Arsenal FC Transfer News: Southampton Youngster Tipped to Replace Outgoing Veteran Defender
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 25, 2014 3:31 AM EST
Southampton defender Calum Chambers is tipped to replace outgoing Arsenal right-back Bacary Sagna in the upcoming transfer window.
Southampton defender Calum Chambers is tipped to replace outgoing Arsenal right-back Bacary Sagna
The England Under-19 regular, who came through the youth ranks at St. Mary's, is making some noise in the Premier League this season, as he managed to gain the trust of Saints boss Mauricio Pochettino, getting the starting nod 18 times of his 21 appearances.
He also fits Arsene Wenger's attacking philosophy because he is comfortable joining the offence upfront, while versatile enough to also play as a winger.
Sagna, who is believed to definitely leave the Emirates after this term, has yet to sign an extension with the Gunners, with his contract set to expire in June.
The £2million-rated Chambers could be the next big thing as the Saints Academy is known to produce top-class full-backs like Wayne Bridge, Gareth Bale, and his contemporary, Luke Shaw.
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- For Mayweather, The Prize Comes First, Not The Fans
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Signs Using Odom’s Surname; Source Reveals Khloe Still ‘Proud’ Of Being Called Mrs. Odom