Maria Sharapova Stars in a New Nike Ad with BF Grigor Dimitrov
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 24, 2014 12:35 PM EST
Maria Sharapova stars in a new Nike advertisement with her boyfriend Grigor Dimitrov, along with some of the biggest names in the sporting world.
Russian tennis player Maria Sharapova holds the Olympic flame during the opening ceremony of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games February 7, 2014. REUTERS/Brian Snyder
Aside from the tennis couple Sharapova and Dimitrov, the new commercial features Rafael Nadal, Paul Rodriguez, Sydney Leroux, and Skylar Diggins. It showcases the Nike Tech Pack clothing line. Here's another version of the advertisement with Jon Jones, Rory McIlroy, Li Na, Serena Williams, Neymar, Adrien Peterson and Matt Kemp, among many others, making appearances. The Nike Tech Pack offers a wide range of benefits such as "being lightweight, breathability, and durability" as described on its official Web site. The new collection, deemed as the "Hyperfuse Collection," allows the wearer to feel cool and comfortable because of its bonded ripstop fabric, allowing air to move through it, perfect sportswear just in time for the summer.
Sharapova at the 2014 Porsche Tennis Grand Prix
Sharapova is currently participating in the 2014 Porsche Tennis Grand Prix at Stuttgart, Germany. The Russian athlete, who just celebrated her 27th birthday, needed nearly three and a half hours to snag her 100th clay victory, beating Czech Lucie Safarova in two out of three straight sets 7-6 (5), 6-7 (5). She will face fellow Russian Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova next.
Sharapova is looking at snagging her third title in the said tournament, after having had won consecutively in the last two years.
Prior to the tournament, Sharapova unveiled the latest creation of her side hustle candy business Sugarpova. The new flavour called "Speedy" was uncovered to the public in time for her birthday at Stuttgart. The candies resemble the shape of Porsche 911, with which she serves as an ambassador. Speaking to Porsche.com, Sharapova revealed that she had always fancied the Porsche 911 car because it has a perfect shape. She said that she was ecstatic that she was able to do something exciting with for the luxury brand of car that she endorses.
"As an ambassador of the brand, it's thrilling for me to combine my passions in such a totally unexpected and exciting way," claimed Sharapova.
Sharapova is the first global ambassador of Porsche. When she won the 2012 Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, she reportedly took home a Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet along with her prize money.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install
- Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- LG G3 To Debut Moon Violet and Burgundy Red Shades in August; Upcoming LG Devices Roundup