Buddy Franklin Sorry After Rose Day Car Crash
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 24, 2014 2:22 PM EST
AFL star Buddy Franklin crashed his girlfriend's car 4WD on Wednesday night after he lost control of the vehicle and crashed on a parking lot, damaging five other parked cars.
"I was driving in Rose Bay unfortunately I hit a car ... Luckily no-one was hurt and no-one was injured ... I'm deeply sorry for the inconvenience I've caused ... This is something that not anyone wants to go through. I don't want to see myself in the spotlight again. The immediate reaction is just shock. I was devastated. I'm just so thankful that no one was in the car with me," Franklin said.
The accident was somewhat fuzzy as there was no such specific cause that may lead to the accident. Franklin denied using a mobile phone and the police also ruled out alcohol use.
"I didn't see the car on the left hand side of the road ... It was just an accident," Franklin added.
This event, however, may cost dearly to Jessinta Campbell as this incident may cancel her position as an ambassador for Jeep Australia. A spokesperson from the Fiat Chrysler Group Australia told Sydney Herald that negative publicity may lead to the deal getting cancelled.
"It's probably a bit early to tell whether the incident will affect Jesinta's contract. We're still waiting for the police to finalise their investigation," the spokesperson said.
Franklin further confirmed his girlfriend's primary concern was on him and not the car.
"The car is the last thing on Jesinta's mind ... it's more about me," Franklin added.
Franklin was the sole occupant of the car when the crash took place. He was driving along the Rose Bay area when he lost control of his 4WD and rammed straight into a parking lot at around 7 pm.
Franklin was injured and was allowed to leave the scene after the incident.
The news came in light, when Craig McDonald, a resident of Rose Bay, posted pictures of the crash scene in Twitter and found Franklin talking to the police.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble