Lok Sabha Polls 2014: Ajith, Vijay, Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan and other Stars Cast their Votes
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 24, 2014 3:13 PM EST
The voting for the sixth phase of the Lok Sabha polls (2014) has begun today (24 April). In what is being termed as the second biggest phase of the current elections, voting will be taking place in 117 constituencies across 11 states and one union territory.
Lok Sabha Polls 2014 (Reuters)
The 11 states include Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Assam, West Bengal, Rajasthan, Jharkhand, Jammu and Kashmir, while Puducherry being the union territory.
In Tamil Nadu, voting began as early as 7 a.m. for 39 constituencies such as Arakkonam, Arani, Chennai North, Chennai South, Chennai Central, Coimbatore, Cuddalore, Chidambaram, Dindigul, Dharmapuri, Erode, Kallakurichi, Kancheepuram, Karur, Kanniyakumari, Krishnagiri, Madurai, Mayiladuthurai, Nagapattinam, Namakkal, Nilgiris, Pollachi, Perambalur, Ramanathapuram, Sriperumbudur, Sivaganga, Salem, Tenkasi, Thanjavur, Theni, Thiruvallur, Thoothukkudi, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelveli, Tiruppur, Tiruvannamalai, Vellore, Viluppuram and Virudhunagar.
Besides politicians and the public, several Kollywood celebrities cast their votes in Chennai. Superstar Rajinikanth cast his vote at Stella Mary's college, while Kamal Haasan and his partner Gauthami visited the polling booth at El Dams road and voted. After exercising his vote, Kamal reportedly left for Bangalore to resume shooting for his upcoming film "Uttama Villain."
"Thala" Ajith, wife Shalini and his family members were among the firsts to visit the polling booth at Kottivakkam and cast their votes. To look at Ajith's pics, click HERE. "Ilayathalapathy" Vijay exercised his vote in Adayar. To look at Vijay's pictures, click HERE.
Apart from these stars, actor-cum-politician Kushboo, comedian Senthil, Prasanna, Jiiva also voted today.
"Anjaan" actor Suriya will reportedly be casting his vote today afternoon at T Nagar. Many other stars are also expected to vote during the course of the day.
The election commission of India is hoping for 80 percent turnout in the current elections in Tamil Nadu, reported the Times of India. The state will be witnessing an engrossing four-cornered fight between the AIADMK, DMK, Congress and the BJP-led NDA alliance.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports