Hefty Cash Reward for Anyone Who Can Knockout Ronda Rousey
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 24, 2014 1:58 PM EST
A cash reward worth $5 thousand dollars will be given away by mixed martial arts (MMA) apparel brand Americana for anyone who can knockout Ronda Rousey.
Americana will give $5k to the first fighter that knocks out Ronda Rousey.
It all started on Twitter, but Fox Sports was one of the first news outlets to report the bulletin. Apparently, Rousey has dared Cris Cyborg for a fight, and she said some nasty comments. Rousey alleged that Cyborg has been using steroids for a long period of time. She even made further offensive remark saying that Cyborg is no longer a woman because of her steroid use, and she should be called an "it."
According to Rousey, she has no qualms fighting Cyborg. She said that she will only fight her because she wants to and it's her personal decision. She revealed that she also doesn't care if she's using steroid. What Rousey is worried about is the harm that Cyborg's alleged steroid use will bring to the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). She said it is not good for the UFC Women's Division.
"The division could die," said Rousey. "She could ruin the whole sport," she added.
Regarding the $5,000 cash reward, Fox Sports tried to reach out to Americana. However, Americana's owner, Peter Giannoulis, remained elusive for an interview, but he didn't bother to air his frustrations on Rousey through Twitter.
Too many yes people around Ronda Rousey. Somebody needs to step in and tell her to grow up. Her recent statements against Cyborg are wrong.— Americana (@americanamma) April 19, 2014
@mmaencyclopedia and then she claims that cyborg isn't good for the sport. I think she's need to question whether she's good for the sport.— Americana (@americanamma) April 19, 2014
Keep unfollowing Ronda nuthuggers. We don't want you here if you're going to support her statements.— Americana (@americanamma) April 19, 2014
The Ronda fans are saying that we're not their most favorite brand now. I'm sorry for not defending your champ. Wait, no I'm not. Fuck you.— Americana (@americanamma) April 19, 2014
Rousey will try to defend her UFC Bantamweight Title against Alexis Davis on July 5 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage