Maria Sharapova Stars in a New Nike Ad with BF Grigor Dimitrov
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 24, 2014 12:35 PM EST
Maria Sharapova stars in a new Nike advertisement with her boyfriend Grigor Dimitrov, along with some of the biggest names in the sporting world.
Russian tennis player Maria Sharapova holds the Olympic flame during the opening ceremony of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games February 7, 2014. REUTERS/Brian Snyder
Aside from the tennis couple Sharapova and Dimitrov, the new commercial features Rafael Nadal, Paul Rodriguez, Sydney Leroux, and Skylar Diggins. It showcases the Nike Tech Pack clothing line. Here's another version of the advertisement with Jon Jones, Rory McIlroy, Li Na, Serena Williams, Neymar, Adrien Peterson and Matt Kemp, among many others, making appearances. The Nike Tech Pack offers a wide range of benefits such as "being lightweight, breathability, and durability" as described on its official Web site. The new collection, deemed as the "Hyperfuse Collection," allows the wearer to feel cool and comfortable because of its bonded ripstop fabric, allowing air to move through it, perfect sportswear just in time for the summer.
Sharapova at the 2014 Porsche Tennis Grand Prix
Sharapova is currently participating in the 2014 Porsche Tennis Grand Prix at Stuttgart, Germany. The Russian athlete, who just celebrated her 27th birthday, needed nearly three and a half hours to snag her 100th clay victory, beating Czech Lucie Safarova in two out of three straight sets 7-6 (5), 6-7 (5). She will face fellow Russian Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova next.
Sharapova is looking at snagging her third title in the said tournament, after having had won consecutively in the last two years.
Prior to the tournament, Sharapova unveiled the latest creation of her side hustle candy business Sugarpova. The new flavour called "Speedy" was uncovered to the public in time for her birthday at Stuttgart. The candies resemble the shape of Porsche 911, with which she serves as an ambassador. Speaking to Porsche.com, Sharapova revealed that she had always fancied the Porsche 911 car because it has a perfect shape. She said that she was ecstatic that she was able to do something exciting with for the luxury brand of car that she endorses.
"As an ambassador of the brand, it's thrilling for me to combine my passions in such a totally unexpected and exciting way," claimed Sharapova.
Sharapova is the first global ambassador of Porsche. When she won the 2012 Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, she reportedly took home a Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet along with her prize money.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Better Market Your Uranium Someplace Else, Japan Appetite No Longer Huge as Before – Former PM Tells Australia Queensland Premier Campbell Newman