Hefty Cash Reward for Anyone Who Can Knockout Ronda Rousey
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 24, 2014 1:58 PM EST
A cash reward worth $5 thousand dollars will be given away by mixed martial arts (MMA) apparel brand Americana for anyone who can knockout Ronda Rousey.
Americana will give $5k to the first fighter that knocks out Ronda Rousey.
It all started on Twitter, but Fox Sports was one of the first news outlets to report the bulletin. Apparently, Rousey has dared Cris Cyborg for a fight, and she said some nasty comments. Rousey alleged that Cyborg has been using steroids for a long period of time. She even made further offensive remark saying that Cyborg is no longer a woman because of her steroid use, and she should be called an "it."
According to Rousey, she has no qualms fighting Cyborg. She said that she will only fight her because she wants to and it's her personal decision. She revealed that she also doesn't care if she's using steroid. What Rousey is worried about is the harm that Cyborg's alleged steroid use will bring to the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). She said it is not good for the UFC Women's Division.
"The division could die," said Rousey. "She could ruin the whole sport," she added.
Regarding the $5,000 cash reward, Fox Sports tried to reach out to Americana. However, Americana's owner, Peter Giannoulis, remained elusive for an interview, but he didn't bother to air his frustrations on Rousey through Twitter.
Too many yes people around Ronda Rousey. Somebody needs to step in and tell her to grow up. Her recent statements against Cyborg are wrong.— Americana (@americanamma) April 19, 2014
@mmaencyclopedia and then she claims that cyborg isn't good for the sport. I think she's need to question whether she's good for the sport.— Americana (@americanamma) April 19, 2014
Keep unfollowing Ronda nuthuggers. We don't want you here if you're going to support her statements.— Americana (@americanamma) April 19, 2014
The Ronda fans are saying that we're not their most favorite brand now. I'm sorry for not defending your champ. Wait, no I'm not. Fuck you.— Americana (@americanamma) April 19, 2014
Rousey will try to defend her UFC Bantamweight Title against Alexis Davis on July 5 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News: Pacquiao And Mayweather Might Meet 'In The First Six Months Of Next Year' - Bob Arum
- Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Considers Ditching Jessica Sanchez To Sing Philippine National Anthem In Favour Of Born-Again Pastors; Stallone & Schwarzenegger to Watch Bout
- Michael Phelps' Lover Reveals She Was Born Intersex In Lengthy Facebook Post
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports