Miami Heat Wins Game 2, 101-197, Takes 2-0 Lead Over Charlotte Bobcats
By James Patrick Quizon | April 24, 2014 12:27 PM EST
The Miami Heat knew the Charlotte Bobcats will be fighting despite the latter’s best player’s injury problems. They took care of business at home winning 101-97 in Game 2 on Wednesday to grab a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven series.
NBA: Playoffs-Charlotte Bobcats at Miami Heat
LeBron James continued his domination of the Bobcats scoring 32 points whilst adding 6 rebounds, 8 assists and 4 steals. Chris Bosh added 20 markers, 5 boards and 2 blocked shots for Miami, which led by 10 points at halftime.
The Bobcats fought back in the second half to make the game more interesting. Charlotte cut the lead to three points with 1:42 to go in the game and then to a solitary point with 11 seconds to go. After a pair of made free throws from LeBron, the Bobcats had a chance to tie it but was forced into a turnover.
Still it was a good effort from Charlotte, which had four starters in double-figure scoring. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist top-scored for the team with 22 points while a clearly not healthy Al Jefferson still finished with 18 points and 13 rebounds. Kemba Walker had 16 points and 8 assists and Gerald Henderson added 15 markers.
Miami was off to a fast start and threatened to blow the game wide open very early. The Heat led 29-19 after the first quarter.
The Heat had more turnovers than the Bobcats, 17-13 but won the hustle board: 9-5 in steals and 6-2 in blocked shots.
The series shifts to Charlotte on Saturday for Game 3.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight