Chelsea FC Transfer News: Porto Striker Might Move to the Bridge in a Player-Plus-Cash Deal
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 25, 2014 1:12 AM EST
FC Porto striker Jackson Martinez might be moving to Stamford Bridge in a player-plus-cash deal that may involve either of Chelsea forwards Demba Ba or Fernando Torres.
Porto striker Jackson Martinez is involved in a rumour that could send him to Chelsea in exchange for Fernando Torres or Demba Ba plus monetary considerations
The Colombia international has found the back of the net 28 times in all competitions for the Dragons, so far, this season, and could be looking to ply his trade on a bigger stage.
He has Champions League experience under his belt and has proven that he can take up the cudgels in the offensive aspect of the game since moving to Portugal in 2012.
Blues boss Jose Mourinho has, time and again, reiterated the fact that his squad needs a target man who can score, day in and day out, and may consider the 27-year-old as a decent reserve to a world-class hitman that he will bring in this summer.
The ageing Samuel Eto'o is well on his way out after delighting the supporters in his current stint, while Torres, whose contract will run out in 2016, might opt to move back to his boyhood club, Atletico Madrid, should he not be involved in any other transaction.
Martinez is suggested to be worth £25million, and Mourinho will maximize his resources, which include surplus players in his squad, in acquiring prospects as the FIFA financial fair play rules seem to be catching up with the west London outfit.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News: Pacquiao And Mayweather Might Meet 'In The First Six Months Of Next Year' - Bob Arum
- Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Considers Ditching Jessica Sanchez To Sing Philippine National Anthem In Favour Of Born-Again Pastors; Stallone & Schwarzenegger to Watch Bout
- Michael Phelps' Lover Reveals She Was Born Intersex In Lengthy Facebook Post
- Dallas Mavericks Owner Mark Cuban Wants The Los Angeles Lakers To ‘Suck Forever’
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Exit For Messi Is Possible - Tata Martino
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Xiaomi to Kill Redmi 1S for More Redmi Notes
- New Zealand Dairy Industry Feels Bullish At Chinese President's Visit