Miami Heat Wins Game 2, 101-197, Takes 2-0 Lead Over Charlotte Bobcats
By James Patrick Quizon | April 24, 2014 12:27 PM EST
The Miami Heat knew the Charlotte Bobcats will be fighting despite the latter’s best player’s injury problems. They took care of business at home winning 101-97 in Game 2 on Wednesday to grab a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven series.
NBA: Playoffs-Charlotte Bobcats at Miami Heat
LeBron James continued his domination of the Bobcats scoring 32 points whilst adding 6 rebounds, 8 assists and 4 steals. Chris Bosh added 20 markers, 5 boards and 2 blocked shots for Miami, which led by 10 points at halftime.
The Bobcats fought back in the second half to make the game more interesting. Charlotte cut the lead to three points with 1:42 to go in the game and then to a solitary point with 11 seconds to go. After a pair of made free throws from LeBron, the Bobcats had a chance to tie it but was forced into a turnover.
Still it was a good effort from Charlotte, which had four starters in double-figure scoring. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist top-scored for the team with 22 points while a clearly not healthy Al Jefferson still finished with 18 points and 13 rebounds. Kemba Walker had 16 points and 8 assists and Gerald Henderson added 15 markers.
Miami was off to a fast start and threatened to blow the game wide open very early. The Heat led 29-19 after the first quarter.
The Heat had more turnovers than the Bobcats, 17-13 but won the hustle board: 9-5 in steals and 6-2 in blocked shots.
The series shifts to Charlotte on Saturday for Game 3.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier