'Minecraft' 1.8 World Customisation Revealed in Trailer and a 'Bejeweled' Way to Enjoy 'Minecraft'
By Gel Galang | April 24, 2014 2:01 PM EST
"Minecraft" 1.8 is the awaited big update for the game. Mojang has just released a new video (below) depicting one of the major changes for customisation.
The customisation allows for the new terrain generator, which means that "Minecraft" players will have 16 new sliders to dictate the terrain, reports GameSpot. Gamers will also have the option of enabling and disabling some features like lava and water in the game.
Those who don't want to tinker too much with the game can also subscribe to the seven available presets that Mojang has already provided or find those that were already created by other players for their convenience.
"We've also supplied a set of seven presets that we think players will find interesting, including a world made of water up to the top of the map, and the return of floating islands," said the developer at the TeamMojang YouTube account.
Another Change Coming: Name Changing
For those who are not aware, another one of the big changes for "Minecraft" 1.8 update includes the ability to change a character's name. Apparently, this is one of the requested features for the game since it started. Now, Mojang is answering the fan request.
According to Venture Beat, even though the names can now change, unique user IDs will remain, so players don't have to worry about losing their status and becoming banned or whitelisted if they weren't before.
For now, the already released 1.7.6 update only has the support feature, with the actual name-change feature dropping once the "Minecraft" 1.8 is released. And as far as name changing goes, Mojang does want players the freedom to do this, but not too much freedom that there will be too many instances of change in such a short period of time for one user.
BlingJeweled: 'Minecraft' Goes Into Matching Territory
After adaptations of the likes of "Titanfall" via the Ironfall mod as well as a parody in "The Simpsons," it's actually surprising that an homage to "Bejeweled"—one of the original games that sprouted the more well-known games like "Candy Crush Saga" and other matching games—has just arrived in "Minecraft."
Featured in Minecraft Forums and created by SethBling, the BlingJeweled for "Minecraft" can now be downloaded so gamers can play the matching game with stones from "Minecraft," like the redstone dust, coal, emerald and diamond gem.
According to Minecraft Forum, gamers can play Blingjeweled on their inventory, though they should not expect a scoreboard, as it's not present in the version of the game.
Interested gamers can download BlingJeweled from this link.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- ‘Minecraft’ Buyout By Microsoft Complete as Mojang's Notch Says His Farewell
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet