Chelsea FC Transfer News: Porto Striker Might Move to the Bridge in a Player-Plus-Cash Deal
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 25, 2014 1:12 AM EST
FC Porto striker Jackson Martinez might be moving to Stamford Bridge in a player-plus-cash deal that may involve either of Chelsea forwards Demba Ba or Fernando Torres.
Porto striker Jackson Martinez is involved in a rumour that could send him to Chelsea in exchange for Fernando Torres or Demba Ba plus monetary considerations
The Colombia international has found the back of the net 28 times in all competitions for the Dragons, so far, this season, and could be looking to ply his trade on a bigger stage.
He has Champions League experience under his belt and has proven that he can take up the cudgels in the offensive aspect of the game since moving to Portugal in 2012.
Blues boss Jose Mourinho has, time and again, reiterated the fact that his squad needs a target man who can score, day in and day out, and may consider the 27-year-old as a decent reserve to a world-class hitman that he will bring in this summer.
The ageing Samuel Eto'o is well on his way out after delighting the supporters in his current stint, while Torres, whose contract will run out in 2016, might opt to move back to his boyhood club, Atletico Madrid, should he not be involved in any other transaction.
Martinez is suggested to be worth £25million, and Mourinho will maximize his resources, which include surplus players in his squad, in acquiring prospects as the FIFA financial fair play rules seem to be catching up with the west London outfit.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown