Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date: Patent Hints at Drastic Changes in Design
By Raymond Ronamai | April 25, 2014 12:52 AM EST
Samsung Electronics has not announced the release date of its upcoming device Galaxy Note 4 yet but speculations have been doing the rounds, ever since Galaxy S5 was released. Now, a patent filed by the South Korean electronics giant for a device, possibly the much-hyped phablet, has hinted at drastic changes in the design.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
The patent application by Samsung has shown a concept for a smartphone with rounded edges on the side, that does not look like any of the earlier devices, said a report by GSMarena. In fact, the patent has sparked off speculations if it is that of the upcoming Galaxy Note 4.
South Korean media had earlier reported that Galaxy Note 4 would be three-sided and would pack YOUM flexible OLED display technology.
Note 4 is expected to be unveiled in September, like its predecessor Note 3. The Korea Times also reported, citing sources, that it would be unveiled at the the upcoming annual IFA trade fair in Berlin, Germany, which will kick off on 5 September.
"Samsung is considering holding a launch event of the Note4 at the IFA trade fair. It is in the middle of finalizing specification details for the upcoming phablet," the report quoted an official from Samsung.
The much-awaited device is expected to sport a 5.5 inch super Amoled display, with a resolution of 2560x1440 giving a ppi of 500+, according to Samsung4Note, contradicting earlier reports that it would have an AMOLED Ultra HD, 3480x2160 pixel display. The website went on to say that the device would have an LTE Cat 6 Support, 16MP rear camera with ISOCELL technology, 4K video recording and a 2MP front cam with 1080p video recording, Quad Core Snapdragon 805 processor, Android 4.4.3 KitKat OS, and S-Pen stylus with updated gestures and air command.
The device may come with 3,600 to 3,800 mAh battery and have advanced hardware design - 20 nm 4 GB DDR3 DRAM, according to TheGalaxyNote4. It is also expected to be water and dust resistant.
(Photo credit: screenshot from Samsung official website) Ed: VP
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports