Spirit, Air Canada, Virgin America Among Airlines With ‘Rudest’ Flight Attendants
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 24, 2014 3:12 PM EST
Air Canada is ranked second among the ones with rudest flight attendants, according to an informal survey.
Airfarewatchdog, an online blog, gave a list of 14 airlines to 3,400 frequent fliers and asked them to choose their pick. While the topper in the list of airlines with rudest flight attendants was Spirit - the low cost carrier in the U.S., Air Canada finished second in the list. Spirit was a clear winner with 26 per cent votes, while Air Canada got 14 per cent of the votes. Other airlines that got over five per cent of the votes include Virgin America, US Airways, United, Frontier and Allegiant.
A General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon fighter jet performs during an air display at the Farnborough Airshow in Farnborough in this file photo taken July 23, 2010. General Dynamics on Wednesday reported higher-than-expected quarterly earnings and revenue, and said a $10 billion order from Canada helped boost its backlog by 22 percent.
The other airlines which apparently managed to satisfy their customers with politeness and overall humility of their flight attendants included Southwest Airlines and Alaska. They received one per cent vote each. The survey results were analysed by how many passengers travelled from January 2013 to October 2013.
When CTV News got in touch with Air Canada spokesperson Angela Mah, she said that the airline would not comment on the "methodology used for the survey." Ms Mah, on the other hand, said that Air Canada had received various award for the services their flight attendants provide. The recognitions came from "official benchmarking" organisations from all over the world, she said. Mah also said that Air Canada had "monthly customer satisfaction surveys" done by an independent organisation. The surveys show that their "in-flight service satisfaction" continues "trending upwards," she claimed.
George Hobica, the founder of Airfarewatchdog, wrote on Huffington Post that most people apparently loved Virgin America. That is why it was surprising to see its name at the fourth position. He argued that flight attendants would respond courteously if a passenger treated them well. Mr Hobica, on the other hand, said that he did experience rude behaviour from one of the flight attendants when he travelled in the first class. USA Today wondered how Air Canada was ranked second in the "rudest" list as it said that Canadians were "supposed to be nice."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Asia Has World’s Best & Worst Airports 2014 [Complete Lists]
- World’s Worst Tourist Destinations
- Gwyneth Paltrow To Attend Tasmania’s Tourism Event
- Tasmania Ranks No. 4 In Lonely Planet’s 'Top 10 Regions In The World To Visit In 2015' List
- MH370 Oct 23 Update: Public Reports Debris Washed Up In Australian Coastline
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop