Barcelona Open Where to Watch Live: Rafael Nadal vs Nicolas Almagro Live Streaming Information
By Shruthi SU | April 25, 2014 8:49 PM EST
Rafael Nadal has moved closer to lifting his 44th clay court title and ninth in the Barcelona Open alone, by beating Ivan Dodig in the third round. The world no. 1 will face his Spanish compatriot Nicolas Almargo in the quarterfinals on Friday.
Nadal eased past Dodig 6-3, 6-3 after hitting 18 winners and seeing the Croatian make 23 unforced errors. The 13-time Grand Slam champion was happy to see his game lift, after a disappointing defeat in Monte Carlo a week ago. Nadal did not enjoy a happy outing in the first match in Barcelona as well, as the top-ranked player struggled his way past 103rd ranked Spaniard Albert Ramos 7-6 (2), 6-4.
Where to Watch Live
Quarterfinals matches start at 12.30 pm local time (4 pm IST). Global viewers can stream the live action HERE and HERE. In India, the live coverage will be on Ten Sports, whereas in the US and Australia, ESPN will broadcast it. To watch the action live online, click HERE.
"I think I improved everything in my game a little bit," Nadal said. "I'm happy with the way I played. I was a little bit more aggressive with more control on my shots and changing direction better than I did yesterday (against Ramos). I was able to hit a few winners with the right confidence. That's the important thing for me."
Nadal has a 683-133 career record and his win tally takes him on par with Arthur Ashe. The Mallorcan is raring to beat Boris Becker's (Novak Djokovic's coach) career record of 713 wins.
Last year, Almargo lost to Nadal in the final. This year, however, they meet two steps before the final as Almargo beat fellow Spaniard Fernando Verdasco 6-3, 6-3 in the third round.
In other matches from third round, Croatian 12th seed Marin Cilic beat Spanish fifth seed Tommy Robredo 7-5, 6-7 (3), 7-6 (5), while Colombia's Santiago Giraldo overcame Austria's Dominic Thiem 4-6, 6-4, 7-5.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown