New Fiat Punto Facelift Spy Images Roll In
By greeshma m | April 25, 2014 6:53 PM EST
Fiat's much rumoured 2014 Punto facelift has been spied testing time and again in India. Now the Punto facelift has hit the web in the form of fresh set of images, suggesting that the arrival of the car is not too far.
Fiat Punto (Photo: WikimediaCommons/RudolfStricker)
The car, which is in the testing phase in the country, has made numerous appearances on the internet through spy images and reports. Now the latest set of images has been posted by Motoroids, who snapped the car at ARAI Pune. However, the fresh shot of the car does not reveal anything new.
Mechanically, the upcoming Punto facelift is likely to retain the same engine of its current model. While the diesel version of the new Punto Facelift is expected to pack the same 1.3 liter Multijet diesel engine, which can churn out a power of 75bhp and a torque of 197Nm, the petrol model of the Punto facelift is likely to draw its power from 1.2 and 1.4 litre engine. The petrol motor can generate a power of 68bhp-96Nm and 90bhp-115Nm respectively.
The major changes in the car are likely to be the 16-inch alloys, rear parking sensor, cruise control, auto headlamps and dashboard. Rumours also suggest that the new Fait Punto facelift will wear new front grille and taillights.
Although the sighting of the Punto Facelift has become common, the company is yet to make any announcement on the launch of the vehicle in India. Nevertheless, auto lovers in the country are expecting the arrival of the car around the festival season this year. The company is also expected to launch the Abarth 500 and the Punto-based Avventura in India in the coming months and both the vehicles will be brought to India as CBU.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health