iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 vs HTC One M8: Specs Comparison and Buying Guide
By Precious Silva | April 25, 2014 6:30 PM EST
Apple's iPhone 6 will hit stores third quarter according to recent reports. As the release comes nearer, more specs and predictions come out. This time, iPhone 6's schematics have been leaked. The leak provides more information about the dimensions of the device including how it fairs with competitor phones like Samsung Galaxy S5 and the HTC One M8. What can people expect?
The gold colored version of the new iPhone 5S is seen after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013.
According to a report by MacRumors, the leaked schematics show that Apple is indeed planning on releasing a 4.7 and a 5.5-inch version. Likewise, the leaked schematics have also given case makers a basis for their next production. It gives case producers a good heads up on what to prepare upon release of the smartphone. The leak also gave designers an idea on how the device will look like. It has spawned many concepts about the iPhone 6.
If Apple releases the iPhone 6, it will compete with the likes of LG G2, LG G3, HTC One M8, Samsung Galaxy S5 and Motorola Moto X. A forum post on MacRumors provides a good comparison of the upcoming iPhone 6 to existing smartphones in the market. It should be a good guide for consumers waiting to see if they should buy the product or not.
iPhone 6 vs iPhone 5s and 4s
According to the render, the iPhone 6 will be longer and bigger compared to the iPhone 4s and 5s. While people may want to have a larger screen within the 5s design format, it will be impossible according to the post. The 5s measures 59, 2mm wide with a 16:9. The 4.7 model will be 58, 5mm wide.
iPhone 6 vs Moto X and LG G2 Mini
Both devices are not symmetrical. If Apple will push through with the 4.7" size then it will be larger than the LG G2 Mini and the Moto X. Both devices features on-screen buttons so the bezel is reduced.
iPhone 6 vs HTC One M8 and Samsung Galaxy S5
The HTC One M8 and Samsung Galaxy S5 are bigger compared to the 4.7-inch version. Likewise, the devices feature IP67 rating or speakers within the bezel.
Some people may not find the iPhone 6 as appealing compared to the other phones but this is the 4.7 render. The phablet edition should be a fresh move although Apple has to provide final details about it.
Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities believes the iPhone 6 can cannibalize sales of the iPad series if Apple chooses to release the big screen version.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists