Adam Goodes Likely to Return to NRL
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 24, 2014 5:33 PM EST
Sydney Swans star Adam Goodess has high chances to mark his return in the upcoming match against Melbourne on Saturday.
The 34-year-old Goodess was out of field since Season 13 because of his injury, and there is strong possibility of his return, as stated by coach John Longmire.
"He's a chance ... Goodsy and Sam Reid will both train today so it's obviously good to have those blokes lining up for training today and be in that mix for senior selection ... We're not sure whether either of them will play ... the decision will be made at a team meeting on Friday afternoon," Longmire said.
Goodess holds the record playing 204 matches consecutively between 1999 and 2007 and missed nine matches in the next six years.
Longmire added, Goodess was looking forward to join the squad, but he may be placed as a substitute in the upcoming match against the Demons.
"He's training pretty well, no one works harder than Adam Goodess ... If he plays, it will be seniors. Or if he doesn't, it will be another week's training under his belt ... We have discussed whether he comes in as a sub," Longmire added.
On the other front, Kurt Tippet may also get sidelined for his injury.
"Unfortunately, it was five minute before he was due to come off and copped a knock ... We were hopeful that everything was okay but unfortunately he was injured and is at least another week away," Longmire concluded.
The return of the dual Brownlow medalist was indeed welcome for Sydney Swans, but it entirely depends on the fitness factor.
Goodess started his AFL career after he was selected as No. 43 pick in the 1997 AFL Draft. He spent the 1998 season in reserve but later went on to win the Rising Star Award.
Goodess was also awarded with Ron Evans Medal in 1999. He was also awarded with the Bob Skilton Medal three times and also represented the national team of Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories