Lupita Nyong'o Named People Magazine's 'Most Beautiful' Woman of 2014; Things to Know about the Oscar-Winning Actress
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 24, 2014 4:54 PM EST
Oscar-winning actress Lupita Nyong'o has every reason to feel "flattered" as she has been recently named People Magazine's "Most Beautiful" woman of 2014.
Actress Lupita Nyong'o arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
With an Oscars under her belt and numerous other trophies Nyong'o received during the awarding season, the 31-year-old Kenyan actress has made proof that she has, indeed, captivated a good number of people from her acting alone in the film "12 Years a Slave."
Nyong'o just joined Jennifer Lopez (2011), Beyonce (2012) and Gwyneth Paltrow (2013) for People's Most Beautiful Women.
"I'm flattered, but flattered sounds like such a flighty word, you know?" Nyong'o told Today in an interview during which time People Magazine revealed its "Most Beautiful" woman of 2014.
"I'm flattered with, like, gravitas under it," the Kenyan actress added.
But it's not all about the acting. Apparently, the actress is also a head-turner on red carpets and a favourite to grace the covers of several magazines.
According to People, Nyong'o has been playful and creative when it comes to her looks. One time, the Oscar winner shaved her head bald, and that was apart from dying her hair with every color, except blonde.
"It was very strange and very cold!" Nyong'o told People Magazine with a laugh. "It was scary but I like to dare myself."
Though clearly not bald, Lupita Nyong'o has stayed with short hair. And according to People, the 31-year-old actress revealed that one of the "best compliments" for the actress is when people call her beautiful before she could get her hair combed. Others were when she has "not one drop of makeup on" or before she wears a pretty dress.
"Happiness is the most important thing," the Most Beautiful woman of 2014 revealed.
According to New York Daily News, the Kenyan beauty has been proving her self that she deserves the magazine's honour "almost every time she's given a microphone."
The report mentioned that Nyong'o was at the Black Women in Hollywood gathering in February wherein the actress has delivered a speech about "womanhood, beauty and acceptance" and later gathered applause for its moving aspect.
Meanwhile, to Lupita Nyong'o, gracing the cover of the magazine is a "major compliment."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Warns Gareth Of Dire Consequences In New Promo [VIDEO]
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements