‘The Vampire Diaries’ Season 5 Episode 19 Spoilers: Enzo Dies and Ian Somerhalder Wants to Quit?
By Keerthi Mohan | April 25, 2014 6:14 PM EST
Thursday’s episode of “The Vampire Diaries” saw the death of a fan favorite character, which has a ripple effect on the lives of both Stefan and Damon.
Enzo dies after Stefan rips off his heart following an altercation, where Enzo accuses Stefan of killing his true love, Maggie. But it turns out it wasn’t Stefan who killed Maggie, but Damon, who was running around without his humanity on the night of John F. Kennedy's election in 1960.
The Vampire Diaries
Maggie in turn was trying to kill Damon, whom she believed was responsible for Enzo allegedly dying in the Augustine fire. But her plan fails and Damon kills her in what is described as one of the most gruesome death scenes on the series.
Meanwhile, Enzo returns as a ghost to seek revenge, and executive producer of “The Vampire Diaries”, Caroline Dries, believes that Enzo can do a lot of harm now that he is from the Other Side.
“He's determined to make Damon's life and Stefan's life a living hell. We realize why and how he's able to do that, and it's because of what's happening on the Other Side that is giving him more liberties than some of the other ghosts have had," Dries told The Hollywood Reporter.
It appears that Ian Somerhalder, who essays the role of Damon, was not happy with Enzo’s death and even threatened to walk out on the show if the character was written off.
“Ian pulled me aside one day and he goes, 'If you kill Enzo, I'm going to quit,'" recalled Dries. "We purposefully had him show up at the end as a ghost to imply that his story isn't over. He is going to become a ghost villain moving forward. We'll see him all the way through to the finale as the bad guy."
Enzo manages to create a wedge between the Salvatore brothers after Stefan and Elena decide to keep Enzo’s death from Damon. This irks Damon and he tries to find out the secret in next week’s episode entitled “Cabin in the Woods.”
Check out the official synopsis of the episode below.
When Tyler (Michael Trevino) turns up at the Salvatore house with the news that Markos’ (guest star Raffi Barsoumian) plan to break the witches’ curse puts Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) in imminent danger, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) suggests they hide out in the remote cabin once owned by Caroline’s (Candice Accola) father. Once there, it becomes obvious to Caroline that Stefan and Elena are keeping a secret, so Damon (Ian Somerhalder) comes up with a parlor game designed to expose the truth. A ghostly presence at the cabin uses violence and fire to make itself known.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon