Minecraft: 1.8 Update’s New Terrain Generator Explained; Xbox 360 Edition Candy Texture Pack Released [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | April 25, 2014 1:38 AM EST
Mojang, the developers of sandbox video game Minecraft, have revealed the working of a new feature - terrain generator - in the upcoming 1.8 update for Minecraft, via a new video.
This new feature will include 16 different sliders that will be handy to create the environment of their choice. The new feature will enable players to increase or decrease Main Noise, Depth Base, Height, Biome Depth Weight, Biome Scale Weight, Lower Limit Scale, Upper Limit Scale and many more. Using the sliders, players will be able to change the variable numbers or the option of inputting the numbers directly is also given.
Minecraft bringing terrain generator in 1.8 Update.
Batman: Arkham Origins Cold, Cold Heart Trailer Mr.Freeze and Batman Facing-off, Batman gets New Suit [VIDEO]
In addition to this, they will also be able to add or disable Sea Level, Mineshafts, Ravines, Caves, Water Lake, Lava Lake, Temples, Villages and others. Players will also be able to share the customized environment, while the game suggests some preset environments which have already been created and shared by other players.
These features will allow players to create a world giving them absolute freedom in the process, thus keeping up to its reputation as a creative open-world 3D building block game.
The video below will shows a humongous mountain, submerged land and floating islands; the latter is reportedly making a comeback to the game.
Though there has been no official announcement on the release date of the 1.8 update, it is expected as per Jens Bergensten, developer at Mojang's tweet, in May.
(YouTube Courtesy: TeamMojang)
Xbox 360 Edition Gets Candy Texture Pack
Mojang has released Candy Texture Pack for Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition. This comes following its Skyrim Texture Pack. Players will be able to fill in with Ice-cream trees, gingerbread golems, soda seas, chocolate eggs, chocolate cake stone, chocolate bunnies and others that can be identified in Candy Crush.
The Candy Texture Pack costs $1 and is currently available for download.
PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita Edition to Release in Q2-Q3 2014
Mojang has revealed that its upcoming Minecraft PlayStation 4 Edition and PlayStation Vita Edition will be released around Q2-Q3 2014.
"Yes - we are planning to release on PS4 and Vita at around Q2-Q3 this year. We're not able to share more specific dates yet though, sorry. We'd rather be vague than disappoint people! They probably won't be released simultaneously. We're going to release on each format as soon as it's ready," said Owen Hill, chief word office at Mojang, Polygon reported.
Though he confirmed that players will be able to transfer data from PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4, the company is still working on compatibility of saving date from PlayStation 3 to PlayStation Vita.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports