Buddy Franklin Sorry After Rose Day Car Crash
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 24, 2014 2:22 PM EST
AFL star Buddy Franklin crashed his girlfriend's car 4WD on Wednesday night after he lost control of the vehicle and crashed on a parking lot, damaging five other parked cars.
"I was driving in Rose Bay unfortunately I hit a car ... Luckily no-one was hurt and no-one was injured ... I'm deeply sorry for the inconvenience I've caused ... This is something that not anyone wants to go through. I don't want to see myself in the spotlight again. The immediate reaction is just shock. I was devastated. I'm just so thankful that no one was in the car with me," Franklin said.
The accident was somewhat fuzzy as there was no such specific cause that may lead to the accident. Franklin denied using a mobile phone and the police also ruled out alcohol use.
"I didn't see the car on the left hand side of the road ... It was just an accident," Franklin added.
This event, however, may cost dearly to Jessinta Campbell as this incident may cancel her position as an ambassador for Jeep Australia. A spokesperson from the Fiat Chrysler Group Australia told Sydney Herald that negative publicity may lead to the deal getting cancelled.
"It's probably a bit early to tell whether the incident will affect Jesinta's contract. We're still waiting for the police to finalise their investigation," the spokesperson said.
Franklin further confirmed his girlfriend's primary concern was on him and not the car.
"The car is the last thing on Jesinta's mind ... it's more about me," Franklin added.
Franklin was the sole occupant of the car when the crash took place. He was driving along the Rose Bay area when he lost control of his 4WD and rammed straight into a parking lot at around 7 pm.
Franklin was injured and was allowed to leave the scene after the incident.
The news came in light, when Craig McDonald, a resident of Rose Bay, posted pictures of the crash scene in Twitter and found Franklin talking to the police.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon