Adam Goodes Likely to Return to NRL
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 24, 2014 5:33 PM EST
Sydney Swans star Adam Goodess has high chances to mark his return in the upcoming match against Melbourne on Saturday.
The 34-year-old Goodess was out of field since Season 13 because of his injury, and there is strong possibility of his return, as stated by coach John Longmire.
"He's a chance ... Goodsy and Sam Reid will both train today so it's obviously good to have those blokes lining up for training today and be in that mix for senior selection ... We're not sure whether either of them will play ... the decision will be made at a team meeting on Friday afternoon," Longmire said.
Goodess holds the record playing 204 matches consecutively between 1999 and 2007 and missed nine matches in the next six years.
Longmire added, Goodess was looking forward to join the squad, but he may be placed as a substitute in the upcoming match against the Demons.
"He's training pretty well, no one works harder than Adam Goodess ... If he plays, it will be seniors. Or if he doesn't, it will be another week's training under his belt ... We have discussed whether he comes in as a sub," Longmire added.
On the other front, Kurt Tippet may also get sidelined for his injury.
"Unfortunately, it was five minute before he was due to come off and copped a knock ... We were hopeful that everything was okay but unfortunately he was injured and is at least another week away," Longmire concluded.
The return of the dual Brownlow medalist was indeed welcome for Sydney Swans, but it entirely depends on the fitness factor.
Goodess started his AFL career after he was selected as No. 43 pick in the 1997 AFL Draft. He spent the 1998 season in reserve but later went on to win the Rising Star Award.
Goodess was also awarded with Ron Evans Medal in 1999. He was also awarded with the Bob Skilton Medal three times and also represented the national team of Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues