‘The Bachelorette’ Contestant Eric Hill Dies; Got First One-on-One Date with Andi Dorfman before Paragliding Accident, Producers Speak Out
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 24, 2014 2:11 PM EST
Condolences go out to the family and friends of "The Bachelorette" former contestant Eric Hill who after suffering injuries from a paragliding accident over the weekend reportedly passed away on Wednesday, April 23.
Earlier reports stated that the 30-year-old adventurer was "critically injured" after his parachute had collapsed while paragliding in Utah, and was then put in a medically induced coma.
Eric Hill was one of the contestants of the upcoming tenth season of The Bachelorette, which is still filming at present, but according to Us Weekly the 30-year-old adventurer had been definitely sent home prior to his death so it meant the accident didn't happen while filming Andi Dorfman's season of the popular reality show. Andi Dorfman was a fan favourite of "The Bachelor" Season 18.
The report confirmed that before Hill left the competition, he had on a first one-on-one date with Dorfman at a beach in Ventura, California. Hill and the 26-year-old assistant district attorney based in Atlanta were reportedly spotted at the California beach on March 14.
"They had a beach picnic," a witness told Us Weekly.
The news of Hill's untimely and tragic death had been sudden that it left the family and friends of Hill in deep mourning.
"We're all extremely saddened by this news. We enjoyed our time with Eric on the show," Chris Harrison, host of the show, told E! News. "My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends at this difficult time. He will be missed."
The producers of the show have also reportedly spoken out, echoing Harrison's sentiments regarding Eric Hill's death. According to the producers, they are thankful of Hill as he has "inspired" them with "his passion, his courage and his adventurer's spirit"
"On behalf of our cast, crews and producers, we send our love, our thoughts and our prayers to Eric's during this difficult time," the producers told the news team of E!
But it appears that Andi Dorfman still has no knowledge of what had happened to his former suitor on the show as she is currently on hometown dates with the remaining suitors and had has no outside world connection, E! Online reported.
Apparently, since the accident happened prior to the premiere of the new season of The Bachelorette on May 19, the producers were reportedly "still figuring out how to proceed."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles