Doomsday Prediction: Televangelist Pat Robertson Says Asteroid Will Destroy Earth Next Week
By Ankita Mehta | April 25, 2014 12:21 AM EST
Pat Robertson, a renowned televangelist, predicted on Monday that an asteroid would destroy the Earth, and it will possibly happen next week.
This NASA handout image pictures the passage of asteroid 2012 DA14 through the Earth-moon system back in February 2013.
Robertson, who was talking about his new book "The End of the Age", said that the encounter with the asteroid would "end times". He predicted the "end times" during his show "The 700 Club", which airs on ABC Family.
He explained that no other theory or explanation that fulfills the prophetic words of Jesus Christ.
"I wrote a book, I wrote a book. It's called 'The End of the Age' and it deals with an asteroid hitting the Earth," Robertson said, according to Huffington Post. "I don't see anything else that fulfills the prophetic words of Jesus Christ other than an asteroid strike. There isn't anything that will cause the seas to roil, that will cause the skies to darken, the moon and the sun not to give their light, the nations terrified on Earth saying 'what's happening?'"
During Monday's show, the televangelist warned his followers to be prepared as he felt the asteroid might hit next week.
"Hey, just get ready. Get right and stay right with the Lord," he urged. "It could be next week, or it could be a 1,000 years from now, but nevertheless we want to be ready at whatever time the Lord says 'I'm wrapping it up, it's time to come home.'"
This is not the first time that Robertson predicted the end of the world but all the previous predictions have failed, according to Web Pro News.
In 2012, Robertson again predicted the collapse of the American economy, and the year after he predicted that financial reckoning is coming, debts, money would be devalued, people on fixed incomes would suffer but again his predictions again failed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- Ebola Virus 'Rapidly Mutating' as Research Finds Almost 400 Mutations; International Aid Moves at a Snail's Pace
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leak Raises Doubts on Apple's iCloud; How to Secure Apple ID
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying