Hyundai 1.0-Litre Eon Magna Launched in India: Report
By greeshma m | April 24, 2014 7:31 PM EST
Korean manufacturer Hyundai's entry level hatchback offering in India, Eon has reportedly gotten a new 1.litre petrol engine variant, suggests a new report.
Eon's 1.0-litre petrol engine version has been rumoured for quite some time now. A new report by AutoCar India claims that Hyundai has launched the new avatar of Eon in the Indian market and the dealerships of the company across the country have started accepting bookings for the new model.
Citing sources close to the development, the report also said that the model will come with features like air-con, power steering, front power windows, keyless entry and 13-inch steel wheels. In terms of the styling, the 1.0-litre Eon looks the same as the current model. The car will be powered by 1.0-litre, three-cylinder motor, which can churn out a power of 65 bhp and a torque of 9.7 kgm .The deliveries of the new Eon is expected to start in few weeks.
The new Eon is reportedly available only on the Magna variant and is priced at 3.85 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai) for the metallic paint. The car will rival Maruti Suzuki Alto K10, Maruti Suzuki Estilo and Datsun GO in the domestic market. Currently India's small car market has been dominated by Maruti Suzuki with its models like Alto, Alto K10 and more.
With the launch, Hyundai hopes to stabilize its position in the small car segment. In March, the company reported 8.37 percent decline in total sales at 51,708 units for March 2014 as against the 56,437 units in the same month of last year. In the domestic market, Hyundai sold 35,003 units in the last month, as compared to 33,858 units in March 2013. The export of the company in March plunged by 26 percent to 16,705 units as against 22,579 units in the corresponding month last year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports