Watch Dogs: Ubisoft Explains Features of Multiplayer in New Video [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | April 25, 2014 1:18 AM EST
Watch Dogs, Ubisoft Montreal's upcoming open-world game, received a new footage that explains the multiplayer features in the game. The video is narrated by animation director Colin Graham.
Graham explains that online features and single player features have been "blended seamlessly" in Watch Dogs. Connection with other players can be via online hacking, a mobile companion app, ctOS Mobile and competitive decryption combat. With the exploration of the gaming world, players will be able to accept various contracts, and thus get into the game with others.
Watch Dogs Official Website
Watch Dogs will release on 22 Nov.
One of the details that was revealed was that each player will look like Aiden Pearce in their game. Players will be able to get some notoriety points after partially or fully succeeding in their hacking, or even escaping from other players after they realised they have been hacked.
In the ctOS Mobile app, when players accept game challenges from others, where you enter a race with another player having everything at his disposal, he can hack into everything to throw up obstacles on your path. However, players will also be able to anticipate the hacks and have to reach the checkpoints on time. Players will have to dodge all hacks thrown at them.
In competitive decryption combat, a player will be teaming up with friends to steal a particular object (like a file) and there will also be other teams that will be competing. Players will have to hack their way, flanking other teams. Once one team gets the file, make sure that you can lay a trap for the other teams that might come.
Teams can also make a quick exit from the place with vehicles, however, they will be followed. Players can employ a different strategy, break away on different cars but keep close so not to interrupt the encryption process. Once you manage to complete the encryption, you win.
A few screens were also reportedly showing characters and details of the in-game environment, Gamepur reported. The screens show day and night time shots of the fictional Chicago city, water effects and other aspects of the game.
Watch Dogs is scheduled for release on 27 May for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Wii U version will be released later.
(YouTube Courtesy: Watch Dogs) Ed: VP
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones