Maria Sharapova Stars in a New Nike Ad with BF Grigor Dimitrov
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 24, 2014 12:35 PM EST
Maria Sharapova stars in a new Nike advertisement with her boyfriend Grigor Dimitrov, along with some of the biggest names in the sporting world.
Russian tennis player Maria Sharapova holds the Olympic flame during the opening ceremony of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games February 7, 2014. REUTERS/Brian Snyder
Aside from the tennis couple Sharapova and Dimitrov, the new commercial features Rafael Nadal, Paul Rodriguez, Sydney Leroux, and Skylar Diggins. It showcases the Nike Tech Pack clothing line. Here's another version of the advertisement with Jon Jones, Rory McIlroy, Li Na, Serena Williams, Neymar, Adrien Peterson and Matt Kemp, among many others, making appearances. The Nike Tech Pack offers a wide range of benefits such as "being lightweight, breathability, and durability" as described on its official Web site. The new collection, deemed as the "Hyperfuse Collection," allows the wearer to feel cool and comfortable because of its bonded ripstop fabric, allowing air to move through it, perfect sportswear just in time for the summer.
Sharapova at the 2014 Porsche Tennis Grand Prix
Sharapova is currently participating in the 2014 Porsche Tennis Grand Prix at Stuttgart, Germany. The Russian athlete, who just celebrated her 27th birthday, needed nearly three and a half hours to snag her 100th clay victory, beating Czech Lucie Safarova in two out of three straight sets 7-6 (5), 6-7 (5). She will face fellow Russian Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova next.
Sharapova is looking at snagging her third title in the said tournament, after having had won consecutively in the last two years.
Prior to the tournament, Sharapova unveiled the latest creation of her side hustle candy business Sugarpova. The new flavour called "Speedy" was uncovered to the public in time for her birthday at Stuttgart. The candies resemble the shape of Porsche 911, with which she serves as an ambassador. Speaking to Porsche.com, Sharapova revealed that she had always fancied the Porsche 911 car because it has a perfect shape. She said that she was ecstatic that she was able to do something exciting with for the luxury brand of car that she endorses.
"As an ambassador of the brand, it's thrilling for me to combine my passions in such a totally unexpected and exciting way," claimed Sharapova.
Sharapova is the first global ambassador of Porsche. When she won the 2012 Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, she reportedly took home a Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet along with her prize money.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 US Open Round of 16: Grigor Dimitrov vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leaked on Find My iPhone, Apple 'Outraged' But Says Systems 'Not Breached'
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged