Anushka Sharma-Sidharth Malhotra to Team up for 'Priceless' Remake: Report
By Arijita Bhowmik | April 25, 2014 3:30 AM EST
Bollywood might witness a fresh, young pairing soon as reports of Anushka Sharma and Sidharth Malhotra being cast together are on the rise.
Sidharth Malhotra unveils Men's Health magazine cover
The actors are reportedly in consideration for the Hindi adaptation of French flick "Priceless" (2006). The film, titled "Hors de Prix" in French, was directed by Pierre Salvadori, and featured Audrey Tautou and Gad Elmaleh as the leads.
Both Sharma and Malhotra have apparently have given the nod to the project but are yet to sign the required papers, reported Hindustan Times.
The bollywood remake of the French film will be directed by Tarun Mansukhani of "Dostana" fame and will have Karan Johar as co-producer. The film will also be backed by Siddharth Roy Kapur, managing director of the Walt Disney Company India.
"They (makers) want to go ahead with Sidharth and Anushka now as they feel their pairing will give the film a fresh and young vibe. Although they both have agreed to do the film in principle, they are yet to sign any papers," the daily quoted an insider.
Initial reports had claimed that Alia Bhatt was being considered for the role. But since the actress had already featured with Malhotra in "Student of the Year" (2012), the makers went with Sharma, making way for a new jodi.
Reports of the "Priceless" remake started to surface earlier this year, after Malhotra impressed critics and viewers, with his second film "Hasee Toh Phasee".
Meanwhile, the actor has also been zeroed in by talented director Vikramaditya Motwane for his next project "Bhavesh Joshi". The film's male lead was earlier set to be played by Imran Khan but the actor opted out, owing to his wife Avantika's pregnancy.
Motwane is said to have been impressed after watching Malhotra in the "Ek Villain" teaser and approached the actor for his next.
"Vikram really appreciated whatever he saw of Sidharth's work in the teaser (Ek Villain). He's confident that he will do justice to their film," confirmed the actor's spokesperson to Koimoi.
Malhotra, who is on a brief break to New York, is expected to start working on "Bhavesh Joshi" soon after his return.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown