Lok Sabha Polls 2014: Ajith, Vijay, Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan and other Stars Cast their Votes
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 24, 2014 3:13 PM EST
The voting for the sixth phase of the Lok Sabha polls (2014) has begun today (24 April). In what is being termed as the second biggest phase of the current elections, voting will be taking place in 117 constituencies across 11 states and one union territory.
Lok Sabha Polls 2014 (Reuters)
The 11 states include Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Assam, West Bengal, Rajasthan, Jharkhand, Jammu and Kashmir, while Puducherry being the union territory.
In Tamil Nadu, voting began as early as 7 a.m. for 39 constituencies such as Arakkonam, Arani, Chennai North, Chennai South, Chennai Central, Coimbatore, Cuddalore, Chidambaram, Dindigul, Dharmapuri, Erode, Kallakurichi, Kancheepuram, Karur, Kanniyakumari, Krishnagiri, Madurai, Mayiladuthurai, Nagapattinam, Namakkal, Nilgiris, Pollachi, Perambalur, Ramanathapuram, Sriperumbudur, Sivaganga, Salem, Tenkasi, Thanjavur, Theni, Thiruvallur, Thoothukkudi, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelveli, Tiruppur, Tiruvannamalai, Vellore, Viluppuram and Virudhunagar.
Besides politicians and the public, several Kollywood celebrities cast their votes in Chennai. Superstar Rajinikanth cast his vote at Stella Mary's college, while Kamal Haasan and his partner Gauthami visited the polling booth at El Dams road and voted. After exercising his vote, Kamal reportedly left for Bangalore to resume shooting for his upcoming film "Uttama Villain."
"Thala" Ajith, wife Shalini and his family members were among the firsts to visit the polling booth at Kottivakkam and cast their votes. To look at Ajith's pics, click HERE. "Ilayathalapathy" Vijay exercised his vote in Adayar. To look at Vijay's pictures, click HERE.
Apart from these stars, actor-cum-politician Kushboo, comedian Senthil, Prasanna, Jiiva also voted today.
"Anjaan" actor Suriya will reportedly be casting his vote today afternoon at T Nagar. Many other stars are also expected to vote during the course of the day.
The election commission of India is hoping for 80 percent turnout in the current elections in Tamil Nadu, reported the Times of India. The state will be witnessing an engrossing four-cornered fight between the AIADMK, DMK, Congress and the BJP-led NDA alliance.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak – New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers]
- 'Doctor Who' Casting News: 'GOT' Actress Rose Leslie Favoured To Play As 'Clara Oswald'
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display