Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Vevo Record Still Holds, One Direction’s ‘Story of My Life’ Didn't Conquer the Record
By Maychelle Ornos | April 24, 2014 3:27 PM EST
The battle is not yet over... at least between the Directioners and the Smilers! Vevo has recently announced that Miley Cyrus' video "Wrecking Ball" still holds the title for most views even when One Direction's "Story of My Life" had 12.3 million views in just 13 hours!
Harry Styles (R) of One Direction reacts after they were presented with the Brits Global Success award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014.
Many One Direction fans thought that victory was already theirs but VEVO burst their bubble when it announced that the former "Hannah Montana" star still holds the record. The five-some group was in high hopes in reclaiming the throne which Miley's controversial video took from them after its unbelievable 19.3 million views within 24 hours since its September 2013 premier, according to Entertainmentwise.
1D fans were in total outraged and took all their sentiments over social media. Some of them launched a Twitter feud against Miley's "Smilers."
Ignoring the bitter words of the former "The Voice" alumni, Miley instead thanked her supporters through her tweets with #WreckedTheRecord at the end. "Wrecking Ball" has officially beaten the @VEVO record" and "DONT STOP WATCHING WRECKING BALL WE HAVE 9 Hours More we can get the Views Higher!"
While many "Smilers" are celebrating over their victory, the "Directioners" are demanding a recount! They are standing up for Liam, Niall, Louis, Zayn, and Harry claiming that the video sharing site did not properly count the views.
The fans are even claiming that the actual views should be 21.7 million instead of 12.5M. They also accuse VEVO of a foul play, according to Sugar Scape.
Meanwhile, prior to this VEVO record issue the "Adore You" singer has postponed her "Bangerz" tour and was admitted in Kansas City hospital because of severe allergic reaction to a medication, her rep said to E! Online.
But good news is she is already out of the hospital. Her fans can be happy now that she has already been discharged and her concert tour will push through according to MTV.com.
As for the young lads, they are now in London busy for the first stop of their "Where We Are" concert in Sunderland this May. Directioners can also watch out for their third album which will be released on November.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand and Arya's Nymeria As Possible Ferocious Forces in New HBO Chapter
- The Bachelor 2014 Update: Nikki Ferrell Sparks Split News Amid Juan Pablo’s Cheating Reports; Find out the Truth
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People