Apple Adds 3 New Channels to Apple TV
By Naveena Joy | April 24, 2014 4:04 PM EST
Going against all odds, users have been waiting for the much rumored launch of new version of Apple TV.
The company has added three new channels to Apple TV: A&E, The History Channel and Lifetime, courtesy of A&E Networks and cable subscribers. The totting up of these three channels came to provide streaming apps to the users.
The logo of Sharp Corp is seen reflected on Apple Inc's MacBook Pro at an electronics store in Tokyo in this January 15, 2013 file photo. Apple Inc suppliers will begin mass producing displays as early as May 2014 for the next iPhone, expected to be launched this autumn, with a 4.7-inch screen likely to be produced first while a 5.5-inch version could be delayed, supply chain sources said. Japan Display Inc, Sharp Corp and South Korea's LG Display Co Ltd have all been tapped to make the screens, said the sources, who asked not to be identified.
Such users do have to log in with their cable or satellite providers to access the live streams and the demanding content that these channels offer. Like in other channels, you cannot access these new channels if the cable or satellite provider isn't the same. The providers supported in the rollout are limited to DirecTV, Verizon FiOS and Cablevision Optimum. But the networks said it would add more support for more providers soon.
Exclusively, these apps extended support to major providers that were not listed by Apple TV channels like Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable and Bright House. Live TV support appeared limited to iOS apps as Apple TV channels that will have new episodes a day after they are aired.
The networks have worked closely with Apple to launch its big three channels to Apple TV. That is the reason the channels featured full episodes from shows like Duck Dynasty, Bates Motel, Pawn Stars and American Pickers. Each new channel is limited to Apple TV customers in the U.S. at its launch.
The latest version of Apple TV software also supported in hiding unwanted channels that were available. This feature could be used in the Settings option under the Main Menu.
But the users are waiting for the company to launch the newer version of Apple TV with more processing power, gesture control without a remote control and voice search technology with the addition of Siri. It may also have gaming controllers and the new Apple TV will support casual gaming as an additional core to the innovation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact Gets Certified For 23.0.1.A.1.43, Xperia Z3 Dual For 23.0.F.1.82
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including Hallow's End And The Latest Resolved Issues Regarding The 'WoW' User Interface, Classes, Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Gets A New Trailer And Hidden Demo Missions
- Check Out The ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection’ Ranking, New Anniversary Trailer And Level Walkthroughs
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists