NBA Playoffs – West First Round, Game 2: Portland Trail Blazers vs. Houston Rockets Live Streaming and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | April 24, 2014 10:50 AM EST
If the Houston Rockets can’t contain LaMarcus Aldridge and Damian Lillard, this best-of-seven affair could be a short one in favor of the Portland Trail Blazers. James Harden, Dwight Howard and the rest of the Rockets host the Blazers for Game 2 of the series hoping to bounce back and avoid a 0-2 hole before the series shifts to Portland.
NBA: Playoffs-Portland Trail Blazers at Houston Rockets
The Blazers beat the Rockets, 122-120 in overtime and stole homecourt advantage.
Aldridge finished with 46 points—highest so far in this NBA Playoffs—while Lillard was clutch down the stretch. The Portland big man added 18 rebounds and 2 blocked shots while the spitfire point guard had 31 points, 9 rebounds and 5 assists in his playoff debut.
The pair is expected to spell trouble once again for the Rockets, which had the lead to start the 4th quarter but gave up 33 points in the payoff period as the Blazers forced the extra period.
The Rockets' offense wasn't the problem although they did falter down the stretch. James Harden had 27 points but was ineffective with just 8-of-28 field goal shooting. This included two shots inside the final minute.
Dwight Howard, who had a huge double-double of 27 points and 15 boards remained positive despite the loss.
"We lost a game we should have won but we've got a brand new game," Howard said in the league’s official website.
"The series is not over ... there's no need to put our heads down. Just stay together. We didn't let any negative thoughts get in our head. Don't let this one game dictate how we're going to play for the rest of the series."
Watch Game 2 of the Portland-Houston series via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Portland Trail Blazers (+6.5) vs. Houston Rockets (O/U:215.0)
Game time: 11:30 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Portland Trail Blazers Trends
- The Trail Blazers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games on the road
- The Trail Blazers are 1-7-1 ATS in their last 9 games in the first round of the playoffs
Houston Rockets Trends
- The Rockets are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Rockets are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs. West teams
- The Rockets are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games after a loss
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015