Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS Update Roll Out in May; Carriers to Receive Later
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 24, 2014 2:01 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Meanwhile, the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean was still rolling out to users. It seemed that as if all the Galaxy Note 2 smartphones will be updated to Jelly Bean so Samsung can start rolling out the KitKat OS for the device.
The report continued with the list of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 models that will receive the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS update. These are: International GT-N7100, China Unicom Gt-N7102, International GT-N7105, China Mobile GT-N7108, Verizon SCH-i605, US Cellular SCH-R950, AT&T SGH-i317, Bell, Rogers, SaskTel and Telus SGH-i317M, T-Mobile SGH-T889, Mobilicity, Videotron and WIND SGH-T889V, Sprint SPH-L900, China Telecom SCH-N719, NTT DoCoMo SGH-N025, KT SHV-E250K, LG U+ SHV-E250L, and SK Telecom SHV-E250S.
However, the roll out will be gradual as Samsung will have to send the 4.4.2 Kitkat update to carriers for certification, which may take quite a while and will be dependent to carrier's own speed of roll out. Thus, it is expected that not all devices will have the update by the end of May and it could take months.
On the other hand, Google is already prepping for the release of the last Kitkat update, which is dubbed as 4.4.3 version. This version aimed to fix some of the issues and bugs brought about by previous version. Furthermore, the company was also working on the alleged next generation of Android mobile software purported as 4.5 Lollipop. However, Google has not confirmed any of these rumours yet. But if reports proved to be true, Samsung devices will be trailing behind the Android updates.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles