Maria Sharapova Stars in a New Nike Ad with BF Grigor Dimitrov
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 24, 2014 12:35 PM EST
Maria Sharapova stars in a new Nike advertisement with her boyfriend Grigor Dimitrov, along with some of the biggest names in the sporting world.
Russian tennis player Maria Sharapova holds the Olympic flame during the opening ceremony of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games February 7, 2014. REUTERS/Brian Snyder
Aside from the tennis couple Sharapova and Dimitrov, the new commercial features Rafael Nadal, Paul Rodriguez, Sydney Leroux, and Skylar Diggins. It showcases the Nike Tech Pack clothing line. Here's another version of the advertisement with Jon Jones, Rory McIlroy, Li Na, Serena Williams, Neymar, Adrien Peterson and Matt Kemp, among many others, making appearances. The Nike Tech Pack offers a wide range of benefits such as "being lightweight, breathability, and durability" as described on its official Web site. The new collection, deemed as the "Hyperfuse Collection," allows the wearer to feel cool and comfortable because of its bonded ripstop fabric, allowing air to move through it, perfect sportswear just in time for the summer.
Sharapova at the 2014 Porsche Tennis Grand Prix
Sharapova is currently participating in the 2014 Porsche Tennis Grand Prix at Stuttgart, Germany. The Russian athlete, who just celebrated her 27th birthday, needed nearly three and a half hours to snag her 100th clay victory, beating Czech Lucie Safarova in two out of three straight sets 7-6 (5), 6-7 (5). She will face fellow Russian Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova next.
Sharapova is looking at snagging her third title in the said tournament, after having had won consecutively in the last two years.
Prior to the tournament, Sharapova unveiled the latest creation of her side hustle candy business Sugarpova. The new flavour called "Speedy" was uncovered to the public in time for her birthday at Stuttgart. The candies resemble the shape of Porsche 911, with which she serves as an ambassador. Speaking to Porsche.com, Sharapova revealed that she had always fancied the Porsche 911 car because it has a perfect shape. She said that she was ecstatic that she was able to do something exciting with for the luxury brand of car that she endorses.
"As an ambassador of the brand, it's thrilling for me to combine my passions in such a totally unexpected and exciting way," claimed Sharapova.
Sharapova is the first global ambassador of Porsche. When she won the 2012 Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, she reportedly took home a Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet along with her prize money.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop