Lorde and Flume’s ‘Tennis Court’ Remix A Hit [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | April 25, 2014 1:41 AM EST
They said that it’s possible, and now it’s here! The highly awaited Flume and Lorde collaboration has been released, and fans of the Australian DJ and Kiwi songstress responded favourably.
New Zealand singer-songwriter Lorde performs at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California April 12, 2014.
In October, it was reported that the Aria Music Awards winner reached out to the 17-year-old then-rising star to create a project together. Lorde then replied with a cryptic Twitter post, “bangerzzz,” which probably meant “sure” in teenage lingo.
And collaborate they did. The young artists have created what the Internet is calling one of the best remixes today.
The 22-year-old Flume, whose real name is Harley Edward Streten, remixed “Tennis Court,” Ella Yelich-O’Connor’s second single.
— Flume (@flumemusic) April 23, 2014
The result is an Australasian music gold. Reactions on social media to the collaboration are overwhelmingly positive, with some calling simply stunning.
Listen to it here:
Watch the original:
Meanwhile, Lorde postponed her Australian tour due to a “nasty chest infection.” She was scheduled to kick off her shows in Melbourne on Wednesday, April 24, but had to call them off on Monday.
She posted a series of tweets explaining why she had to reschedule her tour.
“i am so gutted to have to do this but my parents and my team stepped in telling me i needed a break after being non-stop since the grammys in january. We will 100% be back for this tour (most likely in november)so don’t worry about that. i just need time to get back to full gollum girl fitness before i go out playing shows again,” she wrote.
“i’m truly sorry if i let you down or if you feel inconvenienced by this and i hope you can understand.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date