Novak Djokovic and Girlfriend Jelena Ristic Expecting their First Child [PHOTOS]
By Shruthi SU | April 25, 2014 4:31 PM EST
World No. 2 Novak Djokovic announced that he and longtime girlfriend Jelena Ristic are expecting their first child.
On Thursday, on his official Facebook page he wrote:
My dear friends,
You've been with me through many tough and good times in my career. I've been blessed to travel the world, play the most beautiful sport that brings me a lot of excitement and joy; I am happy, loved and healthy. Jelena and I are truly blessed to soon become parents! My love is pregnant!
The couple have been dating since 2005 and got engaged in September 2013. In February this year, 26-year-old Djokovic had said that the two would be married soon, but there were no developments seen after.
Jelena runs his humanitarian aid organization and is right now touring Greece with her celeb fiancé, who is currently on short break between tournaments. Djokovic is also nursing the right wrist injury he suffered during the Monte Carlo Masters he last played.
"Greetings from Greece! I'm resting my hand, as doctor suggested, and enjoying beautiful Athens with my love," he posted on his Facebook page on 23 April.
The Serb should be ready for the rest of the clay-court season that starts with the Madrid Masters on 4 May. The only Grand Slam missing from his collection is the French Open title, where he has been a finalist in 2012 and semifinalist in 2013 - losing both times to eight-time champ Rafael Nadal.
The French Open starts on 25 May while the ATP 1000 Masters in Rome is scheduled for 11 May. With so little gap between tournaments, Djokovic is hoping for a complete recovery via the two-week break now.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight