Hefty Cash Reward for Anyone Who Can Knockout Ronda Rousey
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 24, 2014 1:58 PM EST
A cash reward worth $5 thousand dollars will be given away by mixed martial arts (MMA) apparel brand Americana for anyone who can knockout Ronda Rousey.
Americana will give $5k to the first fighter that knocks out Ronda Rousey.
It all started on Twitter, but Fox Sports was one of the first news outlets to report the bulletin. Apparently, Rousey has dared Cris Cyborg for a fight, and she said some nasty comments. Rousey alleged that Cyborg has been using steroids for a long period of time. She even made further offensive remark saying that Cyborg is no longer a woman because of her steroid use, and she should be called an "it."
According to Rousey, she has no qualms fighting Cyborg. She said that she will only fight her because she wants to and it's her personal decision. She revealed that she also doesn't care if she's using steroid. What Rousey is worried about is the harm that Cyborg's alleged steroid use will bring to the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). She said it is not good for the UFC Women's Division.
"The division could die," said Rousey. "She could ruin the whole sport," she added.
Regarding the $5,000 cash reward, Fox Sports tried to reach out to Americana. However, Americana's owner, Peter Giannoulis, remained elusive for an interview, but he didn't bother to air his frustrations on Rousey through Twitter.
Too many yes people around Ronda Rousey. Somebody needs to step in and tell her to grow up. Her recent statements against Cyborg are wrong.— Americana (@americanamma) April 19, 2014
@mmaencyclopedia and then she claims that cyborg isn't good for the sport. I think she's need to question whether she's good for the sport.— Americana (@americanamma) April 19, 2014
Keep unfollowing Ronda nuthuggers. We don't want you here if you're going to support her statements.— Americana (@americanamma) April 19, 2014
The Ronda fans are saying that we're not their most favorite brand now. I'm sorry for not defending your champ. Wait, no I'm not. Fuck you.— Americana (@americanamma) April 19, 2014
Rousey will try to defend her UFC Bantamweight Title against Alexis Davis on July 5 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015