‘The Bachelorette' 2014 Shocker: Andi Dorfman’s First Date Eric Hill Passes Away Following Paragliding Accident
By Keerthi Mohan | April 24, 2014 2:38 PM EST
In a first for dating reality show “The Bachelorette”, one of its contestants passed away following a tragic accident just weeks before the show was to air.
Eric Hill, a contestant who was vying to gain the affection of Andy Dorfman, the star of season 10 of “The Bachelor” died following a paragliding accident on Easter Sunday in Utah.
'Arrow' Season 2 Episode 20 Recap: Mirakuru Drug Makes Roy Go on Rampage, Oliver- Sara Make Love, Thea Cries on Moira's Dead Body
‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 10 Spoilers: April Accused of Robbing Cristina; Will her Marriage with Jackson Survive?
Hill was placed in a medically induced coma following a head injury when he suffered a partial parachute collape. Later his sister, Karen Tracy, announced through a Facebook post on Wednesday that her brother had died.
“Eric shared his final journey with us this morning as all his immediate family were able to be at his side when he passed away. Thank you to all of your love and support and prayers and fasting. It was amazing to be with so many of his friends and family yesterday in the hospital who came to express their love for Eric.
“He gave us such a gift of a life fully lived and fully shared, and allowed us all to be a part of his last adventure here on earth. It is hard to think of life without his bright spark, but we know he is on to new adventures. We look forward to carrying on his legacy here and greeting him joyfully again someday. I love you so much, little brother!” the message read.
Although Hill was Dorfman’s first one-on-one date on the dating reality show, he did not make it to the hometown dates. It is not immediately known when the avid sports enthusiast exited the show.
Before appearing on “The Bachelorette” Hill was in a quest to visit all 195 countries recognized by the United Nations. He had visited 50 countries in his first year of travelling and records of it can be found on his website Gowitheric.com.
Hill was also in the middle of working on his documentary when the accident occurred.
Meanwhile, it is not immediately known how ABC will handle Hill’s death when the upcoming season starts airing.
Season 10 of “The Bachelorette” will air on May 19.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2