Lok Sabha Polls 2014: Ajith, Vijay, Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan and other Stars Cast their Votes
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 24, 2014 3:13 PM EST
The voting for the sixth phase of the Lok Sabha polls (2014) has begun today (24 April). In what is being termed as the second biggest phase of the current elections, voting will be taking place in 117 constituencies across 11 states and one union territory.
Lok Sabha Polls 2014 (Reuters)
The 11 states include Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Assam, West Bengal, Rajasthan, Jharkhand, Jammu and Kashmir, while Puducherry being the union territory.
In Tamil Nadu, voting began as early as 7 a.m. for 39 constituencies such as Arakkonam, Arani, Chennai North, Chennai South, Chennai Central, Coimbatore, Cuddalore, Chidambaram, Dindigul, Dharmapuri, Erode, Kallakurichi, Kancheepuram, Karur, Kanniyakumari, Krishnagiri, Madurai, Mayiladuthurai, Nagapattinam, Namakkal, Nilgiris, Pollachi, Perambalur, Ramanathapuram, Sriperumbudur, Sivaganga, Salem, Tenkasi, Thanjavur, Theni, Thiruvallur, Thoothukkudi, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelveli, Tiruppur, Tiruvannamalai, Vellore, Viluppuram and Virudhunagar.
Besides politicians and the public, several Kollywood celebrities cast their votes in Chennai. Superstar Rajinikanth cast his vote at Stella Mary's college, while Kamal Haasan and his partner Gauthami visited the polling booth at El Dams road and voted. After exercising his vote, Kamal reportedly left for Bangalore to resume shooting for his upcoming film "Uttama Villain."
"Thala" Ajith, wife Shalini and his family members were among the firsts to visit the polling booth at Kottivakkam and cast their votes. To look at Ajith's pics, click HERE. "Ilayathalapathy" Vijay exercised his vote in Adayar. To look at Vijay's pictures, click HERE.
Apart from these stars, actor-cum-politician Kushboo, comedian Senthil, Prasanna, Jiiva also voted today.
"Anjaan" actor Suriya will reportedly be casting his vote today afternoon at T Nagar. Many other stars are also expected to vote during the course of the day.
The election commission of India is hoping for 80 percent turnout in the current elections in Tamil Nadu, reported the Times of India. The state will be witnessing an engrossing four-cornered fight between the AIADMK, DMK, Congress and the BJP-led NDA alliance.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nude Photo Leak: Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Hope Solo Latest Victims Of Hacking Attack, Twitter Explodes With Reactions 'Not' In Support Of Kardashian -- Reports
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional