'Splendour in the Grass' Music Festival' Review: Get to Know Other Indie Bands 'Two Door Cinema Club', 'Foster the People
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | April 24, 2014 3:09 PM EST
"Splendour in the Grass" announced recently its line-up of artists, and bands for the upcoming Music Festival this 2014. Among the already artists included in the list making headlines like the newly reformed "Outkast", Lily Allen, there are also numerous indie bands worthy of the line-up. "Foster the People", and "Two Door Cinema Club" will make their music resonate come July 2014's event.
Splendour in the Grass is an annual Australian festival celebrated since 2001 up to the present. Throughout the years of continuous annual celebration, it has already gained a following for music lovers. The music festival was since then anticipated by fans because of the numerous different artists, and bands it features every year.
Aside from the excitement of Outkast headlining the event, other bands that have recently made a name in the music industry will also make an appearance.
Foster the People will make a second appearance in "Splendour" since their first back in 2011. Foster the People is an American indie pop band formed in Los Angeles, California in 2009. Members consist of Mark Foster (vocals, and various instruments), Jacob Fink (bass and backing vocals), Mark Pontius (drums, percussion). Mark Foster originally named the band "Foster and the People" but due to being misheard by fans, Mark just went on with what they are known now as Foster the People.
In the year 2011, they have largely gained more fans and recognition musically with their hit track "Pumped Up Kicks". Then more songs were recognized upon release of their first album "Torches".
Their songs gave them much recognition as they ranked highly in "Billboard Hot 100", "Alternative", and "Rock Songs" chart in the U.S. Two Grammy awards were also awarded to the band.
Another Indie band joining the fray is the Two Door Cinema Club. The band was formed year 2007 and they originated from the Northern Irish regions of Bangor and Donaghadee, County Down. Members consist of Alex Trimble (vocals, rhythm guitar, beats, synths), Sam Halliday (lead guitar, backing vocals), and Kevin Baird (bass, backing vocals).
Their first album "Tourist History" was released on March 1, 2010. The following year, the band received the "Choice Music Prize" for Irish Album of the Year. Come their second album "Beacon" was released in September 2012, they quickly reached number one on the "Irish Album Chart" and number two in the "UK Albums Chart".
Their band's name was taken from Halliday's mispronunciation of the name of the local cinema, the "Tudor Cinema".
CREDIT:Two Door Cinema Club/ YouTube
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’