Lupita Nyong'o Named People Magazine's 'Most Beautiful' Woman of 2014; Things to Know about the Oscar-Winning Actress
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 24, 2014 4:54 PM EST
Oscar-winning actress Lupita Nyong'o has every reason to feel "flattered" as she has been recently named People Magazine's "Most Beautiful" woman of 2014.
Actress Lupita Nyong'o arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
With an Oscars under her belt and numerous other trophies Nyong'o received during the awarding season, the 31-year-old Kenyan actress has made proof that she has, indeed, captivated a good number of people from her acting alone in the film "12 Years a Slave."
Nyong'o just joined Jennifer Lopez (2011), Beyonce (2012) and Gwyneth Paltrow (2013) for People's Most Beautiful Women.
"I'm flattered, but flattered sounds like such a flighty word, you know?" Nyong'o told Today in an interview during which time People Magazine revealed its "Most Beautiful" woman of 2014.
"I'm flattered with, like, gravitas under it," the Kenyan actress added.
But it's not all about the acting. Apparently, the actress is also a head-turner on red carpets and a favourite to grace the covers of several magazines.
According to People, Nyong'o has been playful and creative when it comes to her looks. One time, the Oscar winner shaved her head bald, and that was apart from dying her hair with every color, except blonde.
"It was very strange and very cold!" Nyong'o told People Magazine with a laugh. "It was scary but I like to dare myself."
Though clearly not bald, Lupita Nyong'o has stayed with short hair. And according to People, the 31-year-old actress revealed that one of the "best compliments" for the actress is when people call her beautiful before she could get her hair combed. Others were when she has "not one drop of makeup on" or before she wears a pretty dress.
"Happiness is the most important thing," the Most Beautiful woman of 2014 revealed.
According to New York Daily News, the Kenyan beauty has been proving her self that she deserves the magazine's honour "almost every time she's given a microphone."
The report mentioned that Nyong'o was at the Black Women in Hollywood gathering in February wherein the actress has delivered a speech about "womanhood, beauty and acceptance" and later gathered applause for its moving aspect.
Meanwhile, to Lupita Nyong'o, gracing the cover of the magazine is a "major compliment."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date