Chelsea FC Transfer News: PSG Keen on Signing Blues Defender
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 25, 2014 4:36 AM EST
French giants Paris Saint-Germain are believed to be keen on signing Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic in the upcoming window.
French club Paris Saint-Germain are keen on signing Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic
While Blues boss Jose Mourinho has not declared the Serbia international up for grabs, PSG can easily flex their financial muscle to lure the "special one" to let go of one of his regular starters.
The Portuguese mentor has pledged to revamp his squad this summer, but it can be easily observed that what he needs is a world-class striker that could take care of the scoring cudgels.
The 30-year-old started in all of his 33 and 10 appearances in the Premier League and Champions League, respectively, thus far, and has contributed three goals that either led to a crucial draw or a win for the west London side.
However, an offer in the region of Ivanovic's suggested price-tag of £17million might prove too much to resist because his age will definitely cause a great dip in value in the next year or so, while Mourinho plans for the long haul as he wants to emulate what Sir Alex Ferguson did at Manchester United.
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho