'Minecraft' 1.8 World Customisation Revealed in Trailer and a 'Bejeweled' Way to Enjoy 'Minecraft'
By Gel Galang | April 24, 2014 2:01 PM EST
"Minecraft" 1.8 is the awaited big update for the game. Mojang has just released a new video (below) depicting one of the major changes for customisation.
The customisation allows for the new terrain generator, which means that "Minecraft" players will have 16 new sliders to dictate the terrain, reports GameSpot. Gamers will also have the option of enabling and disabling some features like lava and water in the game.
Those who don't want to tinker too much with the game can also subscribe to the seven available presets that Mojang has already provided or find those that were already created by other players for their convenience.
"We've also supplied a set of seven presets that we think players will find interesting, including a world made of water up to the top of the map, and the return of floating islands," said the developer at the TeamMojang YouTube account.
Another Change Coming: Name Changing
For those who are not aware, another one of the big changes for "Minecraft" 1.8 update includes the ability to change a character's name. Apparently, this is one of the requested features for the game since it started. Now, Mojang is answering the fan request.
According to Venture Beat, even though the names can now change, unique user IDs will remain, so players don't have to worry about losing their status and becoming banned or whitelisted if they weren't before.
For now, the already released 1.7.6 update only has the support feature, with the actual name-change feature dropping once the "Minecraft" 1.8 is released. And as far as name changing goes, Mojang does want players the freedom to do this, but not too much freedom that there will be too many instances of change in such a short period of time for one user.
BlingJeweled: 'Minecraft' Goes Into Matching Territory
After adaptations of the likes of "Titanfall" via the Ironfall mod as well as a parody in "The Simpsons," it's actually surprising that an homage to "Bejeweled"—one of the original games that sprouted the more well-known games like "Candy Crush Saga" and other matching games—has just arrived in "Minecraft."
Featured in Minecraft Forums and created by SethBling, the BlingJeweled for "Minecraft" can now be downloaded so gamers can play the matching game with stones from "Minecraft," like the redstone dust, coal, emerald and diamond gem.
According to Minecraft Forum, gamers can play Blingjeweled on their inventory, though they should not expect a scoreboard, as it's not present in the version of the game.
Interested gamers can download BlingJeweled from this link.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports