Doomsday Prediction: Televangelist Pat Robertson Says Asteroid Will Destroy Earth Next Week
By Ankita Mehta | April 25, 2014 12:21 AM EST
Pat Robertson, a renowned televangelist, predicted on Monday that an asteroid would destroy the Earth, and it will possibly happen next week.
Robertson, who was talking about his new book "The End of the Age", said that the encounter with the asteroid would "end times". He predicted the "end times" during his show "The 700 Club", which airs on ABC Family.
He explained that no other theory or explanation that fulfills the prophetic words of Jesus Christ.
"I wrote a book, I wrote a book. It's called 'The End of the Age' and it deals with an asteroid hitting the Earth," Robertson said, according to Huffington Post. "I don't see anything else that fulfills the prophetic words of Jesus Christ other than an asteroid strike. There isn't anything that will cause the seas to roil, that will cause the skies to darken, the moon and the sun not to give their light, the nations terrified on Earth saying 'what's happening?'"
During Monday's show, the televangelist warned his followers to be prepared as he felt the asteroid might hit next week.
"Hey, just get ready. Get right and stay right with the Lord," he urged. "It could be next week, or it could be a 1,000 years from now, but nevertheless we want to be ready at whatever time the Lord says 'I'm wrapping it up, it's time to come home.'"
This is not the first time that Robertson predicted the end of the world but all the previous predictions have failed, according to Web Pro News.
In 2012, Robertson again predicted the collapse of the American economy, and the year after he predicted that financial reckoning is coming, debts, money would be devalued, people on fixed incomes would suffer but again his predictions again failed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Racist Note Stereotyping Asian Drivers Left on Parked Car in NSW Sparks Online Outrage
- Prince Harry Reunites With Cressida Bonas On ‘Sex Tape’ Date Amid Dating Camilla Thurlow Reports
- New Zealand Election Countdown: Final Campaign Week Marred With More Controversial 'Revelations'
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Modern Forensic Science Reveals Evidence Of Brutal Killing Of King Richard III
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation