Jodie Foster Privately Gets Married to Girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 24, 2014 5:35 PM EST
Jodie Foster got married to her girlfriend Alexandra Hedison.
E! Online was the first to report that the Academy Award-winning actress quietly got married over the weekend. Marc Malkin "exclusively" revealed Foster's marriage with her photographer-girlfriend whom she dated for about a year. He also said that one of the representatives of Foster confirmed the news. The magazine earlier reported that the couple had been seeing each other as its sources claimed that the relation between them was "pretty serious." The source also claimed that that Foster and Hedison were "totally in love."
Actress Jodie Foster arrives at the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards in Beverly Hills, California in this January 13, 2013 file photo. Jodie Foster has married her girlfriend, the photographer Alexandra Hedison, a representative for the Oscar-winning actress said on April 23, 2014.
The couple was photographed together at a tech seminar at Fox Studios in Los Angeles. Days later, they went to dinner along with their friends as well. Foster and Hedison attended the opening of Alan Cumming's Macbeth in New York around a year ago. However, there was no photograph confirming their visit.
Interestingly, Hedison used to date Ellen DeGeneres but broke up in 2004 after three years of relationship. She had her photography exhibition in Los Angeles and New York. Besides being a photographer, Hedison has also acted in a few occasions. She acted as Dylan Moreland for three seasons in The L Word, the popular lesbian TV series on Showtime.
Foster was given the Cecil B. DeMille Lifetime Achievement Award at the Golden Globes in 2013. She said while receiving the award that she did her "coming out a thousand years ago, in the Stone Age." Foster also thanked her former girlfriend Cydney Bernard. Foster's relation with Bernard lasted for 20 years before they broke up in 2008. They are also the co-parents of their sons Kit and Charles.
Foster got the Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance in The Accused where she played Sarah Tobias, a victim of gang rape. Foster scored big with her debut in Taxi Driver, directed by Martin Scorsese. She won the BAFTA Award for her acting in the film while she was also nominated for the Academy Award for it.
"Foster is notoriously private about her personal life," CNN reported. It said that no further details were available about the marriage.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica