Jodie Foster Privately Gets Married to Girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 24, 2014 5:35 PM EST
Jodie Foster got married to her girlfriend Alexandra Hedison.
E! Online was the first to report that the Academy Award-winning actress quietly got married over the weekend. Marc Malkin "exclusively" revealed Foster's marriage with her photographer-girlfriend whom she dated for about a year. He also said that one of the representatives of Foster confirmed the news. The magazine earlier reported that the couple had been seeing each other as its sources claimed that the relation between them was "pretty serious." The source also claimed that that Foster and Hedison were "totally in love."
Actress Jodie Foster arrives at the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards in Beverly Hills, California in this January 13, 2013 file photo. Jodie Foster has married her girlfriend, the photographer Alexandra Hedison, a representative for the Oscar-winning actress said on April 23, 2014.
The couple was photographed together at a tech seminar at Fox Studios in Los Angeles. Days later, they went to dinner along with their friends as well. Foster and Hedison attended the opening of Alan Cumming's Macbeth in New York around a year ago. However, there was no photograph confirming their visit.
Interestingly, Hedison used to date Ellen DeGeneres but broke up in 2004 after three years of relationship. She had her photography exhibition in Los Angeles and New York. Besides being a photographer, Hedison has also acted in a few occasions. She acted as Dylan Moreland for three seasons in The L Word, the popular lesbian TV series on Showtime.
Foster was given the Cecil B. DeMille Lifetime Achievement Award at the Golden Globes in 2013. She said while receiving the award that she did her "coming out a thousand years ago, in the Stone Age." Foster also thanked her former girlfriend Cydney Bernard. Foster's relation with Bernard lasted for 20 years before they broke up in 2008. They are also the co-parents of their sons Kit and Charles.
Foster got the Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance in The Accused where she played Sarah Tobias, a victim of gang rape. Foster scored big with her debut in Taxi Driver, directed by Martin Scorsese. She won the BAFTA Award for her acting in the film while she was also nominated for the Academy Award for it.
"Foster is notoriously private about her personal life," CNN reported. It said that no further details were available about the marriage.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage