Spirit, Air Canada, Virgin America Among Airlines With ‘Rudest’ Flight Attendants
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 24, 2014 3:12 PM EST
Air Canada is ranked second among the ones with rudest flight attendants, according to an informal survey.
Airfarewatchdog, an online blog, gave a list of 14 airlines to 3,400 frequent fliers and asked them to choose their pick. While the topper in the list of airlines with rudest flight attendants was Spirit - the low cost carrier in the U.S., Air Canada finished second in the list. Spirit was a clear winner with 26 per cent votes, while Air Canada got 14 per cent of the votes. Other airlines that got over five per cent of the votes include Virgin America, US Airways, United, Frontier and Allegiant.
A General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon fighter jet performs during an air display at the Farnborough Airshow in Farnborough in this file photo taken July 23, 2010. General Dynamics on Wednesday reported higher-than-expected quarterly earnings and revenue, and said a $10 billion order from Canada helped boost its backlog by 22 percent.
The other airlines which apparently managed to satisfy their customers with politeness and overall humility of their flight attendants included Southwest Airlines and Alaska. They received one per cent vote each. The survey results were analysed by how many passengers travelled from January 2013 to October 2013.
When CTV News got in touch with Air Canada spokesperson Angela Mah, she said that the airline would not comment on the "methodology used for the survey." Ms Mah, on the other hand, said that Air Canada had received various award for the services their flight attendants provide. The recognitions came from "official benchmarking" organisations from all over the world, she said. Mah also said that Air Canada had "monthly customer satisfaction surveys" done by an independent organisation. The surveys show that their "in-flight service satisfaction" continues "trending upwards," she claimed.
George Hobica, the founder of Airfarewatchdog, wrote on Huffington Post that most people apparently loved Virgin America. That is why it was surprising to see its name at the fourth position. He argued that flight attendants would respond courteously if a passenger treated them well. Mr Hobica, on the other hand, said that he did experience rude behaviour from one of the flight attendants when he travelled in the first class. USA Today wondered how Air Canada was ranked second in the "rudest" list as it said that Canadians were "supposed to be nice."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories