Lupita Nyong'o Named People Magazine's 'Most Beautiful' Woman of 2014; Things to Know about the Oscar-Winning Actress
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 24, 2014 4:54 PM EST
Oscar-winning actress Lupita Nyong'o has every reason to feel "flattered" as she has been recently named People Magazine's "Most Beautiful" woman of 2014.
Actress Lupita Nyong'o arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
With an Oscars under her belt and numerous other trophies Nyong'o received during the awarding season, the 31-year-old Kenyan actress has made proof that she has, indeed, captivated a good number of people from her acting alone in the film "12 Years a Slave."
Nyong'o just joined Jennifer Lopez (2011), Beyonce (2012) and Gwyneth Paltrow (2013) for People's Most Beautiful Women.
"I'm flattered, but flattered sounds like such a flighty word, you know?" Nyong'o told Today in an interview during which time People Magazine revealed its "Most Beautiful" woman of 2014.
"I'm flattered with, like, gravitas under it," the Kenyan actress added.
But it's not all about the acting. Apparently, the actress is also a head-turner on red carpets and a favourite to grace the covers of several magazines.
According to People, Nyong'o has been playful and creative when it comes to her looks. One time, the Oscar winner shaved her head bald, and that was apart from dying her hair with every color, except blonde.
"It was very strange and very cold!" Nyong'o told People Magazine with a laugh. "It was scary but I like to dare myself."
Though clearly not bald, Lupita Nyong'o has stayed with short hair. And according to People, the 31-year-old actress revealed that one of the "best compliments" for the actress is when people call her beautiful before she could get her hair combed. Others were when she has "not one drop of makeup on" or before she wears a pretty dress.
"Happiness is the most important thing," the Most Beautiful woman of 2014 revealed.
According to New York Daily News, the Kenyan beauty has been proving her self that she deserves the magazine's honour "almost every time she's given a microphone."
The report mentioned that Nyong'o was at the Black Women in Hollywood gathering in February wherein the actress has delivered a speech about "womanhood, beauty and acceptance" and later gathered applause for its moving aspect.
Meanwhile, to Lupita Nyong'o, gracing the cover of the magazine is a "major compliment."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef