Watch IPL 2014 Match 11: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | April 24, 2014 11:08 PM EST
Apart from the Kings XI Punjab, the Royal Challengers Bangalore have been the most impressive side in IPL 2014 so far. RCB will look to put in a third straight sound all-round effort on Thursday evening when they take on the Kolkata Knight Riders in Sharjah.
Where to Watch Live:
Watch the match highlights HERE
Get the report HERE
The game is scheduled for an 8 pm IST (6.30 pm local time, 3.30 pm BST, 10.30 am ET) start with live coverage on Sony Max and Sony Six. Catch the action via live streaming online in India HERE or HERE. Rest of the world can catch the IPL action HERE, HERE or through the GoCricket apps. Viewers in the US can live stream the action HERE, while audience in Canada can do the same HERE.
Viewers in the Middle East and North Africa can catch the action on OSN and with the link HERE. New Zealand viewers can do the same through Sky NZ HERE. Viewers in the UK can catch the action live on ITV, while Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka will have TV coverage via Geo Super, Maasaranga TV and Carlton Sports Network respectively.
The formula of bowling first and chasing down a total has worked perfectly for RCB this season, with their bowlers, surprisingly, coming to the fore in some style, restricting their opponents to totals of 145 and 115, which, expectedly, has been meat and drink for the formidable Royal Challengers batsmen.
Come Thursday, however, RCB will come up against probably the best bowling side in the tournament thus making it an intriguing battle. "It is always good to start the tournament on a high note," RCB wicketkeeper Parthiv Patel said. "The two wins have given us a lot of confidence, and it is important to keep the momentum going in such a tournament.
"They are probably one of the best bowling sides in the tournament. They have done well and won a game and lost one. We cannot take our opposition lightly."
Doubts, however, continue to linger over the availability of Chris Gayle, who has missed the opening two matches for the Bangalore franchise with a back problem. Patel said he was not aware if Gayle would be fit to play against KKR, but insisted RCB remain a formidable batting unit even without the incomparable West Indian opener.
"We have done well without Gayle, which shows how strong our batting is," Patel added. "Once Chris comes, obviously, it will be a great boost for the team and I am sure he will be a very big threat for the other teams. Having said that, our bowlers have done really well to restrict the opponents, which has helped us chase down targets."
KKR picked up an impressive opening win over the Mumbai Indians, but their much-vaunted bowling lineup could not stop JP Duminy and the Delhi Daredevils from overhauling a score of 166. "We would like to look at the positives out of that game," KKR batting coach WV Raman said. "We were in a tight situation in that game while batting, but we got out of it and posted a good score. The good thing about the team is that the guys are there to put their hands up and be counted."
One major concern for the Knight Riders is the form of captain Gautam Gambhir, who is yet to open his account in IPL 2014 after two successive ducks. Raman, though, is not too concerned about his skipper's form.
"Gautam Gambhir is just one knock away from striking form," Raman added. "He is too good a player to allow this to happen for too long. Hopefully, he will get going sooner rather than later and once he gets going, you know what he is capable of.
"You know what has happened as far as results are concerned for KKR when he has got going. We are hoping that he will find his rhythm quickly."
Expected lineups: Royal Challengers Bangalore: Chris Gayle or Nic Maddinson, Parthiv Patel, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, AB De Villiers, Albie Morkel, Sachin Rana, Mitchell Starc, Ashok Dinda, Yuzvendra Chahal, Varun Aaron.
Kolkata Knight Riders: Gautam Gambhir, Jacques Kallis, Manish Pandey, Robin Uthappa, Shakib Al Hasan, Yusuf Pathan, Suryakumar Yadav, Piyush Chawla, R Vinay Kumar, Morne Morkel, Sunil Narine.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes