Indian Markets Closed on Thursday for Elections
April 24, 2014 2:29 PM EST
Indian debt, currency and equity markets will be closed on Thursday as Mumbai takes part in the five-week long Parliament election process set to conclude in mid-May. Trading will resume on Friday.
The benchmark BSE Sensex gained 0.52 percent to close at 22,876.54 on Wednesday after earlier touching a record high of 22,912.52. The broader Nifty closed 0.37 percent higher at 6,840.80, after earlier touching an all-time high of 6,861.60.
The 10-year benchmark yield ended flat at 8.85 percent, while the partially convertible rupee closed at 61.07/08 per dollar compared with its close of 60.76/77 on Tuesday.r
Join the Conversation
- Japan’s Fukushima Badly Wants To Host 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- If ‘Selfie’ Was The Word Of The Year In 2013, Selfie Stick Is Top Christmas Gift In 2014
- Australian Economy ‘Out Of Luck’ And 40 Percent Chance Of Recession Says Gerard Minack--Report
- Putin Blames Russian Central Bank For Rouble Decline, Admits Lack Of Plan To Fix Economy
- Russian Prime Minister Meets Exporting Companies To Find Solutions To Falling Ruble