'Minecraft' 1.8 World Customisation Revealed in Trailer and a 'Bejeweled' Way to Enjoy 'Minecraft'
By Gel Galang | April 24, 2014 2:01 PM EST
"Minecraft" 1.8 is the awaited big update for the game. Mojang has just released a new video (below) depicting one of the major changes for customisation.
The customisation allows for the new terrain generator, which means that "Minecraft" players will have 16 new sliders to dictate the terrain, reports GameSpot. Gamers will also have the option of enabling and disabling some features like lava and water in the game.
Those who don't want to tinker too much with the game can also subscribe to the seven available presets that Mojang has already provided or find those that were already created by other players for their convenience.
"We've also supplied a set of seven presets that we think players will find interesting, including a world made of water up to the top of the map, and the return of floating islands," said the developer at the TeamMojang YouTube account.
Another Change Coming: Name Changing
For those who are not aware, another one of the big changes for "Minecraft" 1.8 update includes the ability to change a character's name. Apparently, this is one of the requested features for the game since it started. Now, Mojang is answering the fan request.
According to Venture Beat, even though the names can now change, unique user IDs will remain, so players don't have to worry about losing their status and becoming banned or whitelisted if they weren't before.
For now, the already released 1.7.6 update only has the support feature, with the actual name-change feature dropping once the "Minecraft" 1.8 is released. And as far as name changing goes, Mojang does want players the freedom to do this, but not too much freedom that there will be too many instances of change in such a short period of time for one user.
BlingJeweled: 'Minecraft' Goes Into Matching Territory
After adaptations of the likes of "Titanfall" via the Ironfall mod as well as a parody in "The Simpsons," it's actually surprising that an homage to "Bejeweled"—one of the original games that sprouted the more well-known games like "Candy Crush Saga" and other matching games—has just arrived in "Minecraft."
Featured in Minecraft Forums and created by SethBling, the BlingJeweled for "Minecraft" can now be downloaded so gamers can play the matching game with stones from "Minecraft," like the redstone dust, coal, emerald and diamond gem.
According to Minecraft Forum, gamers can play Blingjeweled on their inventory, though they should not expect a scoreboard, as it's not present in the version of the game.
Interested gamers can download BlingJeweled from this link.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying