Indian Markets Closed on Thursday for Elections
April 24, 2014 2:29 PM EST
Indian debt, currency and equity markets will be closed on Thursday as Mumbai takes part in the five-week long Parliament election process set to conclude in mid-May. Trading will resume on Friday.
The benchmark BSE Sensex gained 0.52 percent to close at 22,876.54 on Wednesday after earlier touching a record high of 22,912.52. The broader Nifty closed 0.37 percent higher at 6,840.80, after earlier touching an all-time high of 6,861.60.
The 10-year benchmark yield ended flat at 8.85 percent, while the partially convertible rupee closed at 61.07/08 per dollar compared with its close of 60.76/77 on Tuesday.r
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2