore, Saturday ₹12.13 crore, Sunday ₹13.51 crore, Monday ₹6.17 crore, Tuesday ₹5.60 crore, Wednesday ₹5.39 crore and Thursday ₹5.55 crore.
"2 States" had a good opening, followed by a very strong weekend. Despite the IPL matches, the film performed well at both single screens and multiplexes.
The current pace of the film suggests it will become the third highest grosser of the year but it remains to be seen whether it will beat "Gunday" domestic figure. "Gunday", starring Ranveer Singh and Kapoor in the lead, fetched ₹78.60 crore.
Meanwhile, the film is expected to dominate the screens in its second week as well as new releases "Revolver Rani", "Kaanchi" and "Samrat & Co." have failed to make a mark.
Amitabh Bachchan and child actor Parth Bhalerao starrer horror comedy has accumulated around ₹39.54 crore after 14 days. The film was affected at the box office by the release of "2 States" but still managed to rake in ₹9.54 crore in its second week.
The film is now running in its third week but the screen count has come down drastically in India due to the new releases.
Main Tera Hero
Varun Dhawan, Ileana D'Cruz and Nargis Fakhri starrer romantic comedy "Main Tera Hero" is now out of the theaters. The film only had a three-week run in India but within 21 days, "Main Tera Hero" managed to take its overall total to ₹55 crore.
The film, directed by David Dhawan, also managed to remain at the fifth position among the highest earners of 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage