New Fiat Punto Facelift Spy Images Roll In
By greeshma m | April 25, 2014 6:53 PM EST
Fiat's much rumoured 2014 Punto facelift has been spied testing time and again in India. Now the Punto facelift has hit the web in the form of fresh set of images, suggesting that the arrival of the car is not too far.
Fiat Punto (Photo: WikimediaCommons/RudolfStricker)
The car, which is in the testing phase in the country, has made numerous appearances on the internet through spy images and reports. Now the latest set of images has been posted by Motoroids, who snapped the car at ARAI Pune. However, the fresh shot of the car does not reveal anything new.
Mechanically, the upcoming Punto facelift is likely to retain the same engine of its current model. While the diesel version of the new Punto Facelift is expected to pack the same 1.3 liter Multijet diesel engine, which can churn out a power of 75bhp and a torque of 197Nm, the petrol model of the Punto facelift is likely to draw its power from 1.2 and 1.4 litre engine. The petrol motor can generate a power of 68bhp-96Nm and 90bhp-115Nm respectively.
The major changes in the car are likely to be the 16-inch alloys, rear parking sensor, cruise control, auto headlamps and dashboard. Rumours also suggest that the new Fait Punto facelift will wear new front grille and taillights.
Although the sighting of the Punto Facelift has become common, the company is yet to make any announcement on the launch of the vehicle in India. Nevertheless, auto lovers in the country are expecting the arrival of the car around the festival season this year. The company is also expected to launch the Abarth 500 and the Punto-based Avventura in India in the coming months and both the vehicles will be brought to India as CBU.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- New Zealand's Largest Snack Food Company Bought for NZ$700 Million
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June