Chelsea FC Transfer News: PSG Keen on Signing Blues Defender
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 25, 2014 4:36 AM EST
French giants Paris Saint-Germain are believed to be keen on signing Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic in the upcoming window.
French club Paris Saint-Germain are keen on signing Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic
While Blues boss Jose Mourinho has not declared the Serbia international up for grabs, PSG can easily flex their financial muscle to lure the "special one" to let go of one of his regular starters.
The Portuguese mentor has pledged to revamp his squad this summer, but it can be easily observed that what he needs is a world-class striker that could take care of the scoring cudgels.
The 30-year-old started in all of his 33 and 10 appearances in the Premier League and Champions League, respectively, thus far, and has contributed three goals that either led to a crucial draw or a win for the west London side.
However, an offer in the region of Ivanovic's suggested price-tag of £17million might prove too much to resist because his age will definitely cause a great dip in value in the next year or so, while Mourinho plans for the long haul as he wants to emulate what Sir Alex Ferguson did at Manchester United.
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’