Adam Goodes Likely to Return to NRL
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 24, 2014 5:33 PM EST
Sydney Swans star Adam Goodess has high chances to mark his return in the upcoming match against Melbourne on Saturday.
The 34-year-old Goodess was out of field since Season 13 because of his injury, and there is strong possibility of his return, as stated by coach John Longmire.
"He's a chance ... Goodsy and Sam Reid will both train today so it's obviously good to have those blokes lining up for training today and be in that mix for senior selection ... We're not sure whether either of them will play ... the decision will be made at a team meeting on Friday afternoon," Longmire said.
Goodess holds the record playing 204 matches consecutively between 1999 and 2007 and missed nine matches in the next six years.
Longmire added, Goodess was looking forward to join the squad, but he may be placed as a substitute in the upcoming match against the Demons.
"He's training pretty well, no one works harder than Adam Goodess ... If he plays, it will be seniors. Or if he doesn't, it will be another week's training under his belt ... We have discussed whether he comes in as a sub," Longmire added.
On the other front, Kurt Tippet may also get sidelined for his injury.
"Unfortunately, it was five minute before he was due to come off and copped a knock ... We were hopeful that everything was okay but unfortunately he was injured and is at least another week away," Longmire concluded.
The return of the dual Brownlow medalist was indeed welcome for Sydney Swans, but it entirely depends on the fitness factor.
Goodess started his AFL career after he was selected as No. 43 pick in the 1997 AFL Draft. He spent the 1998 season in reserve but later went on to win the Rising Star Award.
Goodess was also awarded with Ron Evans Medal in 1999. He was also awarded with the Bob Skilton Medal three times and also represented the national team of Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2