Hyundai 1.0-Litre Eon Magna Launched in India: Report
By greeshma m | April 24, 2014 7:31 PM EST
Korean manufacturer Hyundai's entry level hatchback offering in India, Eon has reportedly gotten a new 1.litre petrol engine variant, suggests a new report.
Eon's 1.0-litre petrol engine version has been rumoured for quite some time now. A new report by AutoCar India claims that Hyundai has launched the new avatar of Eon in the Indian market and the dealerships of the company across the country have started accepting bookings for the new model.
Citing sources close to the development, the report also said that the model will come with features like air-con, power steering, front power windows, keyless entry and 13-inch steel wheels. In terms of the styling, the 1.0-litre Eon looks the same as the current model. The car will be powered by 1.0-litre, three-cylinder motor, which can churn out a power of 65 bhp and a torque of 9.7 kgm .The deliveries of the new Eon is expected to start in few weeks.
The new Eon is reportedly available only on the Magna variant and is priced at 3.85 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai) for the metallic paint. The car will rival Maruti Suzuki Alto K10, Maruti Suzuki Estilo and Datsun GO in the domestic market. Currently India's small car market has been dominated by Maruti Suzuki with its models like Alto, Alto K10 and more.
With the launch, Hyundai hopes to stabilize its position in the small car segment. In March, the company reported 8.37 percent decline in total sales at 51,708 units for March 2014 as against the 56,437 units in the same month of last year. In the domestic market, Hyundai sold 35,003 units in the last month, as compared to 33,858 units in March 2013. The export of the company in March plunged by 26 percent to 16,705 units as against 22,579 units in the corresponding month last year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans