Lupita Nyong'o Named People Magazine's 'Most Beautiful' Woman of 2014; Things to Know about the Oscar-Winning Actress
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 24, 2014 4:54 PM EST
Oscar-winning actress Lupita Nyong'o has every reason to feel "flattered" as she has been recently named People Magazine's "Most Beautiful" woman of 2014.
Actress Lupita Nyong'o arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
With an Oscars under her belt and numerous other trophies Nyong'o received during the awarding season, the 31-year-old Kenyan actress has made proof that she has, indeed, captivated a good number of people from her acting alone in the film "12 Years a Slave."
Nyong'o just joined Jennifer Lopez (2011), Beyonce (2012) and Gwyneth Paltrow (2013) for People's Most Beautiful Women.
"I'm flattered, but flattered sounds like such a flighty word, you know?" Nyong'o told Today in an interview during which time People Magazine revealed its "Most Beautiful" woman of 2014.
"I'm flattered with, like, gravitas under it," the Kenyan actress added.
But it's not all about the acting. Apparently, the actress is also a head-turner on red carpets and a favourite to grace the covers of several magazines.
According to People, Nyong'o has been playful and creative when it comes to her looks. One time, the Oscar winner shaved her head bald, and that was apart from dying her hair with every color, except blonde.
"It was very strange and very cold!" Nyong'o told People Magazine with a laugh. "It was scary but I like to dare myself."
Though clearly not bald, Lupita Nyong'o has stayed with short hair. And according to People, the 31-year-old actress revealed that one of the "best compliments" for the actress is when people call her beautiful before she could get her hair combed. Others were when she has "not one drop of makeup on" or before she wears a pretty dress.
"Happiness is the most important thing," the Most Beautiful woman of 2014 revealed.
According to New York Daily News, the Kenyan beauty has been proving her self that she deserves the magazine's honour "almost every time she's given a microphone."
The report mentioned that Nyong'o was at the Black Women in Hollywood gathering in February wherein the actress has delivered a speech about "womanhood, beauty and acceptance" and later gathered applause for its moving aspect.
Meanwhile, to Lupita Nyong'o, gracing the cover of the magazine is a "major compliment."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier