Apple Adds 3 New Channels to Apple TV
By Naveena Joy | April 24, 2014 4:04 PM EST
Going against all odds, users have been waiting for the much rumored launch of new version of Apple TV.
The company has added three new channels to Apple TV: A&E, The History Channel and Lifetime, courtesy of A&E Networks and cable subscribers. The totting up of these three channels came to provide streaming apps to the users.
The logo of Sharp Corp is seen reflected on Apple Inc's MacBook Pro at an electronics store in Tokyo in this January 15, 2013 file photo. Apple Inc suppliers will begin mass producing displays as early as May 2014 for the next iPhone, expected to be launched this autumn, with a 4.7-inch screen likely to be produced first while a 5.5-inch version could be delayed, supply chain sources said. Japan Display Inc, Sharp Corp and South Korea's LG Display Co Ltd have all been tapped to make the screens, said the sources, who asked not to be identified.
Such users do have to log in with their cable or satellite providers to access the live streams and the demanding content that these channels offer. Like in other channels, you cannot access these new channels if the cable or satellite provider isn't the same. The providers supported in the rollout are limited to DirecTV, Verizon FiOS and Cablevision Optimum. But the networks said it would add more support for more providers soon.
Exclusively, these apps extended support to major providers that were not listed by Apple TV channels like Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable and Bright House. Live TV support appeared limited to iOS apps as Apple TV channels that will have new episodes a day after they are aired.
The networks have worked closely with Apple to launch its big three channels to Apple TV. That is the reason the channels featured full episodes from shows like Duck Dynasty, Bates Motel, Pawn Stars and American Pickers. Each new channel is limited to Apple TV customers in the U.S. at its launch.
The latest version of Apple TV software also supported in hiding unwanted channels that were available. This feature could be used in the Settings option under the Main Menu.
But the users are waiting for the company to launch the newer version of Apple TV with more processing power, gesture control without a remote control and voice search technology with the addition of Siri. It may also have gaming controllers and the new Apple TV will support casual gaming as an additional core to the innovation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports