Watch Dogs: Ubisoft Explains Features of Multiplayer in New Video [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | April 25, 2014 1:18 AM EST
Watch Dogs, Ubisoft Montreal's upcoming open-world game, received a new footage that explains the multiplayer features in the game. The video is narrated by animation director Colin Graham.
Graham explains that online features and single player features have been "blended seamlessly" in Watch Dogs. Connection with other players can be via online hacking, a mobile companion app, ctOS Mobile and competitive decryption combat. With the exploration of the gaming world, players will be able to accept various contracts, and thus get into the game with others.
Watch Dogs Official Website
Watch Dogs will release on 22 Nov.
One of the details that was revealed was that each player will look like Aiden Pearce in their game. Players will be able to get some notoriety points after partially or fully succeeding in their hacking, or even escaping from other players after they realised they have been hacked.
In the ctOS Mobile app, when players accept game challenges from others, where you enter a race with another player having everything at his disposal, he can hack into everything to throw up obstacles on your path. However, players will also be able to anticipate the hacks and have to reach the checkpoints on time. Players will have to dodge all hacks thrown at them.
In competitive decryption combat, a player will be teaming up with friends to steal a particular object (like a file) and there will also be other teams that will be competing. Players will have to hack their way, flanking other teams. Once one team gets the file, make sure that you can lay a trap for the other teams that might come.
Teams can also make a quick exit from the place with vehicles, however, they will be followed. Players can employ a different strategy, break away on different cars but keep close so not to interrupt the encryption process. Once you manage to complete the encryption, you win.
A few screens were also reportedly showing characters and details of the in-game environment, Gamepur reported. The screens show day and night time shots of the fictional Chicago city, water effects and other aspects of the game.
Watch Dogs is scheduled for release on 27 May for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Wii U version will be released later.
(YouTube Courtesy: Watch Dogs) Ed: VP
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet