Indian Markets Closed on Thursday for Elections
April 24, 2014 2:29 PM EST
Indian debt, currency and equity markets will be closed on Thursday as Mumbai takes part in the five-week long Parliament election process set to conclude in mid-May. Trading will resume on Friday.
The benchmark BSE Sensex gained 0.52 percent to close at 22,876.54 on Wednesday after earlier touching a record high of 22,912.52. The broader Nifty closed 0.37 percent higher at 6,840.80, after earlier touching an all-time high of 6,861.60.
The 10-year benchmark yield ended flat at 8.85 percent, while the partially convertible rupee closed at 61.07/08 per dollar compared with its close of 60.76/77 on Tuesday.r
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast