'Splendour in the Grass' Music Festival' Review: Get to Know Other Indie Bands 'Two Door Cinema Club', 'Foster the People
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | April 24, 2014 3:09 PM EST
"Splendour in the Grass" announced recently its line-up of artists, and bands for the upcoming Music Festival this 2014. Among the already artists included in the list making headlines like the newly reformed "Outkast", Lily Allen, there are also numerous indie bands worthy of the line-up. "Foster the People", and "Two Door Cinema Club" will make their music resonate come July 2014's event.
Splendour in the Grass is an annual Australian festival celebrated since 2001 up to the present. Throughout the years of continuous annual celebration, it has already gained a following for music lovers. The music festival was since then anticipated by fans because of the numerous different artists, and bands it features every year.
Aside from the excitement of Outkast headlining the event, other bands that have recently made a name in the music industry will also make an appearance.
Foster the People will make a second appearance in "Splendour" since their first back in 2011. Foster the People is an American indie pop band formed in Los Angeles, California in 2009. Members consist of Mark Foster (vocals, and various instruments), Jacob Fink (bass and backing vocals), Mark Pontius (drums, percussion). Mark Foster originally named the band "Foster and the People" but due to being misheard by fans, Mark just went on with what they are known now as Foster the People.
In the year 2011, they have largely gained more fans and recognition musically with their hit track "Pumped Up Kicks". Then more songs were recognized upon release of their first album "Torches".
Their songs gave them much recognition as they ranked highly in "Billboard Hot 100", "Alternative", and "Rock Songs" chart in the U.S. Two Grammy awards were also awarded to the band.
Another Indie band joining the fray is the Two Door Cinema Club. The band was formed year 2007 and they originated from the Northern Irish regions of Bangor and Donaghadee, County Down. Members consist of Alex Trimble (vocals, rhythm guitar, beats, synths), Sam Halliday (lead guitar, backing vocals), and Kevin Baird (bass, backing vocals).
Their first album "Tourist History" was released on March 1, 2010. The following year, the band received the "Choice Music Prize" for Irish Album of the Year. Come their second album "Beacon" was released in September 2012, they quickly reached number one on the "Irish Album Chart" and number two in the "UK Albums Chart".
Their band's name was taken from Halliday's mispronunciation of the name of the local cinema, the "Tudor Cinema".
CREDIT:Two Door Cinema Club/ YouTube
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft