Chelsea FC Transfer News: PSG Keen on Signing Blues Defender
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 25, 2014 4:36 AM EST
French giants Paris Saint-Germain are believed to be keen on signing Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic in the upcoming window.
French club Paris Saint-Germain are keen on signing Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic
While Blues boss Jose Mourinho has not declared the Serbia international up for grabs, PSG can easily flex their financial muscle to lure the "special one" to let go of one of his regular starters.
The Portuguese mentor has pledged to revamp his squad this summer, but it can be easily observed that what he needs is a world-class striker that could take care of the scoring cudgels.
The 30-year-old started in all of his 33 and 10 appearances in the Premier League and Champions League, respectively, thus far, and has contributed three goals that either led to a crucial draw or a win for the west London side.
However, an offer in the region of Ivanovic's suggested price-tag of £17million might prove too much to resist because his age will definitely cause a great dip in value in the next year or so, while Mourinho plans for the long haul as he wants to emulate what Sir Alex Ferguson did at Manchester United.
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage