Doomsday Prediction: Televangelist Pat Robertson Says Asteroid Will Destroy Earth Next Week
By Ankita Mehta | April 25, 2014 12:21 AM EST
Pat Robertson, a renowned televangelist, predicted on Monday that an asteroid would destroy the Earth, and it will possibly happen next week.
This NASA handout image pictures the passage of asteroid 2012 DA14 through the Earth-moon system back in February 2013.
Robertson, who was talking about his new book "The End of the Age", said that the encounter with the asteroid would "end times". He predicted the "end times" during his show "The 700 Club", which airs on ABC Family.
He explained that no other theory or explanation that fulfills the prophetic words of Jesus Christ.
"I wrote a book, I wrote a book. It's called 'The End of the Age' and it deals with an asteroid hitting the Earth," Robertson said, according to Huffington Post. "I don't see anything else that fulfills the prophetic words of Jesus Christ other than an asteroid strike. There isn't anything that will cause the seas to roil, that will cause the skies to darken, the moon and the sun not to give their light, the nations terrified on Earth saying 'what's happening?'"
During Monday's show, the televangelist warned his followers to be prepared as he felt the asteroid might hit next week.
"Hey, just get ready. Get right and stay right with the Lord," he urged. "It could be next week, or it could be a 1,000 years from now, but nevertheless we want to be ready at whatever time the Lord says 'I'm wrapping it up, it's time to come home.'"
This is not the first time that Robertson predicted the end of the world but all the previous predictions have failed, according to Web Pro News.
In 2012, Robertson again predicted the collapse of the American economy, and the year after he predicted that financial reckoning is coming, debts, money would be devalued, people on fixed incomes would suffer but again his predictions again failed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air