Buddy Franklin Sorry After Rose Day Car Crash
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 24, 2014 2:22 PM EST
AFL star Buddy Franklin crashed his girlfriend's car 4WD on Wednesday night after he lost control of the vehicle and crashed on a parking lot, damaging five other parked cars.
"I was driving in Rose Bay unfortunately I hit a car ... Luckily no-one was hurt and no-one was injured ... I'm deeply sorry for the inconvenience I've caused ... This is something that not anyone wants to go through. I don't want to see myself in the spotlight again. The immediate reaction is just shock. I was devastated. I'm just so thankful that no one was in the car with me," Franklin said.
The accident was somewhat fuzzy as there was no such specific cause that may lead to the accident. Franklin denied using a mobile phone and the police also ruled out alcohol use.
"I didn't see the car on the left hand side of the road ... It was just an accident," Franklin added.
This event, however, may cost dearly to Jessinta Campbell as this incident may cancel her position as an ambassador for Jeep Australia. A spokesperson from the Fiat Chrysler Group Australia told Sydney Herald that negative publicity may lead to the deal getting cancelled.
"It's probably a bit early to tell whether the incident will affect Jesinta's contract. We're still waiting for the police to finalise their investigation," the spokesperson said.
Franklin further confirmed his girlfriend's primary concern was on him and not the car.
"The car is the last thing on Jesinta's mind ... it's more about me," Franklin added.
Franklin was the sole occupant of the car when the crash took place. He was driving along the Rose Bay area when he lost control of his 4WD and rammed straight into a parking lot at around 7 pm.
Franklin was injured and was allowed to leave the scene after the incident.
The news came in light, when Craig McDonald, a resident of Rose Bay, posted pictures of the crash scene in Twitter and found Franklin talking to the police.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight