Disney Hints Episode VII to Be Most Expensive Star Wars Movie Ever
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 24, 2014 5:38 PM EST
According to Disney, the new instalment of the Star Wars may be the most expensive one to date.
The Guardian reported that Disney Chairman Alan Horn indicated that the latest Star Wars movies might cost around $200 million for each film. According to Horn, there is no completed budget available for the movies yet. He spoke to Bloomberg TV as he said that the budget was estimated to be more or less around that number. "These large, tent-pole kinds of movies," are
on the expensive side," he said. Horn further said that they were committed to giving the audience "a full meal in return for their affection and devotion and love for these properties." He said that while they would not "give budgets out," it would definitely be "a big, tent-pole movie budget."
Activists from the Internet Party of Ukraine, dressed as Star Wars characters, hold a party congress in Kiev March 29, 2014. The party announced that its leader "Darth Vader" has submitted documents to the Ukrainian Central Elections Commission to register as a candidate for Ukraine's May 25 presidential election.
If Horn's hints are to be believed, Star Wars: Episode VII will have as big a budget as The Amazing Spider-Man 2, the latest film from the Spider-Man movie series. On the other hand, there have been other such movies which emphasise largely on digital effects and cost more. One example is The Avengers that cost around $220 million, according to reports. The last Star Wars film came about a decade back. The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith cost about $115 million each. However, the original Star Wars movie, arguably the most iconic of them all, cost only $11 million which would be about $43 million in today's time.
Disney is no stranger to making high budget movies as the movie with highest budget in history belongs to the elite production company. Disney made Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End in 2007 with a budget of around $300 million. Mashable reported that, if made with such budget, the latest Star Wars movie could only be one of the 20 movies with the highest budgets. There are other movies like Spider Man 2, Toy Story 3 and Titanic.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers