Watch Chris Lynn's Stunning Catch: RCB vs KKR Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 25, 2014 4:37 AM EST
With the game going in the favour of the Royal Challengers Bangalore, the Kolkata Knight Riders desperately needed something dramatic, a moment of magic. In stepped Chris Lynn, who held onto an unbelievable catch to dismiss the dangerous AB De Villiers in the final over and help KKR pull off a how-did-that-happen two-run victory in their IPL 2014 game in Sharjah.
RCB were cruising to a comfortable win, chasing down a not-too-formidable target of 151, before some unbelievable death bowling, Virat Kohli's late wicket, and that outstanding catch from Lynn turned the match in KKR's favour in dramatic fashion.
"It was an incredible win," said KKR skipper Gautam Gambhir, who fell for a third straight duck. "We deserved some luck too as we have had a number of these last-ball finishes in the IPL.
"We were 10 runs short but we always felt we were in the game. We felt we could pull things back as once the ball got a little old, it was difficult to find the boundary. So we had it in mind that once the ball got that old, we had a chance.
"We were scratchy with the bat, and with the ball, so we need to improve on those areas. The catch was unbelievable and Chris deserves all the awards."
Kohli will be still wondering just how RCB let this game slip out of their grasp as the Bangalore franchise suffered their first defeat of IPL 2014 in stunning fashion.
"We lost that game rather than KKR winning it, to be honest," Kohli said. "With all the wickets in hand we would usually over the line nine times out of 10, but credit to their bowlers, who bowled really well in the death overs.
"We played some really good cricket today, but we were not good enough at the death. However, we can take a lot of positives from this game going forward."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics Schedule & Results
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga