Watch Chris Lynn's Stunning Catch: RCB vs KKR Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 25, 2014 4:37 AM EST
With the game going in the favour of the Royal Challengers Bangalore, the Kolkata Knight Riders desperately needed something dramatic, a moment of magic. In stepped Chris Lynn, who held onto an unbelievable catch to dismiss the dangerous AB De Villiers in the final over and help KKR pull off a how-did-that-happen two-run victory in their IPL 2014 game in Sharjah.
RCB were cruising to a comfortable win, chasing down a not-too-formidable target of 151, before some unbelievable death bowling, Virat Kohli's late wicket, and that outstanding catch from Lynn turned the match in KKR's favour in dramatic fashion.
"It was an incredible win," said KKR skipper Gautam Gambhir, who fell for a third straight duck. "We deserved some luck too as we have had a number of these last-ball finishes in the IPL.
"We were 10 runs short but we always felt we were in the game. We felt we could pull things back as once the ball got a little old, it was difficult to find the boundary. So we had it in mind that once the ball got that old, we had a chance.
"We were scratchy with the bat, and with the ball, so we need to improve on those areas. The catch was unbelievable and Chris deserves all the awards."
Kohli will be still wondering just how RCB let this game slip out of their grasp as the Bangalore franchise suffered their first defeat of IPL 2014 in stunning fashion.
"We lost that game rather than KKR winning it, to be honest," Kohli said. "With all the wickets in hand we would usually over the line nine times out of 10, but credit to their bowlers, who bowled really well in the death overs.
"We played some really good cricket today, but we were not good enough at the death. However, we can take a lot of positives from this game going forward."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around