Miami Heat Wins Game 2, 101-197, Takes 2-0 Lead Over Charlotte Bobcats
By James Patrick Quizon | April 24, 2014 12:27 PM EST
The Miami Heat knew the Charlotte Bobcats will be fighting despite the latter’s best player’s injury problems. They took care of business at home winning 101-97 in Game 2 on Wednesday to grab a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven series.
NBA: Playoffs-Charlotte Bobcats at Miami Heat
LeBron James continued his domination of the Bobcats scoring 32 points whilst adding 6 rebounds, 8 assists and 4 steals. Chris Bosh added 20 markers, 5 boards and 2 blocked shots for Miami, which led by 10 points at halftime.
The Bobcats fought back in the second half to make the game more interesting. Charlotte cut the lead to three points with 1:42 to go in the game and then to a solitary point with 11 seconds to go. After a pair of made free throws from LeBron, the Bobcats had a chance to tie it but was forced into a turnover.
Still it was a good effort from Charlotte, which had four starters in double-figure scoring. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist top-scored for the team with 22 points while a clearly not healthy Al Jefferson still finished with 18 points and 13 rebounds. Kemba Walker had 16 points and 8 assists and Gerald Henderson added 15 markers.
Miami was off to a fast start and threatened to blow the game wide open very early. The Heat led 29-19 after the first quarter.
The Heat had more turnovers than the Bobcats, 17-13 but won the hustle board: 9-5 in steals and 6-2 in blocked shots.
The series shifts to Charlotte on Saturday for Game 3.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots