Jodie Foster Privately Gets Married to Girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 24, 2014 5:35 PM EST
Jodie Foster got married to her girlfriend Alexandra Hedison.
E! Online was the first to report that the Academy Award-winning actress quietly got married over the weekend. Marc Malkin "exclusively" revealed Foster's marriage with her photographer-girlfriend whom she dated for about a year. He also said that one of the representatives of Foster confirmed the news. The magazine earlier reported that the couple had been seeing each other as its sources claimed that the relation between them was "pretty serious." The source also claimed that that Foster and Hedison were "totally in love."
Actress Jodie Foster arrives at the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards in Beverly Hills, California in this January 13, 2013 file photo. Jodie Foster has married her girlfriend, the photographer Alexandra Hedison, a representative for the Oscar-winning actress said on April 23, 2014.
The couple was photographed together at a tech seminar at Fox Studios in Los Angeles. Days later, they went to dinner along with their friends as well. Foster and Hedison attended the opening of Alan Cumming's Macbeth in New York around a year ago. However, there was no photograph confirming their visit.
Interestingly, Hedison used to date Ellen DeGeneres but broke up in 2004 after three years of relationship. She had her photography exhibition in Los Angeles and New York. Besides being a photographer, Hedison has also acted in a few occasions. She acted as Dylan Moreland for three seasons in The L Word, the popular lesbian TV series on Showtime.
Foster was given the Cecil B. DeMille Lifetime Achievement Award at the Golden Globes in 2013. She said while receiving the award that she did her "coming out a thousand years ago, in the Stone Age." Foster also thanked her former girlfriend Cydney Bernard. Foster's relation with Bernard lasted for 20 years before they broke up in 2008. They are also the co-parents of their sons Kit and Charles.
Foster got the Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance in The Accused where she played Sarah Tobias, a victim of gang rape. Foster scored big with her debut in Taxi Driver, directed by Martin Scorsese. She won the BAFTA Award for her acting in the film while she was also nominated for the Academy Award for it.
"Foster is notoriously private about her personal life," CNN reported. It said that no further details were available about the marriage.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’