iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 vs HTC One M8: Specs Comparison and Buying Guide
By Precious Silva | April 25, 2014 6:30 PM EST
Apple's iPhone 6 will hit stores third quarter according to recent reports. As the release comes nearer, more specs and predictions come out. This time, iPhone 6's schematics have been leaked. The leak provides more information about the dimensions of the device including how it fairs with competitor phones like Samsung Galaxy S5 and the HTC One M8. What can people expect?
The gold colored version of the new iPhone 5S is seen after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013.
According to a report by MacRumors, the leaked schematics show that Apple is indeed planning on releasing a 4.7 and a 5.5-inch version. Likewise, the leaked schematics have also given case makers a basis for their next production. It gives case producers a good heads up on what to prepare upon release of the smartphone. The leak also gave designers an idea on how the device will look like. It has spawned many concepts about the iPhone 6.
If Apple releases the iPhone 6, it will compete with the likes of LG G2, LG G3, HTC One M8, Samsung Galaxy S5 and Motorola Moto X. A forum post on MacRumors provides a good comparison of the upcoming iPhone 6 to existing smartphones in the market. It should be a good guide for consumers waiting to see if they should buy the product or not.
iPhone 6 vs iPhone 5s and 4s
According to the render, the iPhone 6 will be longer and bigger compared to the iPhone 4s and 5s. While people may want to have a larger screen within the 5s design format, it will be impossible according to the post. The 5s measures 59, 2mm wide with a 16:9. The 4.7 model will be 58, 5mm wide.
iPhone 6 vs Moto X and LG G2 Mini
Both devices are not symmetrical. If Apple will push through with the 4.7" size then it will be larger than the LG G2 Mini and the Moto X. Both devices features on-screen buttons so the bezel is reduced.
iPhone 6 vs HTC One M8 and Samsung Galaxy S5
The HTC One M8 and Samsung Galaxy S5 are bigger compared to the 4.7-inch version. Likewise, the devices feature IP67 rating or speakers within the bezel.
Some people may not find the iPhone 6 as appealing compared to the other phones but this is the 4.7 render. The phablet edition should be a fresh move although Apple has to provide final details about it.
Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities believes the iPhone 6 can cannibalize sales of the iPad series if Apple chooses to release the big screen version.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change