Watch Chris Lynn's Stunning Catch: RCB vs KKR Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 25, 2014 4:37 AM EST
With the game going in the favour of the Royal Challengers Bangalore, the Kolkata Knight Riders desperately needed something dramatic, a moment of magic. In stepped Chris Lynn, who held onto an unbelievable catch to dismiss the dangerous AB De Villiers in the final over and help KKR pull off a how-did-that-happen two-run victory in their IPL 2014 game in Sharjah.
RCB were cruising to a comfortable win, chasing down a not-too-formidable target of 151, before some unbelievable death bowling, Virat Kohli's late wicket, and that outstanding catch from Lynn turned the match in KKR's favour in dramatic fashion.
"It was an incredible win," said KKR skipper Gautam Gambhir, who fell for a third straight duck. "We deserved some luck too as we have had a number of these last-ball finishes in the IPL.
"We were 10 runs short but we always felt we were in the game. We felt we could pull things back as once the ball got a little old, it was difficult to find the boundary. So we had it in mind that once the ball got that old, we had a chance.
"We were scratchy with the bat, and with the ball, so we need to improve on those areas. The catch was unbelievable and Chris deserves all the awards."
Kohli will be still wondering just how RCB let this game slip out of their grasp as the Bangalore franchise suffered their first defeat of IPL 2014 in stunning fashion.
"We lost that game rather than KKR winning it, to be honest," Kohli said. "With all the wickets in hand we would usually over the line nine times out of 10, but credit to their bowlers, who bowled really well in the death overs.
"We played some really good cricket today, but we were not good enough at the death. However, we can take a lot of positives from this game going forward."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers