Lupita Nyong'o Named People Magazine's 'Most Beautiful' Woman of 2014; Things to Know about the Oscar-Winning Actress
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 24, 2014 4:54 PM EST
Oscar-winning actress Lupita Nyong'o has every reason to feel "flattered" as she has been recently named People Magazine's "Most Beautiful" woman of 2014.
Actress Lupita Nyong'o arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
With an Oscars under her belt and numerous other trophies Nyong'o received during the awarding season, the 31-year-old Kenyan actress has made proof that she has, indeed, captivated a good number of people from her acting alone in the film "12 Years a Slave."
Nyong'o just joined Jennifer Lopez (2011), Beyonce (2012) and Gwyneth Paltrow (2013) for People's Most Beautiful Women.
"I'm flattered, but flattered sounds like such a flighty word, you know?" Nyong'o told Today in an interview during which time People Magazine revealed its "Most Beautiful" woman of 2014.
"I'm flattered with, like, gravitas under it," the Kenyan actress added.
But it's not all about the acting. Apparently, the actress is also a head-turner on red carpets and a favourite to grace the covers of several magazines.
According to People, Nyong'o has been playful and creative when it comes to her looks. One time, the Oscar winner shaved her head bald, and that was apart from dying her hair with every color, except blonde.
"It was very strange and very cold!" Nyong'o told People Magazine with a laugh. "It was scary but I like to dare myself."
Though clearly not bald, Lupita Nyong'o has stayed with short hair. And according to People, the 31-year-old actress revealed that one of the "best compliments" for the actress is when people call her beautiful before she could get her hair combed. Others were when she has "not one drop of makeup on" or before she wears a pretty dress.
"Happiness is the most important thing," the Most Beautiful woman of 2014 revealed.
According to New York Daily News, the Kenyan beauty has been proving her self that she deserves the magazine's honour "almost every time she's given a microphone."
The report mentioned that Nyong'o was at the Black Women in Hollywood gathering in February wherein the actress has delivered a speech about "womanhood, beauty and acceptance" and later gathered applause for its moving aspect.
Meanwhile, to Lupita Nyong'o, gracing the cover of the magazine is a "major compliment."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'