Adam Goodes Likely to Return to NRL
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 24, 2014 5:33 PM EST
Sydney Swans star Adam Goodess has high chances to mark his return in the upcoming match against Melbourne on Saturday.
The 34-year-old Goodess was out of field since Season 13 because of his injury, and there is strong possibility of his return, as stated by coach John Longmire.
"He's a chance ... Goodsy and Sam Reid will both train today so it's obviously good to have those blokes lining up for training today and be in that mix for senior selection ... We're not sure whether either of them will play ... the decision will be made at a team meeting on Friday afternoon," Longmire said.
Goodess holds the record playing 204 matches consecutively between 1999 and 2007 and missed nine matches in the next six years.
Longmire added, Goodess was looking forward to join the squad, but he may be placed as a substitute in the upcoming match against the Demons.
"He's training pretty well, no one works harder than Adam Goodess ... If he plays, it will be seniors. Or if he doesn't, it will be another week's training under his belt ... We have discussed whether he comes in as a sub," Longmire added.
On the other front, Kurt Tippet may also get sidelined for his injury.
"Unfortunately, it was five minute before he was due to come off and copped a knock ... We were hopeful that everything was okay but unfortunately he was injured and is at least another week away," Longmire concluded.
The return of the dual Brownlow medalist was indeed welcome for Sydney Swans, but it entirely depends on the fitness factor.
Goodess started his AFL career after he was selected as No. 43 pick in the 1997 AFL Draft. He spent the 1998 season in reserve but later went on to win the Rising Star Award.
Goodess was also awarded with Ron Evans Medal in 1999. He was also awarded with the Bob Skilton Medal three times and also represented the national team of Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu