Box Office Collection: ‘2 States’ Enjoys Fantastic Week 1, ‘Bhoothnath Returns’ Still Running, ‘Main Tera Hero’ Completes 21 Days
By Ankita Mehta | April 25, 2014 9:46 PM EST
"2 States" has finished its first week theatrical run in India with excellent figures. Meanwhile, "Bhoothnath Returns" completed its 14-day run, and "Main Tera Hero" finished 21 days at the domestic box office.
Check out the box office collection of all three films here:
Alia Bhatt and Arjun Kapoor starrer "2 States" has crossed the ₹60 crore mark in its first week. The romantic comedy, helmed by Abhishek Varman, is all set to beat Kangana Ranaut starrer "Queen" and become the third highest grosser of 2014.
The film raked in ₹5.55 crore on its seventh day, taking its overall total to ₹60.77 crore. As expected, the film fared well due to the election holidays across the country.
Here is the week one breakup of the film: Friday ₹12.42 crore, Saturday ₹12.13 crore, Sunday ₹13.51 crore, Monday ₹6.17 crore, Tuesday ₹5.60 crore, Wednesday ₹5.39 crore and Thursday ₹5.55 crore.
"2 States" had a good opening, followed by a very strong weekend. Despite the IPL matches, the film performed well at both single screens and multiplexes.
The current pace of the film suggests it will become the third highest grosser of the year but it remains to be seen whether it will beat "Gunday" domestic figure. "Gunday", starring Ranveer Singh and Kapoor in the lead, fetched ₹78.60 crore.
Meanwhile, the film is expected to dominate the screens in its second week as well as new releases "Revolver Rani", "Kaanchi" and "Samrat & Co." have failed to make a mark.
Amitabh Bachchan and child actor Parth Bhalerao starrer horror comedy has accumulated around ₹39.54 crore after 14 days. The film was affected at the box office by the release of "2 States" but still managed to rake in ₹9.54 crore in its second week.
The film is now running in its third week but the screen count has come down drastically in India due to the new releases.
Main Tera Hero
Varun Dhawan, Ileana D'Cruz and Nargis Fakhri starrer romantic comedy "Main Tera Hero" is now out of the theaters. The film only had a three-week run in India but within 21 days, "Main Tera Hero" managed to take its overall total to ₹55 crore.
The film, directed by David Dhawan, also managed to remain at the fifth position among the highest earners of 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet