Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date: Patent Hints at Drastic Changes in Design
By Raymond Ronamai | April 25, 2014 12:52 AM EST
Samsung Electronics has not announced the release date of its upcoming device Galaxy Note 4 yet but speculations have been doing the rounds, ever since Galaxy S5 was released. Now, a patent filed by the South Korean electronics giant for a device, possibly the much-hyped phablet, has hinted at drastic changes in the design.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
The patent application by Samsung has shown a concept for a smartphone with rounded edges on the side, that does not look like any of the earlier devices, said a report by GSMarena. In fact, the patent has sparked off speculations if it is that of the upcoming Galaxy Note 4.
South Korean media had earlier reported that Galaxy Note 4 would be three-sided and would pack YOUM flexible OLED display technology.
Note 4 is expected to be unveiled in September, like its predecessor Note 3. The Korea Times also reported, citing sources, that it would be unveiled at the the upcoming annual IFA trade fair in Berlin, Germany, which will kick off on 5 September.
"Samsung is considering holding a launch event of the Note4 at the IFA trade fair. It is in the middle of finalizing specification details for the upcoming phablet," the report quoted an official from Samsung.
The much-awaited device is expected to sport a 5.5 inch super Amoled display, with a resolution of 2560x1440 giving a ppi of 500+, according to Samsung4Note, contradicting earlier reports that it would have an AMOLED Ultra HD, 3480x2160 pixel display. The website went on to say that the device would have an LTE Cat 6 Support, 16MP rear camera with ISOCELL technology, 4K video recording and a 2MP front cam with 1080p video recording, Quad Core Snapdragon 805 processor, Android 4.4.3 KitKat OS, and S-Pen stylus with updated gestures and air command.
The device may come with 3,600 to 3,800 mAh battery and have advanced hardware design - 20 nm 4 GB DDR3 DRAM, according to TheGalaxyNote4. It is also expected to be water and dust resistant.
(Photo credit: screenshot from Samsung official website) Ed: VP
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks