NBA Playoffs – West First Round, Game 2: Portland Trail Blazers vs. Houston Rockets Live Streaming and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | April 24, 2014 10:50 AM EST
If the Houston Rockets can’t contain LaMarcus Aldridge and Damian Lillard, this best-of-seven affair could be a short one in favor of the Portland Trail Blazers. James Harden, Dwight Howard and the rest of the Rockets host the Blazers for Game 2 of the series hoping to bounce back and avoid a 0-2 hole before the series shifts to Portland.
NBA: Playoffs-Portland Trail Blazers at Houston Rockets
The Blazers beat the Rockets, 122-120 in overtime and stole homecourt advantage.
Aldridge finished with 46 points—highest so far in this NBA Playoffs—while Lillard was clutch down the stretch. The Portland big man added 18 rebounds and 2 blocked shots while the spitfire point guard had 31 points, 9 rebounds and 5 assists in his playoff debut.
The pair is expected to spell trouble once again for the Rockets, which had the lead to start the 4th quarter but gave up 33 points in the payoff period as the Blazers forced the extra period.
The Rockets' offense wasn't the problem although they did falter down the stretch. James Harden had 27 points but was ineffective with just 8-of-28 field goal shooting. This included two shots inside the final minute.
Dwight Howard, who had a huge double-double of 27 points and 15 boards remained positive despite the loss.
"We lost a game we should have won but we've got a brand new game," Howard said in the league’s official website.
"The series is not over ... there's no need to put our heads down. Just stay together. We didn't let any negative thoughts get in our head. Don't let this one game dictate how we're going to play for the rest of the series."
Watch Game 2 of the Portland-Houston series via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Portland Trail Blazers (+6.5) vs. Houston Rockets (O/U:215.0)
Game time: 11:30 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Portland Trail Blazers Trends
- The Trail Blazers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games on the road
- The Trail Blazers are 1-7-1 ATS in their last 9 games in the first round of the playoffs
Houston Rockets Trends
- The Rockets are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Rockets are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs. West teams
- The Rockets are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games after a loss
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase