NBA Playoffs Preview: Game 3 – Los Angeles Clippers vs. Golden State Warriors Live Streaming
By James Patrick Quizon | April 25, 2014 11:06 AM EST
The Golden State Warriors stole Game 1 but the promptly lost the following game via a massive blowout.
Marc Jackson’s crew are fine with settling for the 1-1 series while the Los Angeles Clippers look to build on the confidence-building victory as the series continues for Game 3 on Thursday at the expectedly-roaring Oracle Arena in Oakland, California.
NBA: Playoffs-Golden State Warriors at Los Angeles Clippers
The Warriors head coach admitted that the crowd can only do so much and that his players need to play their game for Golden State to take the lead in this best-of-seven affair.
"It's going to be a great environment," Jackson said via NBA.COM. "But with that being said, they won't get a stop, they won't get a score, they won't make a free throw. We've got to do our part."
The roughly 20,000 fans at the Warriors’ home floor are expected to boo and jeer Clippers star Blake Griffin, who destroyed their team for 35 points in the previous game when L.A. won, 138-98. The athletic forward also spilled a cup of water on a Warriors fan at courtside after fouling out in the opening game and the Golden State faithful are more than excited to get into the head of Griffin once again.
Griffin wasn’t alone in the 40-point destruction of the Warriors getting lots of help from everywhere. Chris Paul had 12 points, 10 assists and 5 steals while DeAndre Jordan had 11 points, 9 boards and 5 blocked shots.
The Clippers also got 57 bench points with Danny Granger (15), Hedo Turkoglu (13) and Darren Collison (12 points and 10 assists) all getting double-digits scores.
The Warriors would like to duplicate the Game 1 109-105 victory where they held the Clips to just 42.4 per cent shooting from the field (36/85 FG).
Despite 6-of-16 shooting for just 14 points from star Stephen Curry in that game, the Warriors survived with other players sharing the scoring load. David Lee had 20 points and 13 rebounds while Klay Thompson hit four 3-pointers to finish with 22 points.
Which team will take Game 3 and grab the series lead?
Watch the Clippers-Warriors via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales