Hyundai 1.0-Litre Eon Magna Launched in India: Report
By greeshma m | April 24, 2014 7:31 PM EST
Korean manufacturer Hyundai's entry level hatchback offering in India, Eon has reportedly gotten a new 1.litre petrol engine variant, suggests a new report.
Eon's 1.0-litre petrol engine version has been rumoured for quite some time now. A new report by AutoCar India claims that Hyundai has launched the new avatar of Eon in the Indian market and the dealerships of the company across the country have started accepting bookings for the new model.
Citing sources close to the development, the report also said that the model will come with features like air-con, power steering, front power windows, keyless entry and 13-inch steel wheels. In terms of the styling, the 1.0-litre Eon looks the same as the current model. The car will be powered by 1.0-litre, three-cylinder motor, which can churn out a power of 65 bhp and a torque of 9.7 kgm .The deliveries of the new Eon is expected to start in few weeks.
The new Eon is reportedly available only on the Magna variant and is priced at 3.85 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai) for the metallic paint. The car will rival Maruti Suzuki Alto K10, Maruti Suzuki Estilo and Datsun GO in the domestic market. Currently India's small car market has been dominated by Maruti Suzuki with its models like Alto, Alto K10 and more.
With the launch, Hyundai hopes to stabilize its position in the small car segment. In March, the company reported 8.37 percent decline in total sales at 51,708 units for March 2014 as against the 56,437 units in the same month of last year. In the domestic market, Hyundai sold 35,003 units in the last month, as compared to 33,858 units in March 2013. The export of the company in March plunged by 26 percent to 16,705 units as against 22,579 units in the corresponding month last year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop