‘The Bachelorette’ Contestant Eric Hill Dies; Got First One-on-One Date with Andi Dorfman before Paragliding Accident, Producers Speak Out
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 24, 2014 2:11 PM EST
Condolences go out to the family and friends of "The Bachelorette" former contestant Eric Hill who after suffering injuries from a paragliding accident over the weekend reportedly passed away on Wednesday, April 23.
Earlier reports stated that the 30-year-old adventurer was "critically injured" after his parachute had collapsed while paragliding in Utah, and was then put in a medically induced coma.
Eric Hill was one of the contestants of the upcoming tenth season of The Bachelorette, which is still filming at present, but according to Us Weekly the 30-year-old adventurer had been definitely sent home prior to his death so it meant the accident didn't happen while filming Andi Dorfman's season of the popular reality show. Andi Dorfman was a fan favourite of "The Bachelor" Season 18.
The report confirmed that before Hill left the competition, he had on a first one-on-one date with Dorfman at a beach in Ventura, California. Hill and the 26-year-old assistant district attorney based in Atlanta were reportedly spotted at the California beach on March 14.
"They had a beach picnic," a witness told Us Weekly.
The news of Hill's untimely and tragic death had been sudden that it left the family and friends of Hill in deep mourning.
"We're all extremely saddened by this news. We enjoyed our time with Eric on the show," Chris Harrison, host of the show, told E! News. "My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends at this difficult time. He will be missed."
The producers of the show have also reportedly spoken out, echoing Harrison's sentiments regarding Eric Hill's death. According to the producers, they are thankful of Hill as he has "inspired" them with "his passion, his courage and his adventurer's spirit"
"On behalf of our cast, crews and producers, we send our love, our thoughts and our prayers to Eric's during this difficult time," the producers told the news team of E!
But it appears that Andi Dorfman still has no knowledge of what had happened to his former suitor on the show as she is currently on hometown dates with the remaining suitors and had has no outside world connection, E! Online reported.
Apparently, since the accident happened prior to the premiere of the new season of The Bachelorette on May 19, the producers were reportedly "still figuring out how to proceed."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage