Adam Goodes Likely to Return to NRL
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 24, 2014 5:33 PM EST
Sydney Swans star Adam Goodess has high chances to mark his return in the upcoming match against Melbourne on Saturday.
The 34-year-old Goodess was out of field since Season 13 because of his injury, and there is strong possibility of his return, as stated by coach John Longmire.
"He's a chance ... Goodsy and Sam Reid will both train today so it's obviously good to have those blokes lining up for training today and be in that mix for senior selection ... We're not sure whether either of them will play ... the decision will be made at a team meeting on Friday afternoon," Longmire said.
Goodess holds the record playing 204 matches consecutively between 1999 and 2007 and missed nine matches in the next six years.
Longmire added, Goodess was looking forward to join the squad, but he may be placed as a substitute in the upcoming match against the Demons.
"He's training pretty well, no one works harder than Adam Goodess ... If he plays, it will be seniors. Or if he doesn't, it will be another week's training under his belt ... We have discussed whether he comes in as a sub," Longmire added.
On the other front, Kurt Tippet may also get sidelined for his injury.
"Unfortunately, it was five minute before he was due to come off and copped a knock ... We were hopeful that everything was okay but unfortunately he was injured and is at least another week away," Longmire concluded.
The return of the dual Brownlow medalist was indeed welcome for Sydney Swans, but it entirely depends on the fitness factor.
Goodess started his AFL career after he was selected as No. 43 pick in the 1997 AFL Draft. He spent the 1998 season in reserve but later went on to win the Rising Star Award.
Goodess was also awarded with Ron Evans Medal in 1999. He was also awarded with the Bob Skilton Medal three times and also represented the national team of Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build