Maria Sharapova Stars in a New Nike Ad with BF Grigor Dimitrov
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 24, 2014 12:35 PM EST
Maria Sharapova stars in a new Nike advertisement with her boyfriend Grigor Dimitrov, along with some of the biggest names in the sporting world.
Russian tennis player Maria Sharapova holds the Olympic flame during the opening ceremony of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games February 7, 2014. REUTERS/Brian Snyder
Aside from the tennis couple Sharapova and Dimitrov, the new commercial features Rafael Nadal, Paul Rodriguez, Sydney Leroux, and Skylar Diggins. It showcases the Nike Tech Pack clothing line. Here's another version of the advertisement with Jon Jones, Rory McIlroy, Li Na, Serena Williams, Neymar, Adrien Peterson and Matt Kemp, among many others, making appearances. The Nike Tech Pack offers a wide range of benefits such as "being lightweight, breathability, and durability" as described on its official Web site. The new collection, deemed as the "Hyperfuse Collection," allows the wearer to feel cool and comfortable because of its bonded ripstop fabric, allowing air to move through it, perfect sportswear just in time for the summer.
Sharapova at the 2014 Porsche Tennis Grand Prix
Sharapova is currently participating in the 2014 Porsche Tennis Grand Prix at Stuttgart, Germany. The Russian athlete, who just celebrated her 27th birthday, needed nearly three and a half hours to snag her 100th clay victory, beating Czech Lucie Safarova in two out of three straight sets 7-6 (5), 6-7 (5). She will face fellow Russian Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova next.
Sharapova is looking at snagging her third title in the said tournament, after having had won consecutively in the last two years.
Prior to the tournament, Sharapova unveiled the latest creation of her side hustle candy business Sugarpova. The new flavour called "Speedy" was uncovered to the public in time for her birthday at Stuttgart. The candies resemble the shape of Porsche 911, with which she serves as an ambassador. Speaking to Porsche.com, Sharapova revealed that she had always fancied the Porsche 911 car because it has a perfect shape. She said that she was ecstatic that she was able to do something exciting with for the luxury brand of car that she endorses.
"As an ambassador of the brand, it's thrilling for me to combine my passions in such a totally unexpected and exciting way," claimed Sharapova.
Sharapova is the first global ambassador of Porsche. When she won the 2012 Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, she reportedly took home a Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet along with her prize money.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR - Preview and Live Streaming Link
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Mayweather To Add $32 Million To Wealth Regardless Of Result Of Maidana Rematch
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List