Apple Adds 3 New Channels to Apple TV
By Naveena Joy | April 24, 2014 4:04 PM EST
Going against all odds, users have been waiting for the much rumored launch of new version of Apple TV.
The company has added three new channels to Apple TV: A&E, The History Channel and Lifetime, courtesy of A&E Networks and cable subscribers. The totting up of these three channels came to provide streaming apps to the users.
The logo of Sharp Corp is seen reflected on Apple Inc's MacBook Pro at an electronics store in Tokyo in this January 15, 2013 file photo. Apple Inc suppliers will begin mass producing displays as early as May 2014 for the next iPhone, expected to be launched this autumn, with a 4.7-inch screen likely to be produced first while a 5.5-inch version could be delayed, supply chain sources said. Japan Display Inc, Sharp Corp and South Korea's LG Display Co Ltd have all been tapped to make the screens, said the sources, who asked not to be identified.
Such users do have to log in with their cable or satellite providers to access the live streams and the demanding content that these channels offer. Like in other channels, you cannot access these new channels if the cable or satellite provider isn't the same. The providers supported in the rollout are limited to DirecTV, Verizon FiOS and Cablevision Optimum. But the networks said it would add more support for more providers soon.
Exclusively, these apps extended support to major providers that were not listed by Apple TV channels like Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable and Bright House. Live TV support appeared limited to iOS apps as Apple TV channels that will have new episodes a day after they are aired.
The networks have worked closely with Apple to launch its big three channels to Apple TV. That is the reason the channels featured full episodes from shows like Duck Dynasty, Bates Motel, Pawn Stars and American Pickers. Each new channel is limited to Apple TV customers in the U.S. at its launch.
The latest version of Apple TV software also supported in hiding unwanted channels that were available. This feature could be used in the Settings option under the Main Menu.
But the users are waiting for the company to launch the newer version of Apple TV with more processing power, gesture control without a remote control and voice search technology with the addition of Siri. It may also have gaming controllers and the new Apple TV will support casual gaming as an additional core to the innovation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks