Honda Activa 125 Price Revealed; Launch on 28 April
By greeshma m | April 25, 2014 4:22 PM EST
Honda 's much awaited scooter Activa 125 is all set to hit Indian roads on 28 April.
Activa 125, the latest offering of Honda in the Activa line up has been the talk of the town since its first appearance at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014.The two wheeler enthusiasts in the country have waited enough to hear about the launch of the Activa 125 in the domestic market and now the latest report suggests that the scooter will finally reach showrooms on 28 April.
A report by Motoroids claims that the Honda has started sending invite for the Activa 125 launch and the event will also mark the inauguration of the sales of the scooter. Earlier in this week, Honda revealed the prices of its upcoming Activa 125.
Activa 125 will be made available in two variants - Standard (with drum brakes) and Deluxe (Disc brakes & alloys). While the Standard version is priced at 52,447, the Deluxe comes at a price point of 58,156 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The latest Activa pack a 125cc, single cylinder, four-stroke engine under the hood ,which can churn out a power of 8.6bhp at 6500 rpm and a peak torque of 10.12 Nm at 5500 rpm .The scooter, a strong rival of Piaggio's Vespa, Suzuki's Access and Swish and Mahindra's Duro and Rodeo in India comes mated to a V-Matic CVT transmission and comes with telescopic fork suspension at the front and hydraulic type at the rear.
It measures 1,814 mm in length, 704 mm in width, 1,151 mm in height and has a wheelbase of 1,260 mm. Promising a fuel efficiency of 60-65 kmpl, the Activa 125 is the first Honda scooter in the 125cc segment to come with Honda Efficiency Technology (HET). The scooter will be offered in four colour variants in the sub-continent market- midnight blue, black, pearl white and sword silver - and comes with features like optional disc brake, tubeless tires, digital meter and metal body.
Technical Specifications of Honda Activa 125
Engine Type: 4 Stroke, Air Cooled, SI Engine
Max Power: 6.38 Kw (8.6 Bhp)@6500 rpm
Max Torque: 10.12 Nm@5500 rpm
Wheel Base: 1260mm
Seat Height: 765mm
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon