Apple Adds 3 New Channels to Apple TV
By Naveena Joy | April 24, 2014 4:04 PM EST
Going against all odds, users have been waiting for the much rumored launch of new version of Apple TV.
The company has added three new channels to Apple TV: A&E, The History Channel and Lifetime, courtesy of A&E Networks and cable subscribers. The totting up of these three channels came to provide streaming apps to the users.
The logo of Sharp Corp is seen reflected on Apple Inc's MacBook Pro at an electronics store in Tokyo in this January 15, 2013 file photo. Apple Inc suppliers will begin mass producing displays as early as May 2014 for the next iPhone, expected to be launched this autumn, with a 4.7-inch screen likely to be produced first while a 5.5-inch version could be delayed, supply chain sources said. Japan Display Inc, Sharp Corp and South Korea's LG Display Co Ltd have all been tapped to make the screens, said the sources, who asked not to be identified.
Such users do have to log in with their cable or satellite providers to access the live streams and the demanding content that these channels offer. Like in other channels, you cannot access these new channels if the cable or satellite provider isn't the same. The providers supported in the rollout are limited to DirecTV, Verizon FiOS and Cablevision Optimum. But the networks said it would add more support for more providers soon.
Exclusively, these apps extended support to major providers that were not listed by Apple TV channels like Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable and Bright House. Live TV support appeared limited to iOS apps as Apple TV channels that will have new episodes a day after they are aired.
The networks have worked closely with Apple to launch its big three channels to Apple TV. That is the reason the channels featured full episodes from shows like Duck Dynasty, Bates Motel, Pawn Stars and American Pickers. Each new channel is limited to Apple TV customers in the U.S. at its launch.
The latest version of Apple TV software also supported in hiding unwanted channels that were available. This feature could be used in the Settings option under the Main Menu.
But the users are waiting for the company to launch the newer version of Apple TV with more processing power, gesture control without a remote control and voice search technology with the addition of Siri. It may also have gaming controllers and the new Apple TV will support casual gaming as an additional core to the innovation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’