Chelsea FC Transfer News: Porto Striker Might Move to the Bridge in a Player-Plus-Cash Deal
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 25, 2014 1:12 AM EST
FC Porto striker Jackson Martinez might be moving to Stamford Bridge in a player-plus-cash deal that may involve either of Chelsea forwards Demba Ba or Fernando Torres.
Porto striker Jackson Martinez is involved in a rumour that could send him to Chelsea in exchange for Fernando Torres or Demba Ba plus monetary considerations
The Colombia international has found the back of the net 28 times in all competitions for the Dragons, so far, this season, and could be looking to ply his trade on a bigger stage.
He has Champions League experience under his belt and has proven that he can take up the cudgels in the offensive aspect of the game since moving to Portugal in 2012.
Blues boss Jose Mourinho has, time and again, reiterated the fact that his squad needs a target man who can score, day in and day out, and may consider the 27-year-old as a decent reserve to a world-class hitman that he will bring in this summer.
The ageing Samuel Eto'o is well on his way out after delighting the supporters in his current stint, while Torres, whose contract will run out in 2016, might opt to move back to his boyhood club, Atletico Madrid, should he not be involved in any other transaction.
Martinez is suggested to be worth £25million, and Mourinho will maximize his resources, which include surplus players in his squad, in acquiring prospects as the FIFA financial fair play rules seem to be catching up with the west London outfit.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- WWE SummerSlam: Orton Vs Reigns Match Unexciting, Reigns 'Awful Wrestler No Charisma'
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers