NBA Playoffs Preview: Game 3 – Los Angeles Clippers vs. Golden State Warriors Live Streaming
By James Patrick Quizon | April 25, 2014 11:06 AM EST
The Golden State Warriors stole Game 1 but the promptly lost the following game via a massive blowout.
Marc Jackson’s crew are fine with settling for the 1-1 series while the Los Angeles Clippers look to build on the confidence-building victory as the series continues for Game 3 on Thursday at the expectedly-roaring Oracle Arena in Oakland, California.
NBA: Playoffs-Golden State Warriors at Los Angeles Clippers
The Warriors head coach admitted that the crowd can only do so much and that his players need to play their game for Golden State to take the lead in this best-of-seven affair.
"It's going to be a great environment," Jackson said via NBA.COM. "But with that being said, they won't get a stop, they won't get a score, they won't make a free throw. We've got to do our part."
The roughly 20,000 fans at the Warriors’ home floor are expected to boo and jeer Clippers star Blake Griffin, who destroyed their team for 35 points in the previous game when L.A. won, 138-98. The athletic forward also spilled a cup of water on a Warriors fan at courtside after fouling out in the opening game and the Golden State faithful are more than excited to get into the head of Griffin once again.
Griffin wasn’t alone in the 40-point destruction of the Warriors getting lots of help from everywhere. Chris Paul had 12 points, 10 assists and 5 steals while DeAndre Jordan had 11 points, 9 boards and 5 blocked shots.
The Clippers also got 57 bench points with Danny Granger (15), Hedo Turkoglu (13) and Darren Collison (12 points and 10 assists) all getting double-digits scores.
The Warriors would like to duplicate the Game 1 109-105 victory where they held the Clips to just 42.4 per cent shooting from the field (36/85 FG).
Despite 6-of-16 shooting for just 14 points from star Stephen Curry in that game, the Warriors survived with other players sharing the scoring load. David Lee had 20 points and 13 rebounds while Klay Thompson hit four 3-pointers to finish with 22 points.
Which team will take Game 3 and grab the series lead?
Watch the Clippers-Warriors via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues