Tata Bolt Spotted Testing Again as Launch Nears
By greeshma m | April 24, 2014 8:39 PM EST
Tata's soon-to-be-launched Bolt has been spied testing again in the country, further fuelling launch speculations of the car.
Tata Bolt Spotted Testing Again; Launch Nears
Bolt, the new offering from Tata has been in news since its appearance at Delhi Auto Expo, 2014. Now the latest is a set of images posted by the Autocolumn, which spotted the uncamouflaged Bolt near the company's facility in Pune. Tata Bolt is speculated to hit the domestic market around the festival season this year.
Tata Bolt will be offered in both petrol and engine options. While the petrol model of the Bolt will come with the 1.2 liter Revotron turbo petrol engine, which can churn out a power of 84 bhp at 5000 rpm and a torque of 140 Nm of 1750-3500 rpm, the diesel version of the car will pack 1.3 liter Multijet diesel motor.
The car will house new audio system that features MapMyIndia GPS, touchscreen and voice commands, center console, infotainment system, electric power steering in place of the Vista's hydraulic unit, projector headlamps and LED tail lamps.
Tata's Zest is also expected to make its debut around the same time. Zest, the first sedan in India with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT), will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants. The petrol version of the Zest will be powered by a 1.2 litre, four-cylinder, turbocharged Revotron engine under the hood, which can churn out a power of 85 PS at 5000 RPM and a peak torque of 140Nm 1750-3000 RPM. The diesel model will come with a 1.3 litre Quadrajet motor, which can generate 90 PS power at 4000 RPM and 200Nm torque at 1750-3000 RPM.
Earlier, Tata launched exclusive websites for the upcoming sedan Zest and premium hatchback Bolt, screaming the arrival of the vehicle in the country. The Zest and Bolt websites give out information and images of the cars, by connecting through social media accounts like Facebook/Twitter.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2